We're working on our itinerary for a trip to Japan, arriving at Narita on Friday, Oct 11. We only have a week, so I'm trying to figure out what to do with our limited time. I notice that Sports Day is October 14 and am wondering how it will impact our trip. Will sites be closed for this national holiday? Will they be open and jam packed? Are there special activities we can enjoy on Sports Day? Is this a good time to remain in Tokyo or is there something special happening in a nearby location in celebration of Sports Day? Thanks!
What to expect on Sports Day in Japan?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan
- 2 Trying To Decide Between These 2 Hotels In Singapore
- 3 Hong Kong Winter Weather
- 4 Need help with Myanmar itinerary
- 5 Mae Hong Son Loop in three days? Or four?
- 6 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 7 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2014 - Kathmandu, Pokhara, Poon Hill Trek
- 8 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 9 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 10 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 11 Hotels reasonable priced near the Four Seasons
- 12 beaches in Thailand
- 13 Krabi island tours
- 14 Anatara Riverside Bangkok
- 15 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 16 Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary
- 17 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 18 A little help with my Burma plan..
- 19 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 20 Staying 3 nights in Jaisalmer, what attractions we should see
- 21 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 22 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 23 Kyushu rail pass
- 24 6 full days in Yagoon
- 25 Juphal and dunai help needed