Hi out there!
We will visit Kyrgyzstan by end of August (3 people), and try to make an itinerary for trekking(s), at altitudes about 2.000-4.000m around the mountains of lake Isyk kul (but not planning for ice climbing, crampons, axes etc. that would be beyond our limit!)
Our aim is to combine hiking with enjoying nature and village life of Kyrgyz people, and also, to avoid sleeping in tents, for escaping the cold of the night (so, better staying in a house/ shelter/ yurt), and avoid carrying too much weight.
Enjoying the rural and nomad kind of life sounds very interesting.
It could be 2-3 separate trekkings, a few days each.
We plan to visit cities and villages by the lake, too, and move by public transport between them all (and keep budget low).
So, could you recommend some areas to do that kind of trekking, either independently or with guide?
All ideas are very welcomed guys!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 2 Bali private driver recommendation
- 3 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 4 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 5 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 6 North India Itinerary advice
- 7 The Indian money crunch.
- 8 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 9 The truth about elephant tourism
- 10 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 11 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 12 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 13 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 14 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 15 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 16 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 17 Kerala trip
- 18 E Visa for India?
- 19 1-2 months South East Asia
- 20 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 21 Help - India.
- 22 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 23 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 24 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 25 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
Where to go for mountain trekking and also to enjoy villages and yurts?
Hi out there!