Currently I'm teaching in PRC and when my contract expires next year, some friends of mine will be coming to visit and we want to spend at least a month or two moving around. The primary focus of this trip, for me, is to get on a really really nice beach. Maybe a really secluded beach and also a more backpackerish beach in addition.
The problem is, as I've come to find...it seems that August is monsoon season for much of southeast asia...so previous choices of thailand, vietnam etc...seem less attractive. Can anyone recommend a country or two that might be worth checking out? Perhaps a place or two with good beaches and enough variety to spend some time kicking about?
Thanks so much...i'm looking forward to spending a lot of time on this forum.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 2 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 3 5 weeks in Japan
- 4 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 5 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 6 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 7 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 9 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 10 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 11 Lodge in Borneo
- 12 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 13 China and Japan help
- 14 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 15 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 16 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 17 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 18 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 19 Requesting Passport Number
- 20 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 21 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 22 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 23 Phu Quoc
- 24 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 25 Help! India Visa question....