We are in the very early stages of planning a possible 2011 or 2012 trip to Bhutan and Nepal (maybe also Tibet or India). One of the things on my personal "bucket list" is to see Everest (knowing that often the peak will be shrouded in clouds as seen in the movie of the same name). I am wondering where the best place is to have the chance of seeing it. I recall seeing an episode of the 1000 Places series on the Travel Channel and they were in a town where you could see Everest from a terrace. Any ideas?
Where to SEE (not hike) Everest
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 2 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 3 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 4 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 5 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 6 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 7 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 8 Destination Bangkok, again
- 9 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 10 Travel during China national week?
- 11 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 12 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 13 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 14 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 15 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 16 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 17 Angkor - when to go?
- 18 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 19 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 20 India with 4 kids
- 21 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 22 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 23 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 24 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 25 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India