Hi out there!
We will visit Kyrgyzstan by end of August (3 people), and try to make an itinerary for trekking(s), at altitudes about 2.000-4.000m around the mountains of lake Isyk kul (but not planning for ice climbing, crampons, axes etc. that would be beyond our limit!)
Our aim is to combine hiking with enjoying nature and village life of Kyrgyz people, and also, to avoid sleeping in tents, for escaping the cold of the night (so, better staying in a house/ shelter/ yurt), and avoid carrying too much weight.
Enjoying the rural and nomad kind of life sounds very interesting.
It could be 2-3 separate trekkings, a few days each.
We plan to visit cities and villages by the lake, too, and move by public transport between them all (and keep budget low).
So, could you recommend some areas to do that kind of trekking, either independently or with guide?
All ideas are very welcomed guys!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Assiste : AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681 :7208 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 2 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 3 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 4 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 5 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 6 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 7 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 8 Laos or Kerala?
- 9 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 10 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 11 Bali & Singapore in October
- 12 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 13 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 14 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 15 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 16 Booking on the fly
- 17 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 18 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 19 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 20 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 21 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 22 like my food
- 23 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 24 Portable wifi rental
- 25 21 Day Itinerary to Myanmar - Looking for Suggestions
Where to go for mountain trekking and also to enjoy villages and yurts?
Hi out there!