We are in the very early stages of planning a possible 2011 or 2012 trip to Bhutan and Nepal (maybe also Tibet or India). One of the things on my personal "bucket list" is to see Everest (knowing that often the peak will be shrouded in clouds as seen in the movie of the same name). I am wondering where the best place is to have the chance of seeing it. I recall seeing an episode of the 1000 Places series on the Travel Channel and they were in a town where you could see Everest from a terrace. Any ideas?
Where to SEE (not hike) Everest
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Mongolia tour or independently
- 2 At the top of Macau Tower!
- 3 Three days in Bangkok
- 4 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 5 Khao Lak
- 6 Vietnam Itinerary- Help!
- 7 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 8 Tiger Temple to lose all its tiger population soon
- 9 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 10 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 11 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 12 Photos from India!
- 13 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 14 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 15 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 16 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 17 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 18 Myanmar River Cruises
- 19 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 20 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 21 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 22 How to handle cash in Japan
- 23 Great Wall hike
- 24 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 25 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer