I am a 35 y/o female planning a solo trip to Thailand for 4 weeks in min January. I am landing in Bangkok for a few days heading north then want to spend 7-8 days at a beach. Here are the things I am looking for in a beach experience:
-No couple, honeymoon, lovebird island
-I would love to be at a beach where a lot of other solo travelers go
-Definitely would like to be able to meet new friends and enjoy some great nightlife, drinks, etc but I want to be able to get a good nights sleep as well when it's time for bed so not looking to be staying anywhere where it's so loud that I can't sleep. Also, I would like to head to a beach from Chiang Mai if possible then head back to Bangkok after the beach. They all seem so difficult to get to...
-Not super expensive maybe $20-$25 a night accommodations from airbnb or a private room hostel
From what I have researched these look the most appealing to me from the pictures but not sure if any offer what I am looking for:
-Ko Phi Phi
Any advice on this will be so so so appreciated or other beach destinations Thank you....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 2 Mount Koya
- 3 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 4 Twin rooms in Japan
- 5 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 6 Idiotic time zone question
- 7 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 8 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 9 Sometahing is wrong
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 sri lanka- tips required
- 12 base bangkok or manilla
- 13 Christmas in the Alps
- 14 Change my Itinerary?
- 15 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 16 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 17 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 18 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 19 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 20 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 21 Impressions of India
- 22 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 23 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 24 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 25 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!