We are coming from ME and will be in Hawaii for an event in May. We're thinking that since we're already halfway around the world we should take advantage and visit another place.
Since we'll be getting a beach fix in HI,we would prefer someplace that focuses on cultural aspects. We are mid 60's and pretty active. Bangkok and Myanmar have been suggested to me. Any thoughts? We are looking at spending a week or so, and I should get started w/ tix etc.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 2 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 3 Footwear for Vietnam?
- 4 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 5 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 6 Thoughts on this itinerary
- 7 It can be cheap but awesome!
- 8 Totally unprepared
- 9 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 10 Shanghai Airpor overnight
- 11 Chengdu, China - Giant Panda Research Base Travel Report
- 12 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 13 Rental Car Bali
- 14 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 15 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 16 Good Eats in Chiang Mai / Chiang Rai
- 17 A great trip in India
- 18 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 19 Krabi, Koh Lanta or other
- 20 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 21 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 22 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 23 Beggars in Siem Reap and Angkor
- 24 Some notes about South Korea
- 25 Tokyo Itinerary Help please