We are coming from ME and will be in Hawaii for an event in May. We're thinking that since we're already halfway around the world we should take advantage and visit another place.
Since we'll be getting a beach fix in HI,we would prefer someplace that focuses on cultural aspects. We are mid 60's and pretty active. Bangkok and Myanmar have been suggested to me. Any thoughts? We are looking at spending a week or so, and I should get started w/ tix etc.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 2 Christmas in Cambodia - where to book??
- 3 Need recommended Tour Companies in Sri Lanka please
- 4 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 5 China and Japan help
- 6 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 7 5 days in Bali
- 8 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 9 5 weeks in Japan
- 10 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 11 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 12 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 13 Requesting Passport Number
- 14 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 15 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 16 Eating in India
- 17 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 18 Phu Quoc
- 19 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 20 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 21 Help! India Visa question....
- 22 Singapore hotel
- 23 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
- 24 Indonesia in February/rainy season
- 25 Still contemplating SEA this winter and have questions