I am traveling to Bangkok on the 24th January and leaving around the 31st or 1st or so. I am currently looking at accommodation and have a few questions.
1. Where should I stay? I have been looking at trying to say sort of in between Khao San and Sukumvhit areas.
2. Will the protests cause any extra congestion or problems in any particular area? Siam square? Democracy monument?
3. Is it better to wait until I get there, or closer to the date I get there to book? Is it possible that the protests / reduced tourism could provide a chance for bargain prices?
Thanks in advance.
Where should I stay in Bangkok?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 2 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 3 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 4 Nepal
- 5 First time to srilanka
- 6 Ubud Tips
- 7 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 8 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 9 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 10 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 11 Kathie’s & Cheryl’s Impressions of Japan
- 12 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 13 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 14 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 15 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 16 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 17 1week in Hyderabad in mid-April need itinerary help
- 18 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 19 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 20 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 21 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 22 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 23 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 24 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 25 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!