We are in the very early stages of planning a possible 2011 or 2012 trip to Bhutan and Nepal (maybe also Tibet or India). One of the things on my personal "bucket list" is to see Everest (knowing that often the peak will be shrouded in clouds as seen in the movie of the same name). I am wondering where the best place is to have the chance of seeing it. I recall seeing an episode of the 1000 Places series on the Travel Channel and they were in a town where you could see Everest from a terrace. Any ideas?
Where to SEE (not hike) Everest
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Colombo
- 2 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?
- 3 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 4 Cu Chi tunnels claustrophobia
- 5 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 6 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 7 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 8 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 9 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 10 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 11 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 12 6 Hour Layover in Ho Chi Minh
- 13 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 14 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 15 Nepal- recipe?
- 16 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka
- 17 China trip - 15 nights
- 18 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 19 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 20 best dining in Kyoto
- 21 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 22 Traveling India in 8 Months
- 23 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 24 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 25 Mostly Myanmar and a bit of Thailand