It looks like I can take 2-3 days off on the way from India back to SF and intend to stop-over in Hong Kong (flying Cathay Pacific on First! - no I am not that rich, tired of trying to use AA miles and burning all of it on this flight)
I will be landing on Sat morning at 9 am, and will be departing HKG at 11 pm on Tue evening. Have a few basic questions, which will help me plan the trip.
1. Weather - I realize this may not be the ideal time to visit HK with thunderstorms. But I am hoping it will be quick showers and not hamper plans for the entire day.
2. Baggage - I will have 4 large baggage, should I leave them in storage at the airport or take them to the hotel.. I don't think I can fit all 4 bags into a single cab.. is there a way to hire a larger vehicle (SUV?)?
3. Hotels - Is there any advantage apart from price on staying in the Kowloon side? If I am not terribly price constrained, should I stay on the HK side? Any thoughts on the W (using starwood points).. if not, a few central locations to search for would be useful.
(Note - I have not done my research on hotels, so looking just for pointers to get me started.. will then spend some time and look at old posts on this topic).
4. Books to help guide - Any suggestions of good guide books. I am in India, so the more common ones, are the ones I am more likely to find. (E.g., fodors, lonely planet etc).
Appreciate the responses..
Weekend trip to Hong Kong
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Can you bargain tour price?
- 2 Hire Car In Jaipur
- 3 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 4 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 5 3 1/2 week trip to Japan advise please!
- 6 4 week solo trip through Myanmar/ Burma
- 7 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 8 Help ! How bad is the rain in Bangkok early/mid September? Thanks
- 9 April in Bangkok, again!
- 10 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 11 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 12 Japan night bus
- 13 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 14 Living in Singapore Questions
- 15 Thailand - Koh Samui vs Koh Tao
- 16 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 17 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 18 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 19 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 20 Problems at 12,000'
- 21 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 22 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 23 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 24 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 25 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)