I am traveling to Bangkok on the 24th January and leaving around the 31st or 1st or so. I am currently looking at accommodation and have a few questions.
1. Where should I stay? I have been looking at trying to say sort of in between Khao San and Sukumvhit areas.
2. Will the protests cause any extra congestion or problems in any particular area? Siam square? Democracy monument?
3. Is it better to wait until I get there, or closer to the date I get there to book? Is it possible that the protests / reduced tourism could provide a chance for bargain prices?
Thanks in advance.
Where should I stay in Bangkok?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How to access to Kanazawa New Shinkansen Service March
- 2 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 3 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 4 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 5 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 6 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 7 Osaka shopping
- 8 Luggage Transfer From Hotels
- 9 Penang
- 10 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 11 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 12 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 13 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 14 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 15 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 16 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 17 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 18 Restaurants and Things to do at night
- 19 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 20 Takayama ideas in April?
- 21 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 22 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 23 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 24 Update on recent TR's on Mrauk U
- 25 4-1/2 days in Seoul