Hi out there!
We will visit Kyrgyzstan by end of August (3 people), and try to make an itinerary for trekking(s), at altitudes about 2.000-4.000m around the mountains of lake Isyk kul (but not planning for ice climbing, crampons, axes etc. that would be beyond our limit!)
Our aim is to combine hiking with enjoying nature and village life of Kyrgyz people, and also, to avoid sleeping in tents, for escaping the cold of the night (so, better staying in a house/ shelter/ yurt), and avoid carrying too much weight.
Enjoying the rural and nomad kind of life sounds very interesting.
It could be 2-3 separate trekkings, a few days each.
We plan to visit cities and villages by the lake, too, and move by public transport between them all (and keep budget low).
So, could you recommend some areas to do that kind of trekking, either independently or with guide?
All ideas are very welcomed guys!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 18.5 Hours in Singapore
- 2 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 3 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 4 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 5 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 6 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 7 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 8 Honeymoon in Bali
- 9 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 10 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 11 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 12 India E Tourist Visa
- 13 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 14 Choosing destination while travelling with infant
- 15 New Travelor
- 16 Beautiful location for painting
- 17 ASK FOR CHOOSING RESORT IN NHA TRANG, VIETNAM
- 18 The Lost Frescos of Rajasthan
- 19 2 Week Honeymoon in Singapore and Indonesia
- 20 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 21 Honeymoon in Thailan
- 22 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 23 Train Travel in Thailand
- 24 base in Osaka or Kyoto question
- 25 Phillipines - Tour Companies
Where to go for mountain trekking and also to enjoy villages and yurts?
Hi out there!