We are in the very early stages of planning a possible 2011 or 2012 trip to Bhutan and Nepal (maybe also Tibet or India). One of the things on my personal "bucket list" is to see Everest (knowing that often the peak will be shrouded in clouds as seen in the movie of the same name). I am wondering where the best place is to have the chance of seeing it. I recall seeing an episode of the 1000 Places series on the Travel Channel and they were in a town where you could see Everest from a terrace. Any ideas?
Where to SEE (not hike) Everest
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nepal- recipe?
- 2 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 3 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 4 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 5 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 6 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 7 My SEA trip - photos update
- 8 vietnam and laos
- 9 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 10 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 11 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 12 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 13 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 14 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 15 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 16 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 17 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 18 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 19 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 20 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 21 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 22 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 23 Connaught Place
- 24 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 25 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary