We're working on our itinerary for a trip to Japan, arriving at Narita on Friday, Oct 11. We only have a week, so I'm trying to figure out what to do with our limited time. I notice that Sports Day is October 14 and am wondering how it will impact our trip. Will sites be closed for this national holiday? Will they be open and jam packed? Are there special activities we can enjoy on Sports Day? Is this a good time to remain in Tokyo or is there something special happening in a nearby location in celebration of Sports Day? Thanks!
What to expect on Sports Day in Japan?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 2 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 3 vietnam and laos
- 4 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 5 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 6 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 7 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 8 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 9 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 10 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 11 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 12 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 13 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 14 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 15 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 16 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 17 Connaught Place
- 18 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 19 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 20 My SEA trip - photos update
- 21 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 22 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 23 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do
- 24 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 25 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?