The Vietnames people are modest people, so remember to cover shoulders and arms. Women, should wear capri pants rather than shorts. Why not stop into the many shops that sell clothing and buy what they wear? Makes a great souvenir too. Please don't dress too fancy. This IS a third world country, and they are poor. Don't be an ugly American.
What to wear in Vietnam
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 2 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 3 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 4 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 5 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 6 Indian visa
- 7 Mangalore, India as cruise stop…seems underwhelming
- 8 Assistance planning remaining 5 days in South Thailand
- 9 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 10 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 11 Hello from Thailand - I'm here!
- 12 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 13 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 14 Art in Shanghai
- 15 Dress code in India
- 16 One week in India
- 17 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 18 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 19 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 20 Bali for 10 days need help with budget
- 21 help me plan my first trip to japan!
- 22 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 23 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 24 Passport Safety
- 25 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara