Hi out there!
We will visit Kyrgyzstan by end of August (3 people), and try to make an itinerary for trekking(s), at altitudes about 2.000-4.000m around the mountains of lake Isyk kul (but not planning for ice climbing, crampons, axes etc. that would be beyond our limit!)
Our aim is to combine hiking with enjoying nature and village life of Kyrgyz people, and also, to avoid sleeping in tents, for escaping the cold of the night (so, better staying in a house/ shelter/ yurt), and avoid carrying too much weight.
Enjoying the rural and nomad kind of life sounds very interesting.
It could be 2-3 separate trekkings, a few days each.
We plan to visit cities and villages by the lake, too, and move by public transport between them all (and keep budget low).
So, could you recommend some areas to do that kind of trekking, either independently or with guide?
All ideas are very welcomed guys!
Where to go for mountain trekking and also to enjoy villages and yurts?
Hi out there!
- 1 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 2 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 3 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 4 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 5 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 6 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 7 Anyone in Bangkok
- 8 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?
- 9 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 10 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 11 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 12 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 13 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 14 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 15 Travel Insurance
- 16 South East Asia
- 17 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 18 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 19 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 20 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 21 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 22 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 23 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 24 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 25 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report