My husband and I are planning on doing a south east Asia trip in feb of 2017. We are both in our early 30s. We like to have a little bit of a night life but nothing super crazy. Can someone please recommended some countries and areas within them?
I have been doing a lot of research and am finding it very difficult to decide. We were really excited about thialand but since the recent bombings there that will no longer be an option. One place for sure we also know we want to go to is Bali. Thinking of staying in legian or semenyek.
I've heard that Vietnam is beautiful but have also been cautioned about a lot of scams and the locals not being very friendly to tourists. It would definitely put a damper on things if we felt unwelcome.
Other places we were also thinking was the Philippines or Malaysia or Cambodia.
Maybe another thing to know is that we will not be back packing or anything like that. We're are going to try and stay in some nice places but nothing too crazy expensive.
If anyone can help with some suggestions that would be awesome!!
Oh and p.s we are planning on going for about a month
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam visa debate
- 2 Please help us with planning a Silk Road tour in China 2017
- 3 Japan Cherry Blossom time 2018
- 4 Transfers and hotel Hong Kong
- 5 Vietnam visa
- 6 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 7 Silk Road Tour - China
- 8 Bye bye SE Asia
- 9 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 12 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 13 India Tour Companies
- 14 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 15 Laos planning.
- 16 Japan rough itinerary
- 17 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 18 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 19 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 20 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 21 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 22 One night in Osaka
- 23 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 24 Japan - costs
- 25 Japan for Foodies