We are in the very early stages of planning a possible 2011 or 2012 trip to Bhutan and Nepal (maybe also Tibet or India). One of the things on my personal "bucket list" is to see Everest (knowing that often the peak will be shrouded in clouds as seen in the movie of the same name). I am wondering where the best place is to have the chance of seeing it. I recall seeing an episode of the 1000 Places series on the Travel Channel and they were in a town where you could see Everest from a terrace. Any ideas?
Where to SEE (not hike) Everest
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Taken to the police station for not carrying documents... please, help!
- 2 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 3 Sri Lanka itinerary-please critic
- 4 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 5 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 6 meeting at beijing airport
- 7 One week in Tokyo
- 8 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 9 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 10 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 11 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 12 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 13 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 14 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 15 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 16 Hotel in Singapore
- 17 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 18 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 19 Bali - January 2015
- 20 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 21 Visa Cambodia
- 22 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 23 New Thailand Visa Rules Effective Aug/29/2014
- 24 Two questions about Thailand
- 25 Help! Taking Prescription Drugs Into Japan