We are in the very early stages of planning a possible 2011 or 2012 trip to Bhutan and Nepal (maybe also Tibet or India). One of the things on my personal "bucket list" is to see Everest (knowing that often the peak will be shrouded in clouds as seen in the movie of the same name). I am wondering where the best place is to have the chance of seeing it. I recall seeing an episode of the 1000 Places series on the Travel Channel and they were in a town where you could see Everest from a terrace. Any ideas?
Where to SEE (not hike) Everest
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 2 Buy real and fake Passport ,Visa,Driving License,ID, etc
- 3 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 4 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 5 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 6 Nepal
- 7 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 8 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 9 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 10 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 11 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 12 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 13 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 14 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 15 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 16 1st time Japan - solo female
- 17 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 18 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 19 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 20 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 21 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 22 Odyssey unlimited
- 23 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 24 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 25 Myanmar Burma travel agent