I am a 35 y/o female planning a solo trip to Thailand for 4 weeks in min January. I am landing in Bangkok for a few days heading north then want to spend 7-8 days at a beach. Here are the things I am looking for in a beach experience:
-No couple, honeymoon, lovebird island
-I would love to be at a beach where a lot of other solo travelers go
-Definitely would like to be able to meet new friends and enjoy some great nightlife, drinks, etc but I want to be able to get a good nights sleep as well when it's time for bed so not looking to be staying anywhere where it's so loud that I can't sleep. Also, I would like to head to a beach from Chiang Mai if possible then head back to Bangkok after the beach. They all seem so difficult to get to...
-Not super expensive maybe $20-$25 a night accommodations from airbnb or a private room hostel
From what I have researched these look the most appealing to me from the pictures but not sure if any offer what I am looking for:
-Ko Phi Phi
Any advice on this will be so so so appreciated or other beach destinations Thank you....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kerala trip
- 2 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 3 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 4 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 5 E Visa for India?
- 6 1-2 months South East Asia
- 7 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 8 Help - India.
- 9 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 10 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 11 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 12 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 13 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 14 Side trips from Taipei
- 15 Georgia and Armenia trip
- 16 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days
- 17 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 18 Bicycling in Vietnam
- 19 Thailand Advice Please
- 20 The Indian money crunch.
- 21 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 22 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 23 Myanmar Itinerary review and advise!
- 24 Nara or Hiroshima?
- 25 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017