I am trying to play basketball in as many countries as possible and make a video of basketball around the world with my GoPro. I just landed in Berlin last night and looking at: http://www.courtsoftheworld.com/Japan/Tokyo
I see a lot of courts. I don't know which one are the most popular courts or where the competition is the best. It seems as if Yoyogi park might be the best: http://www.courtsoftheworld.com/Japan/Tokyo/Yoyogi-Park
I am planning to go there tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon.
Do you have other places to recommend?
One thing that I am concerned about is that apparently, locals are not very open to playing ball with strangers/outsiders. I am Canadian of Vietnamese origin so I look Asian. Don't speak Japanese though so I don't know what to expect.
Does anybody have any experience with just showing up with or without a ball and join a pick up game?
If outoor ball is not the solution, does anybody know where I can get in on some indoor ball?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Place to stay Hue
- 2 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 3 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 4 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 5 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 6 Sim cards and adaptors
- 7 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 8 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 9 Hotel in Hanoi
- 10 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 11 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 12 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 13 India help needed
- 14 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 15 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 16 Trekking outside Sapa
- 17 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 18 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 19 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 20 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 21 Go to Pai or not?
- 22 Ko Kraden hotels
- 23 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 24 Hoi Ann hotel
- 25 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?