Hi out there!
We will visit Kyrgyzstan by end of August (3 people), and try to make an itinerary for trekking(s), at altitudes about 2.000-4.000m around the mountains of lake Isyk kul (but not planning for ice climbing, crampons, axes etc. that would be beyond our limit!)
Our aim is to combine hiking with enjoying nature and village life of Kyrgyz people, and also, to avoid sleeping in tents, for escaping the cold of the night (so, better staying in a house/ shelter/ yurt), and avoid carrying too much weight.
Enjoying the rural and nomad kind of life sounds very interesting.
It could be 2-3 separate trekkings, a few days each.
We plan to visit cities and villages by the lake, too, and move by public transport between them all (and keep budget low).
So, could you recommend some areas to do that kind of trekking, either independently or with guide?
All ideas are very welcomed guys!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Amazing service - Himalayan Leaders
- 2 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 3 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 4 Tauck or Abercrombie and Kent or Louise Nicholson
- 5 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 6 First trip to Japan
- 7 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 8 Northern India in June
- 9 Hakone Free Pass
- 10 8.5 Days in India - Insane?
- 11 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 12 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 13 OAT trip to India
- 14 Thailand Itinerary...which order?
- 15 Chiang Mai...should we?
- 16 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 17 Castle & King tour operator review
- 18 Santhiya or Anatara in Koh Phangan?
- 19 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 20 What beach to choose?!?!
- 21 Thailand itinerary help - 3 weeks in December
- 22 Singapore or Bali
- 23 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 24 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 25 RHK'S Spring trip
Where to go for mountain trekking and also to enjoy villages and yurts?
Hi out there!