We are taking a trip to Chiang Mai in the fall and were wondering where we should stay? Is it better to stay in the city or outside the city? There are so many choices however some insight and recommendations from other travelers would be great. Is a smaller boutique hotel more likely to have an authentic feel? What about pricing? Any information would be helpful.
Where to stay in Chiang Mai Thiland
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 2 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 3 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 4 Welcome To Saigon. The Heat Is On.
- 5 Myanmar - Our thoughts and experiences from our recent trip
- 6 July itinerary in Japan
- 7 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 8 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 9 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 10 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 11 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 12 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 13 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 14 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 15 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 16 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 17 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 18 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 19 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 20 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 21 Myanmar - some questions
- 22 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 23 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 24 Chiang Mai - Sightseeing
- 25 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?