We are in the very early stages of planning a possible 2011 or 2012 trip to Bhutan and Nepal (maybe also Tibet or India). One of the things on my personal "bucket list" is to see Everest (knowing that often the peak will be shrouded in clouds as seen in the movie of the same name). I am wondering where the best place is to have the chance of seeing it. I recall seeing an episode of the 1000 Places series on the Travel Channel and they were in a town where you could see Everest from a terrace. Any ideas?
Where to SEE (not hike) Everest
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 2 6 full days in Yagoon
- 3 Flying back and forth between Vietnam and Cambodia: where to start
- 4 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 5 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 6 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 7 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 8 5 day Bangkok Itinerary?
- 9 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 10 Places to visit in India in October
- 11 Amphawa Floating Market
- 12 Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again.
- 13 Currency in South Korea
- 14 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan
- 15 Krabi island tours
- 16 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 17 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 18 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 19 Malaysian honeymoon
- 20 itinerary sri lanka please help
- 21 Myanmar itinerary help
- 22 Thailand and Southeast Asia - Advice for Lone Female
- 23 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 24 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 25 Looking for a good travel agent to plan Vietnam Laos and ?? Travel