We're working on our itinerary for a trip to Japan, arriving at Narita on Friday, Oct 11. We only have a week, so I'm trying to figure out what to do with our limited time. I notice that Sports Day is October 14 and am wondering how it will impact our trip. Will sites be closed for this national holiday? Will they be open and jam packed? Are there special activities we can enjoy on Sports Day? Is this a good time to remain in Tokyo or is there something special happening in a nearby location in celebration of Sports Day? Thanks!
What to expect on Sports Day in Japan?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 "Copying" Favorite Clothes
- 2 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 3 Malaysia travel route help!
- 4 Cambodia itinerary advice and luggage storage?
- 5 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 6 Nepal - Lucky Escape!
- 7 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 8 Thailand Itinerary Rough Plan
- 9 Thailand for 2 weeks January 2016
- 10 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 11 help with planning a trip to Vietnam
- 12 Seeking itinerary advice - 14 days in Japan in November
- 13 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 14 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 15 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 16 Tokyo: Belated Trip Report
- 17 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 18 best dining in Kyoto
- 19 Haridwar or Rishikesh?
- 20 Tokyo Sumo and Baseball
- 21 Guardian news story about security and safety in Maldives
- 22 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 23 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 24 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 25 2-3 days in Georgia