Hi out there!
We will visit Kyrgyzstan by end of August (3 people), and try to make an itinerary for trekking(s), at altitudes about 2.000-4.000m around the mountains of lake Isyk kul (but not planning for ice climbing, crampons, axes etc. that would be beyond our limit!)
Our aim is to combine hiking with enjoying nature and village life of Kyrgyz people, and also, to avoid sleeping in tents, for escaping the cold of the night (so, better staying in a house/ shelter/ yurt), and avoid carrying too much weight.
Enjoying the rural and nomad kind of life sounds very interesting.
It could be 2-3 separate trekkings, a few days each.
We plan to visit cities and villages by the lake, too, and move by public transport between them all (and keep budget low).
So, could you recommend some areas to do that kind of trekking, either independently or with guide?
All ideas are very welcomed guys!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 2 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 3 How to Celebrate New Year 2016 in Pakistan?
- 4 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 5 India help needed
- 6 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 7 Sim cards and adaptors
- 8 Sri Lanka Visa
- 9 Hoi Ann hotel
- 10 Hotel in Hanoi
- 11 Place to stay Hue
- 12 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 13 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 14 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 15 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 16 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 17 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 18 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 19 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 20 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 21 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 22 Trekking outside Sapa
- 23 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 24 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 25 Need help filling out my itinerary
Where to go for mountain trekking and also to enjoy villages and yurts?
Hi out there!