My family and I went to Nanjing to watch the 2014 Youth Olympic Games. Nanjing is such a combination of modern and ancient just as wonderful as Beijing. We wanna stay in China for probably one more week after the games to travel around several neighboring cities (cuz we don’t want to spend much time on the road). Since we’ve been to Shanghai before, we prefer those small towns than the metropolis and we are more interested in the historical sites and beautiful natural scenes.
Anyone can recommend some places worth visiting in the south-east of China?
Any suggestions will be appreciated!
Thank u all!
Btw, the opening ceremony is really awesome.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 2 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 3 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 4 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 5 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 6 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 7 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 8 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 9 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 10 Planning my Philippines trip
- 11 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 12 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 13 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 14 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 15 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 16 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 17 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 18 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 19 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 20 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 21 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 22 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 23 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 24 November, March, June... Japan?
- 25 Itinerary Help Japan