It looks like I can take 2-3 days off on the way from India back to SF and intend to stop-over in Hong Kong (flying Cathay Pacific on First! - no I am not that rich, tired of trying to use AA miles and burning all of it on this flight)
I will be landing on Sat morning at 9 am, and will be departing HKG at 11 pm on Tue evening. Have a few basic questions, which will help me plan the trip.
1. Weather - I realize this may not be the ideal time to visit HK with thunderstorms. But I am hoping it will be quick showers and not hamper plans for the entire day.
2. Baggage - I will have 4 large baggage, should I leave them in storage at the airport or take them to the hotel.. I don't think I can fit all 4 bags into a single cab.. is there a way to hire a larger vehicle (SUV?)?
3. Hotels - Is there any advantage apart from price on staying in the Kowloon side? If I am not terribly price constrained, should I stay on the HK side? Any thoughts on the W (using starwood points).. if not, a few central locations to search for would be useful.
(Note - I have not done my research on hotels, so looking just for pointers to get me started.. will then spend some time and look at old posts on this topic).
4. Books to help guide - Any suggestions of good guide books. I am in India, so the more common ones, are the ones I am more likely to find. (E.g., fodors, lonely planet etc).
Appreciate the responses..
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sakura (cherry blossom) forecasts 2016
- 2 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 3 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 4 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 5 A great trip in India
- 6 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 7 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 8 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 9 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 10 My Honeymoon Trip to Valparai
- 11 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 12 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 13 Traveling on low budget ,Japan
- 14 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 15 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 16 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 17 Hanoi Hotel
- 18 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 19 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 20 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 21 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 22 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 23 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 24 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 25 Earthquake in Myanmar