This question is for people closely familiar with Taipei.
We’re a family of three (husband, wife, and 15 year old child) from Pennsylvania, US. We will be in Taipei for 4 days in October 2015. This is our 1st time in Taiwan and 2nd trip to the South Pacific.
Can you please suggest the best and most interesting neighborhood to stay in Taipei? We are good walkers, and we prefer to stay right in the midst of the Taipei “street life”, night markets, etc. I’m looking not for a hotel suggestion, but for a neighborhood suggestion.
Thank you in advance -
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 2 The Indian money crunch.
- 3 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 4 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 5 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 6 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 7 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 8 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 9 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 10 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 11 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 12 Kerala trip
- 13 E Visa for India?
- 14 1-2 months South East Asia
- 15 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 16 Help - India.
- 17 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 18 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 19 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 20 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 21 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 22 Side trips from Taipei
- 23 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days
- 24 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 25 Bicycling in Vietnam