Our trip is almost completely planned- we leave on 12/19- but I am still in a quandary about whether to try to plan a side trip during the busy New Years holidays . I would love the group's thoughts on this.
Our itinerary so far:
Hiroshima 1 night
Miyajima 2 nights
Kyoto 5 nights, 1 day trip Nara
Koyasan 2 nights
Tokyo 4 nights ,fly out of Narita afternoon.
We are staying in Asakasa and plan to be there New Years Eve to take part in the temple festivities that evening.
There are possibilities to go to Kamakura, but it will be very crowded and I don't know if it will be that different from Nara and Kyoto to warrant the trip.
I suppose it is possible to go to Nikko but we will go to Koyasan and Miyajima, which will ,I think ,be more rural.
We could just visit various temples in the Tokyo area and stay more local. The free guide service has been very well described in this blog but I think it unlikely that someone would be available during the holidays. I confess, I haven't checked though.1/2, our last full day in Tokyo, I understand many of the shops will be open.
I would love the group's thoughts on this.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 https://skincaresfreetrial.com/nuvaclear-cream/
- 2 Free Tour Guide in Hanoi
- 3 Income Tax Return Filling for NRI
- 4 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 5 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 6 Best (and safest) Place to see the Himalayas
- 7 Mumbai short visit
- 8 K2 Base Camp Trek; Wondrous Experience!
- 9 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 10 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 11 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 12 Thailand Guides
- 13 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 14 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 15 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 16 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 17 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 18 Phuket Beaches
- 19 India itinerary critique please
- 20 Japan Itinerary!
- 21 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 22 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 23 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 24 Magical India
- 25 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food