We're working on our itinerary for a trip to Japan, arriving at Narita on Friday, Oct 11. We only have a week, so I'm trying to figure out what to do with our limited time. I notice that Sports Day is October 14 and am wondering how it will impact our trip. Will sites be closed for this national holiday? Will they be open and jam packed? Are there special activities we can enjoy on Sports Day? Is this a good time to remain in Tokyo or is there something special happening in a nearby location in celebration of Sports Day? Thanks!
What to expect on Sports Day in Japan?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 2 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 3 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 4 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 5 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 6 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 7 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 8 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 9 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 10 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 11 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 12 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 13 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul
- 14 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 15 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 16 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 17 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 18 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 19 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 20 Kashmir today
- 21 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 22 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 23 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 24 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 25 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong