I am going to be going to Nepal this October and am looking to do a short, relatively easy trek. I've come down to 3 treks: The Royal Trek, Ghorepani/Poon Hill, and the Sikles. Has anyone ever done any of these treks? I'm looking for a trek with good mountain views but I also want to walk through rice fields and forests too, and (maybe) see some wildlife! I've heard Poon Hill is the most popular and there's garbage all over the trail. I'd love to hear from anyone who has taken the Royal, Poon Hill or Sikles Trek!
Which Nepal Trek?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 2 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 3 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 4 Photos from India!
- 5 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 6 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 7 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 8 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 9 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 10 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 11 Myanmar River Cruises
- 12 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 13 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 14 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 15 How to handle cash in Japan
- 16 Great Wall hike
- 17 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 18 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer
- 19 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 20 Six days in Hong Kong
- 21 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 22 Storing photos while traveling
- 23 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 24 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 25 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?