Hi out there!
We will visit Kyrgyzstan by end of August (3 people), and try to make an itinerary for trekking(s), at altitudes about 2.000-4.000m around the mountains of lake Isyk kul (but not planning for ice climbing, crampons, axes etc. that would be beyond our limit!)
Our aim is to combine hiking with enjoying nature and village life of Kyrgyz people, and also, to avoid sleeping in tents, for escaping the cold of the night (so, better staying in a house/ shelter/ yurt), and avoid carrying too much weight.
Enjoying the rural and nomad kind of life sounds very interesting.
It could be 2-3 separate trekkings, a few days each.
We plan to visit cities and villages by the lake, too, and move by public transport between them all (and keep budget low).
So, could you recommend some areas to do that kind of trekking, either independently or with guide?
All ideas are very welcomed guys!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 2 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 3 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 4 Japan Itinerary!
- 5 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 6 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 7 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 8 hiking japan sept
- 9 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 10 Japan rough itinerary
- 11 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 12 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 13 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 14 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 15 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 16 shanghai for 4 days
- 17 Budget Servied Apt
- 18 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 19 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 21 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 22 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 23 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 24 Something about... Malaysia
- 25 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
Where to go for mountain trekking and also to enjoy villages and yurts?
Hi out there!