I'm 4 weeks into a round the world trip and I'm about to stop off in Bangkok for a couple of days. Seems like a good time to remedy some packing mistakes I made (bringing denim blue jeans) before I head into the warmer climates.
I should have bought lightweight travel pants made of a modern rip-stop type material and back home I saw several pairs at our local Mountain Equipment Coop (MEC) store that zipped off just below the knees to convert into shorts. I should have bought them but I didnt ;(
Does anyone know of a good store in Bangkok that carries these? Perhaps a travel store like MEC or Europe Bound that we have in Canada?
Any pointers would be much appreciated, I'll be there on Monday till wed, Feb 6-8th.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 2 Magical India
- 3 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 4 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 5 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 6 Japan Itinerary!
- 7 Vientiane and ??
- 8 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 9 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 10 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 11 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 12 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 13 Himachal Pradesh
- 14 Luggage size China ?
- 15 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 16 Thai Elephants
- 17 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 18 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 19 Sri Lanka in August
- 20 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 21 India itinerary critique please
- 22 Japan/Korea/HK
- 23 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 24 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 25 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays