My husband and I (in our late 20's) are in the early stages of planning a trip for late June or July for approx 10 days. We really want to see a part of Southeast Asia - Indonesia, Malaysia and Vietnam are all under consideration. We're open to Cambodia and other locations. We'd be flying from New York.
Looking at the posts, I see that even 2 months is too little, but with ~10 days what would you suggest? We want a mix of lots of culture with a little city and little beach thrown in, and of course, good weather. Given the short timeframe, we want traveling between locations to be relatively short. Your help is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 2 Month long SE Asia trip
- 3 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 4 Is 1 hr 10 min layover in Narita enough?
- 5 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 6 Vietnam Itinerary Input, The country is so LONG!
- 7 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 8 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 9 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 10 I Finally Wrote A Trip Report
- 11 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 12 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 13 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 14 Visa Question - Cambodia
- 15 Sad News: The Thai King has died
- 16 first draft for Vietnam trip. Critique please
- 17 Amakusa island help
- 18 Japan 10 days Hiroshima or Arashiyama Bamboo Grove
- 19 Rishikesh, India
- 20 a month in india
- 21 Itinerary Help?!
- 22 Tipping
- 23 10 days in Japan. 3 adults, 3 tween girls
- 24 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 25 My Vague Plans For Sri Lanka And South India