We're working on our itinerary for a trip to Japan, arriving at Narita on Friday, Oct 11. We only have a week, so I'm trying to figure out what to do with our limited time. I notice that Sports Day is October 14 and am wondering how it will impact our trip. Will sites be closed for this national holiday? Will they be open and jam packed? Are there special activities we can enjoy on Sports Day? Is this a good time to remain in Tokyo or is there something special happening in a nearby location in celebration of Sports Day? Thanks!
What to expect on Sports Day in Japan?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 More time in Hoi An or Nha Trang? Not beach enthusiasts
- 2 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 3 Drivers for Laos & Java
- 4 Looking for advice on short Burma itinerary
- 5 10 Day trip to Thailand - end of March
- 6 Phuket
- 7 Destination Bangkok, again
- 8 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 9 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 10 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 11 Phones in Asia
- 12 Japan in December
- 13 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 14 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 15 marmot and Others - Looking for Bali Furniture Advice
- 16 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 17 India Add-on
- 18 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 19 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 20 Travel during China national week?
- 21 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 22 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 23 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 24 Japan - Osaka - Things to see?
- 25 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii