The Vietnames people are modest people, so remember to cover shoulders and arms. Women, should wear capri pants rather than shorts. Why not stop into the many shops that sell clothing and buy what they wear? Makes a great souvenir too. Please don't dress too fancy. This IS a third world country, and they are poor. Don't be an ugly American.
What to wear in Vietnam
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A letter for the forum administrator
- 2 Japan, japan
- 3 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 4 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 5 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 6 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 7 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 8 April in Bangkok, again!
- 9 Hong Kong restaurants
- 10 Problems at 12,000'
- 11 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 12 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 13 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 14 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 15 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 16 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 17 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 18 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 19 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 20 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 21 How safe is Delhi/India
- 22 Malaria
- 23 Vietnam and coffee
- 24 I'm going to Japan!
- 25 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?