It looks like I can take 2-3 days off on the way from India back to SF and intend to stop-over in Hong Kong (flying Cathay Pacific on First! - no I am not that rich, tired of trying to use AA miles and burning all of it on this flight)
I will be landing on Sat morning at 9 am, and will be departing HKG at 11 pm on Tue evening. Have a few basic questions, which will help me plan the trip.
1. Weather - I realize this may not be the ideal time to visit HK with thunderstorms. But I am hoping it will be quick showers and not hamper plans for the entire day.
2. Baggage - I will have 4 large baggage, should I leave them in storage at the airport or take them to the hotel.. I don't think I can fit all 4 bags into a single cab.. is there a way to hire a larger vehicle (SUV?)?
3. Hotels - Is there any advantage apart from price on staying in the Kowloon side? If I am not terribly price constrained, should I stay on the HK side? Any thoughts on the W (using starwood points).. if not, a few central locations to search for would be useful.
(Note - I have not done my research on hotels, so looking just for pointers to get me started.. will then spend some time and look at old posts on this topic).
4. Books to help guide - Any suggestions of good guide books. I am in India, so the more common ones, are the ones I am more likely to find. (E.g., fodors, lonely planet etc).
Appreciate the responses..
Weekend trip to Hong Kong
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nepal
- 2 Japan - 3wks solo - Kiso Valley logistics and which nights where!
- 3 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 4 Laos for the backpacker
- 5 1st time Japan - solo female
- 6 The Golden Land - Adventures in Myanmar
- 7 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 8 Thailand-Oceanview Room with private pool
- 9 EBC in May Prep
- 10 17 year olds traveling to Thailand
- 11 Revised Itinerary - feedback please
- 12 Hampi & Badami: Exploring the Vijaynagar and Chalukya empires.
- 13 Dubai and Thailand - Bangkok
- 14 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 15 Winning Valentine's Day -- and the entire month, for that matter, in INDIA
- 16 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 17 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 18 Things to do in Delhi
- 19 Traveling to Burma in April
- 20 Myanmar suspends the work of Doctors without Borders
- 21 Bangkok Airport Taxi
- 22 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 23 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014
- 24 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 25 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think