Hi out there!
We will visit Kyrgyzstan by end of August (3 people), and try to make an itinerary for trekking(s), at altitudes about 2.000-4.000m around the mountains of lake Isyk kul (but not planning for ice climbing, crampons, axes etc. that would be beyond our limit!)
Our aim is to combine hiking with enjoying nature and village life of Kyrgyz people, and also, to avoid sleeping in tents, for escaping the cold of the night (so, better staying in a house/ shelter/ yurt), and avoid carrying too much weight.
Enjoying the rural and nomad kind of life sounds very interesting.
It could be 2-3 separate trekkings, a few days each.
We plan to visit cities and villages by the lake, too, and move by public transport between them all (and keep budget low).
So, could you recommend some areas to do that kind of trekking, either independently or with guide?
All ideas are very welcomed guys!
Where to go for mountain trekking and also to enjoy villages and yurts?
Hi out there!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 2 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 3 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 4 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 5 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 6 April in Bangkok, again!
- 7 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 8 Problems at 12,000'
- 9 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 10 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 11 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 12 Which Putu in Bali????
- 13 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 14 Japan, japan
- 15 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 16 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 17 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 18 Hong Kong restaurants
- 19 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 20 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 21 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 22 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 23 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 24 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 25 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.