Hi out there!
We will visit Kyrgyzstan by end of August (3 people), and try to make an itinerary for trekking(s), at altitudes about 2.000-4.000m around the mountains of lake Isyk kul (but not planning for ice climbing, crampons, axes etc. that would be beyond our limit!)
Our aim is to combine hiking with enjoying nature and village life of Kyrgyz people, and also, to avoid sleeping in tents, for escaping the cold of the night (so, better staying in a house/ shelter/ yurt), and avoid carrying too much weight.
Enjoying the rural and nomad kind of life sounds very interesting.
It could be 2-3 separate trekkings, a few days each.
We plan to visit cities and villages by the lake, too, and move by public transport between them all (and keep budget low).
So, could you recommend some areas to do that kind of trekking, either independently or with guide?
All ideas are very welcomed guys!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 2 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 3 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 4 Travel Itenary
- 5 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 6 Taiwan itinerary help, only 3 nights/2 days.
- 7 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 8 Thailand - Help with Itinerary 15 Days to incl. North & South
- 9 japan itenirary help
- 10 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 11 Is this crazy?
- 12 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 13 thai baht allowance
- 14 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 15 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 16 2 gals and 2 weeks in Bali
- 17 JR Pass or Pay as you Go
- 18 In Seoul for one day
- 19 Japan & WiFi
- 20 Bali airport transportation
- 21 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 22 Halong Bay cruise
- 23 Vietnam - 15 day Visa Waiver extended until 30 June 2017
- 24 Struggling with SE Asia Itinerary for November
- 25 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
Where to go for mountain trekking and also to enjoy villages and yurts?
Hi out there!