Currently I'm teaching in PRC and when my contract expires next year, some friends of mine will be coming to visit and we want to spend at least a month or two moving around. The primary focus of this trip, for me, is to get on a really really nice beach. Maybe a really secluded beach and also a more backpackerish beach in addition.
The problem is, as I've come to find...it seems that August is monsoon season for much of southeast asia...so previous choices of thailand, vietnam etc...seem less attractive. Can anyone recommend a country or two that might be worth checking out? Perhaps a place or two with good beaches and enough variety to spend some time kicking about?
Thanks so much...i'm looking forward to spending a lot of time on this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 2 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 3 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 4 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 5 Traveling on low budget ,Japan
- 6 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 7 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 8 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 9 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 10 Hanoi Hotel
- 11 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 12 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 13 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 14 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 15 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 16 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 17 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 18 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 19 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 20 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 21 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 22 A great trip in India
- 23 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 24 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 25 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?