It looks like I can take 2-3 days off on the way from India back to SF and intend to stop-over in Hong Kong (flying Cathay Pacific on First! - no I am not that rich, tired of trying to use AA miles and burning all of it on this flight)
I will be landing on Sat morning at 9 am, and will be departing HKG at 11 pm on Tue evening. Have a few basic questions, which will help me plan the trip.
1. Weather - I realize this may not be the ideal time to visit HK with thunderstorms. But I am hoping it will be quick showers and not hamper plans for the entire day.
2. Baggage - I will have 4 large baggage, should I leave them in storage at the airport or take them to the hotel.. I don't think I can fit all 4 bags into a single cab.. is there a way to hire a larger vehicle (SUV?)?
3. Hotels - Is there any advantage apart from price on staying in the Kowloon side? If I am not terribly price constrained, should I stay on the HK side? Any thoughts on the W (using starwood points).. if not, a few central locations to search for would be useful.
(Note - I have not done my research on hotels, so looking just for pointers to get me started.. will then spend some time and look at old posts on this topic).
4. Books to help guide - Any suggestions of good guide books. I am in India, so the more common ones, are the ones I am more likely to find. (E.g., fodors, lonely planet etc).
Appreciate the responses..
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 브라보카지노 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 3 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 4 Planning my Philippines trip
- 5 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 6 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 7 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 8 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 9 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 10 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 11 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 12 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 13 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 14 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 15 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 16 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 17 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 18 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 19 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 20 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 21 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 22 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 23 November, March, June... Japan?
- 24 Itinerary Help Japan
- 25 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?