Currently I'm teaching in PRC and when my contract expires next year, some friends of mine will be coming to visit and we want to spend at least a month or two moving around. The primary focus of this trip, for me, is to get on a really really nice beach. Maybe a really secluded beach and also a more backpackerish beach in addition.
The problem is, as I've come to find...it seems that August is monsoon season for much of southeast asia...so previous choices of thailand, vietnam etc...seem less attractive. Can anyone recommend a country or two that might be worth checking out? Perhaps a place or two with good beaches and enough variety to spend some time kicking about?
Thanks so much...i'm looking forward to spending a lot of time on this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 2 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 3 where to stay in Bali
- 4 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 5 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 6 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 7 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 8 Honeymoon Indonesia 10 days. Where?
- 9 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 10 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 11 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 12 Confused how to organize Burma itinerary.
- 13 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 15 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 16 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 17 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 18 Totally unprepared
- 19 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 20 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 21 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 22 An island paradise?
- 23 1946-2007: An Old Soldier Returns to Camp Site in Beppu
- 24 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 25 Yet again! This time in Dharamsala