We're working on our itinerary for a trip to Japan, arriving at Narita on Friday, Oct 11. We only have a week, so I'm trying to figure out what to do with our limited time. I notice that Sports Day is October 14 and am wondering how it will impact our trip. Will sites be closed for this national holiday? Will they be open and jam packed? Are there special activities we can enjoy on Sports Day? Is this a good time to remain in Tokyo or is there something special happening in a nearby location in celebration of Sports Day? Thanks!
What to expect on Sports Day in Japan?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 2 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 3 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 4 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 5 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 6 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 7 Indian visa
- 8 Mangalore, India as cruise stop…seems underwhelming
- 9 Assistance planning remaining 5 days in South Thailand
- 10 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 11 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 12 Hello from Thailand - I'm here!
- 13 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 14 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 15 Art in Shanghai
- 16 Dress code in India
- 17 One week in India
- 18 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 19 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 20 Bali for 10 days need help with budget
- 21 help me plan my first trip to japan!
- 22 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 23 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 24 Passport Safety
- 25 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara