It looks like I can take 2-3 days off on the way from India back to SF and intend to stop-over in Hong Kong (flying Cathay Pacific on First! - no I am not that rich, tired of trying to use AA miles and burning all of it on this flight)
I will be landing on Sat morning at 9 am, and will be departing HKG at 11 pm on Tue evening. Have a few basic questions, which will help me plan the trip.
1. Weather - I realize this may not be the ideal time to visit HK with thunderstorms. But I am hoping it will be quick showers and not hamper plans for the entire day.
2. Baggage - I will have 4 large baggage, should I leave them in storage at the airport or take them to the hotel.. I don't think I can fit all 4 bags into a single cab.. is there a way to hire a larger vehicle (SUV?)?
3. Hotels - Is there any advantage apart from price on staying in the Kowloon side? If I am not terribly price constrained, should I stay on the HK side? Any thoughts on the W (using starwood points).. if not, a few central locations to search for would be useful.
(Note - I have not done my research on hotels, so looking just for pointers to get me started.. will then spend some time and look at old posts on this topic).
4. Books to help guide - Any suggestions of good guide books. I am in India, so the more common ones, are the ones I am more likely to find. (E.g., fodors, lonely planet etc).
Appreciate the responses..
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.potentmuscles.com/embova-rx
- 2 1-2nights Japanese Alps - where and what?
- 3 Warning! Don't use Sinorama Holidays to book a trip to China
- 4 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?
- 5 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 6 Christmas in the Alps
- 7 Bali - Benoa or Pettingenet?
- 8 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 9 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 10 Hesitating between Backpacking and Aisec project
- 11 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 12 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 13 2 weeks in Tokyo - Itinerary review please?
- 14 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 15 Phnom Penh during Bon Om Touk?
- 16 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 17 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 18 sri lanka- tips required
- 19 base bangkok or manilla
- 20 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 21 Idiotic time zone question
- 22 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 23 Mount Koya
- 24 Sometahing is wrong
- 25 Twin rooms in Japan