We are in the very early stages of planning a possible 2011 or 2012 trip to Bhutan and Nepal (maybe also Tibet or India). One of the things on my personal "bucket list" is to see Everest (knowing that often the peak will be shrouded in clouds as seen in the movie of the same name). I am wondering where the best place is to have the chance of seeing it. I recall seeing an episode of the 1000 Places series on the Travel Channel and they were in a town where you could see Everest from a terrace. Any ideas?
Where to SEE (not hike) Everest
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Samui Travelers, Tell Me it is Safer Than What I'm Reading : (
- 2 Full moon night in Mansarovar Lake on 02 June 2015 (Purnima)
- 3 Tokyo Map Recommendation
- 4 CAMBODIA to VIETNAM
- 5 Beware of Many China Job & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 6 Driver/Guide recommendation for day trips from Ubud?
- 7 Where are your fav places to eat with kids in HK
- 8 Free Weekend in Hong Kong - your favorite restaurants?
- 9 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 10 Feedback on Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia Itinerary, Please!
- 11 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 12 India...Men's shorts OK?
- 13 Car rental recommendation - Kanazawa
- 14 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 15 10 days in South Korea?
- 16 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 17 Hotels and Hostels in Thailand
- 18 kyoto hotel - dilema
- 19 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 20 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 21 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 22 India at the end of May
- 23 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 24 Delhi hotel & Pickup
- 25 Hiroshima Day Tour