Currently I'm teaching in PRC and when my contract expires next year, some friends of mine will be coming to visit and we want to spend at least a month or two moving around. The primary focus of this trip, for me, is to get on a really really nice beach. Maybe a really secluded beach and also a more backpackerish beach in addition.
The problem is, as I've come to find...it seems that August is monsoon season for much of southeast asia...so previous choices of thailand, vietnam etc...seem less attractive. Can anyone recommend a country or two that might be worth checking out? Perhaps a place or two with good beaches and enough variety to spend some time kicking about?
Thanks so much...i'm looking forward to spending a lot of time on this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2 months in Taiwan - relaxing & hassle-free breaks in/out of the country?
- 2 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 3 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 4 Travel India solo
- 5 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 6 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 7 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 8 Osaka, aquarium?
- 9 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 10 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 11 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 12 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 13 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 14 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 15 North India Itinerary advice
- 16 Indonesia travel agent
- 17 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 18 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 19 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 20 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 21 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 22 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 23 A beach of choice on Samui
- 24 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 25 Bangkok Taxis