I am trying to play basketball in as many countries as possible and make a video of basketball around the world with my GoPro. I just landed in Berlin last night and looking at: http://www.courtsoftheworld.com/Japan/Tokyo
I see a lot of courts. I don't know which one are the most popular courts or where the competition is the best. It seems as if Yoyogi park might be the best: http://www.courtsoftheworld.com/Japan/Tokyo/Yoyogi-Park
I am planning to go there tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon.
Do you have other places to recommend?
One thing that I am concerned about is that apparently, locals are not very open to playing ball with strangers/outsiders. I am Canadian of Vietnamese origin so I look Asian. Don't speak Japanese though so I don't know what to expect.
Does anybody have any experience with just showing up with or without a ball and join a pick up game?
If outoor ball is not the solution, does anybody know where I can get in on some indoor ball?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Passport
- 2 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 3 Japan Itinerary
- 4 "An appeal on behalf of a poor defenseless boy...."
- 5 Train vs Taxi from BKK to hotel
- 6 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 7 Toddler twin travel in India
- 8 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 9 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 10 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 11 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 12 Help with Kyushu itinerary appreciated.
- 13 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 14 Hong Kong - Travel Report
- 15 Amakusa island help
- 16 Japan Trip Delayed
- 17 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 18 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 19 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 20 Month long SE Asia trip
- 21 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 22 Cambodia weather
- 23 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 24 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 25 Sad News: The Thai King has died