Hi out there!
We will visit Kyrgyzstan by end of August (3 people), and try to make an itinerary for trekking(s), at altitudes about 2.000-4.000m around the mountains of lake Isyk kul (but not planning for ice climbing, crampons, axes etc. that would be beyond our limit!)
Our aim is to combine hiking with enjoying nature and village life of Kyrgyz people, and also, to avoid sleeping in tents, for escaping the cold of the night (so, better staying in a house/ shelter/ yurt), and avoid carrying too much weight.
Enjoying the rural and nomad kind of life sounds very interesting.
It could be 2-3 separate trekkings, a few days each.
We plan to visit cities and villages by the lake, too, and move by public transport between them all (and keep budget low).
So, could you recommend some areas to do that kind of trekking, either independently or with guide?
All ideas are very welcomed guys!
Where to go for mountain trekking and also to enjoy villages and yurts?
Hi out there!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan and China for 16 days
- 2 Help us fill our blank itinerary: 1 week in China
- 3 Exploring Thailand
- 4 10 Day trip to Thailand - end of March
- 5 Drivers for Laos & Java
- 6 Looking for affordable yet nice hotel in Beijing, centrally located
- 7 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 8 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 9 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 10 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 11 Japan in December
- 12 Destination Bangkok, again
- 13 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 14 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 15 Phuket
- 16 More time in Hoi An or Nha Trang? Not beach enthusiasts
- 17 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 18 Looking for advice on short Burma itinerary
- 19 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 20 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 21 Phones in Asia
- 22 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 23 marmot and Others - Looking for Bali Furniture Advice
- 24 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 25 India Add-on