Hello, My husband has a meeting in Bali for 6 days Feb 10-15 and I am tagging along. I would like to take an additional 2 weeks to travel after the meeting, but can't decide if I should spend this time closer to Bali or go to Cambodia (which I have wanted to visit forever), Vietnam and/or Laos. There does seem to be a lot to see Indonesia, but getting around the area appears to have lengthy travel times. Any suggestions on how to use my time? I love history, ruins, nature, hiking and culture, but wouldn't want to spend a lot of time in a big city. Flying around, renting a car and hiring a guide would not be a problem. Thanks for all the help.
where to go in SE Asia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 2 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 3 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 4 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul
- 5 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 6 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 7 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 8 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 9 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 10 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 11 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 12 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 13 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 14 Kashmir today
- 15 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 16 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 17 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 18 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 19 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 20 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 21 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 22 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 23 Luang Prabang Waterfall
- 24 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 25 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India