Currently I'm teaching in PRC and when my contract expires next year, some friends of mine will be coming to visit and we want to spend at least a month or two moving around. The primary focus of this trip, for me, is to get on a really really nice beach. Maybe a really secluded beach and also a more backpackerish beach in addition.
The problem is, as I've come to find...it seems that August is monsoon season for much of southeast asia...so previous choices of thailand, vietnam etc...seem less attractive. Can anyone recommend a country or two that might be worth checking out? Perhaps a place or two with good beaches and enough variety to spend some time kicking about?
Thanks so much...i'm looking forward to spending a lot of time on this forum.
where to go in asia & pacific during august?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 2 April in Bangkok, again!
- 3 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 4 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 5 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 6 Problems at 12,000'
- 7 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 8 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 9 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 10 Which Putu in Bali????
- 11 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 12 Japan, japan
- 13 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 14 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 15 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 16 Hong Kong restaurants
- 17 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 18 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 19 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 20 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 21 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 22 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 23 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 24 How safe is Delhi/India
- 25 Malaria