Our trip is almost completely planned- we leave on 12/19- but I am still in a quandary about whether to try to plan a side trip during the busy New Years holidays . I would love the group's thoughts on this.
Our itinerary so far:
Hiroshima 1 night
Miyajima 2 nights
Kyoto 5 nights, 1 day trip Nara
Koyasan 2 nights
Tokyo 4 nights ,fly out of Narita afternoon.
We are staying in Asakasa and plan to be there New Years Eve to take part in the temple festivities that evening.
There are possibilities to go to Kamakura, but it will be very crowded and I don't know if it will be that different from Nara and Kyoto to warrant the trip.
I suppose it is possible to go to Nikko but we will go to Koyasan and Miyajima, which will ,I think ,be more rural.
We could just visit various temples in the Tokyo area and stay more local. The free guide service has been very well described in this blog but I think it unlikely that someone would be available during the holidays. I confess, I haven't checked though.1/2, our last full day in Tokyo, I understand many of the shops will be open.
I would love the group's thoughts on this.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 게임몽릴게임 ▣ 홈피: 【_mk289.com_】
- 2 릴게임오리지널신천지 《접 속 : kkn36.com》
- 3 게임몽 ● 연결 : 【_mk289.com_】
- 4 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 5 게임몽 ● 연결 : 【_mk289.com_】
- 6 Transportation from PVG to Hotel
- 7 IMMUNIZATIONS Needed?? Thailand/Cambodia/Beijing
- 8 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
- 9 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 10 Impressions of India
- 11 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 12 Tokyo hotel help
- 13 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 14 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 15 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 16 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 17 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 18 How much Yen?
- 19 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 20 South Korea for Chuseok
- 21 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 22 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 23 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 24 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 25 Bali - What to do?