Our trip is almost completely planned- we leave on 12/19- but I am still in a quandary about whether to try to plan a side trip during the busy New Years holidays . I would love the group's thoughts on this.
Our itinerary so far:
Hiroshima 1 night
Miyajima 2 nights
Kyoto 5 nights, 1 day trip Nara
Koyasan 2 nights
Tokyo 4 nights ,fly out of Narita afternoon.
We are staying in Asakasa and plan to be there New Years Eve to take part in the temple festivities that evening.
There are possibilities to go to Kamakura, but it will be very crowded and I don't know if it will be that different from Nara and Kyoto to warrant the trip.
I suppose it is possible to go to Nikko but we will go to Koyasan and Miyajima, which will ,I think ,be more rural.
We could just visit various temples in the Tokyo area and stay more local. The free guide service has been very well described in this blog but I think it unlikely that someone would be available during the holidays. I confess, I haven't checked though.1/2, our last full day in Tokyo, I understand many of the shops will be open.
I would love the group's thoughts on this.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://lumalifteye.com/povella-cream/
- 2 where to stay in Busan
- 3 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 4 First time to India
- 5 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 6 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 7 Natural Sights in Japan Near Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 8 What's on in Kyoto 4th -9th October 2017
- 9 Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam for 65 year olds
- 10 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 11 Booking a train and pulling out my hair doing it!
- 12 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 13 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 14 Thai Jungle Experience
- 15 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 16 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 17 First time getting out of the country
- 18 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 19 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 20 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 21 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 22 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 23 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 24 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 25 Across Uzbekistan with MIR