I am a 25-year old guy living and working in Denmark. I have a vacation coming up, from june 22nd to july 20th and am deeply covered in thought trying to decide where I want to go. I have to buy my tickets soon, and hope some of you can point me in the right direction
- I'm going to be traveling solo (for the first time)
- I'm backpacking from place to place (probably within a country, but potentially crossing borders as well)
- I have kinda settled on South East Asia, even though I'm not completely sure yet.
- I have 3-4 weeks at my disposal
- I'm not going to Thailand and Cambodia as I've already been there
- I would like to scuba dive and maybe kite surf and/or just surf during the trip
- I hope to meet other backpackers on the trip and party some
- I'm looking for a relatively cheap place, in order not to be limited by resources
I am mostly considering these countries at the moment:
- Vietnam/Laos: Sounds culturally interesting and easy for travel logistics. Beaches and scuba may not be optimal here though
- Philippines: Looks intriguing due to the many different islands, nice beaches, excellent scuba diving and potentially surfing. However, it sounds like wind is kinda low in june/july if I would like to kite surf.
- Sri Lanka: Wind is optimal for kite surfing in this period, but scuba not so much? Further, it seems relatively more expensive than the previous two and with a limited number of backpackers due to low season?
- Indonesia - Bali etc.: Sound nice for scuba and surfing, but more expensive and many young party tourists? Not that I don't want to party though...
- Others? Please provide suggestions, I'll really appreciate it!
Hope some of you can help me out, I'm beginning to stress out up here
Thanks so much
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 aol Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 aol Tec*h car*e
- 2 process for arriving in Narita airport
- 3 Enjoy vivacious experience with massage in Chennai
- 4 Get Baroda Hot massage Service 24 Hours
- 5 Take the City Ride with full enjoy in Delhi
- 6 Top Things to do in Amazing Bali - Travel Report
- 7 Goa is the perfect destination to plan your vacation
- 8 November Itinerary Check
- 9 Enjoy the ethical massage service in Mumbai
- 10 Get a glimpse of soulful Girls in Bangalore
- 11 Ravishing Hyderabad Girls On your Stay in City
- 12 SILK BLANKETS: BEIJING or SHANGHAI
- 13 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 14 Travel within Japan
- 15 Family Trip to India late May/early June
- 16 Bangkok Hotel- near BTS & late check out
- 17 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 18 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 19 So excited - going to Siem Reap
- 20 Hotel Chang Mai
- 21 Floods in North and Central Vietnam
- 22 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 23 Bhutan paro Tshechu
- 24 Thailand
- 25 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
Where to go SOLO in (SE. Asia?) june/july (3-4 weeks)? Help me decide