We are in the very early stages of planning a possible 2011 or 2012 trip to Bhutan and Nepal (maybe also Tibet or India). One of the things on my personal "bucket list" is to see Everest (knowing that often the peak will be shrouded in clouds as seen in the movie of the same name). I am wondering where the best place is to have the chance of seeing it. I recall seeing an episode of the 1000 Places series on the Travel Channel and they were in a town where you could see Everest from a terrace. Any ideas?
Where to SEE (not hike) Everest
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 2 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 3 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 4 Penang
- 5 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 6 Myanmar - Our thoughts and experiences from our recent trip
- 7 India
- 8 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 9 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 10 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 11 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 12 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 13 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 14 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 15 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 16 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 17 July itinerary in Japan
- 18 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 19 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 20 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 21 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 22 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 23 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 24 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 25 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!