We are taking a trip to Chiang Mai in the fall and were wondering where we should stay? Is it better to stay in the city or outside the city? There are so many choices however some insight and recommendations from other travelers would be great. Is a smaller boutique hotel more likely to have an authentic feel? What about pricing? Any information would be helpful.
Where to stay in Chiang Mai Thiland
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2014 - Kathmandu, Pokhara, Poon Hill Trek
- 2 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 3 Seeing autumn leaves in "rural" Japan
- 4 Will the new $100 bill be rejected or accepted in Burma?
- 5 day bus Yangon -Kalaw?
- 6 Places to buy Malaysian fine crafts
- 7 help with itinerary!
- 8 Thailand Flights-Bangkok to Phuket
- 9 Airport pick up from Narita
- 10 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 11 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 12 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 13 Advice re. day trip from Chiang Rai to Mae Sai & Golden Triangle
- 14 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 15 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 16 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 18 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 19 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 20 Christmas Time in India
- 21 Having doubts with China
- 22 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 23 Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- 24 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 25 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014