We are in the very early stages of planning a possible 2011 or 2012 trip to Bhutan and Nepal (maybe also Tibet or India). One of the things on my personal "bucket list" is to see Everest (knowing that often the peak will be shrouded in clouds as seen in the movie of the same name). I am wondering where the best place is to have the chance of seeing it. I recall seeing an episode of the 1000 Places series on the Travel Channel and they were in a town where you could see Everest from a terrace. Any ideas?
Where to SEE (not hike) Everest
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 2 One week in Tokyo
- 3 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 4 THAILAND** Redone based on feedback dropped agent trying to do it myself
- 5 Overnight layover/transit in PEK or Shanghai WITHOUT a visa?
- 6 5 days booked in Ubud - would you spend one at the Writer's festival?
- 7 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 8 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 9 Flights from Bangkok to Phnom Penh
- 10 china
- 11 TIPS FOR TRAVELLING THE PHILIPPINES
- 12 where to next after Nanjing 2014 youth olympic games
- 13 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 14 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 15 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 16 China - Personal recommendations
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 18 May 31st to June 13th, 2015 in Thailand, need help in itinerary
- 19 Exploring Taiwan off-the-beaten path and on a scooter
- 20 Vietnam and Angkor Wat, Cambodia: Need help organizing Itinerary
- 21 Burma river cruise
- 22 Driving in Laos
- 23 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 24 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 25 How would you organize this itinerary?