I am going to be going to Nepal this October and am looking to do a short, relatively easy trek. I've come down to 3 treks: The Royal Trek, Ghorepani/Poon Hill, and the Sikles. Has anyone ever done any of these treks? I'm looking for a trek with good mountain views but I also want to walk through rice fields and forests too, and (maybe) see some wildlife! I've heard Poon Hill is the most popular and there's garbage all over the trail. I'd love to hear from anyone who has taken the Royal, Poon Hill or Sikles Trek!
Which Nepal Trek?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 2 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 3 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 4 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 5 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 6 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 7 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 8 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 9 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 10 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 11 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 12 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 13 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul
- 14 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 15 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 16 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 17 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 18 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 19 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 20 Kashmir today
- 21 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 22 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 23 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 24 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 25 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong