We're working on our itinerary for a trip to Japan, arriving at Narita on Friday, Oct 11. We only have a week, so I'm trying to figure out what to do with our limited time. I notice that Sports Day is October 14 and am wondering how it will impact our trip. Will sites be closed for this national holiday? Will they be open and jam packed? Are there special activities we can enjoy on Sports Day? Is this a good time to remain in Tokyo or is there something special happening in a nearby location in celebration of Sports Day? Thanks!
What to expect on Sports Day in Japan?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 2 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 3 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 4 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 5 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 6 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 7 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 8 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 9 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 10 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 11 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 12 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 13 Nepal
- 14 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 15 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 16 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 17 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 18 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 19 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 20 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 21 1st time Japan - solo female
- 22 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 23 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 24 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 25 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July