On our way home from a South East Asia trip we will fly from Ho Chi Minh City to Tokyo Narita on JAL, January 27th. Our bags, except carry on, will be checked through to Los Angeles and we will have our boarding passes. Flight arrives NRT at 7:20 am and leaves at 5:05 pm. Figuring we should return to the airport by 3:00 pm - do you have any suggestions. We would like to train into Tokyo for lunch and a little sightseeing. We are thinking of just going to the Ginza area. Note: We have been to Tokyo once before. We stayed in Asakusa which we loved. I also loved Omotesando Dori near Shinjuku. Have already been to the Edo-Tokyo museum. We are in our 60's and like traditional Japan more than hi-tech (yes, I know, Ginza is high tech). So seeing electronics stores or seedy areas would not be our thing. We just loved the Kabuki Theatre in the Ginza. Admittedly last time we enjoyed the lights of the Ginza, but won't be there for nightime on this little visit. What train to use to get into Tokyo quickly?
What to do with only 7 hours in Tokyo?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 मेरा भारत महान--**--+91-9982822666 Vashikaran Specialist in Hong KONG
- 2 Help! Which to choose?
- 3 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 4 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 5 When is the best time to visit Bhutan?
- 6 North Vietnam Again!
- 7 Passport Safety
- 8 Independent female traveller
- 9 Castle & King
- 10 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 11 Mt Aso Eruption
- 12 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 13 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 14 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 15 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 16 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 17 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 18 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 19 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 20 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 21 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 22 One week in India
- 23 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 24 End of March - Seeking a fabulous ryokan relatively near Tokyo for 2 nights
- 25 Bangkok airport taxi options