We're working on our itinerary for a trip to Japan, arriving at Narita on Friday, Oct 11. We only have a week, so I'm trying to figure out what to do with our limited time. I notice that Sports Day is October 14 and am wondering how it will impact our trip. Will sites be closed for this national holiday? Will they be open and jam packed? Are there special activities we can enjoy on Sports Day? Is this a good time to remain in Tokyo or is there something special happening in a nearby location in celebration of Sports Day? Thanks!
What to expect on Sports Day in Japan?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 2 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 3 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 4 Great Tour to Rajasthan / North India with private driver
- 5 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 6 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 7 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 8 Japan Itinerary for May
- 9 Thai island escape
- 10 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 11 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 12 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 13 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 14 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 15 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 16 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 17 South Korea 5 days
- 18 Japan -OAT tour
- 19 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 20 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 21 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 22 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 23 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 24 General question
- 25 Train Travel During Golden Week