Hello fellow Fodorites!
I'm mulling over visiting Japan in October of 2016. Question is, what is the weather like during that time of the year? I made my first visit to Tokyo, Japan in mid September of 2012 and while I LOVED visiting the country, it was fairly humid and I was sweatin' like a pig and consuming vast quantities of bottled water. Will it be less humid in October?
When I was there in 2012, I pretty much did everything that was on my itinerary except make it out to Mt. Fuji and ride a bullet train. All of my activity was Tokyo based except the half-day trip I took to Kamakura to see the giant bronze Buddha. This time around I plan on spending some time in Tokyo and then heading down to Kyoto to spend some time there. My travel plans will be as in 2012, leave the U.S. on a Friday with arrival at midday or early evening in Tokyo on Saturday. From there I plan to stay until Monday with check out of hotel on Tuesday to go to Kyoto. I figure part of Tuesday and then all of Wednesday and Thursday should be ample time to see the highlights of Kyoto. Friday I will return to Tokyo and then fly home on Saturday.
As I have never been to Kyoto, for those who have, what are the must see and do things there? And is the time I have allotted to Kyoto a reasonable amount of time? Thanks in advance for any information!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 2 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 3 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 4 Osaka, aquarium?
- 5 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 6 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 7 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 8 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 9 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 10 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 11 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 12 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 13 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 14 Indonesia travel agent
- 15 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 16 A beach of choice on Samui
- 17 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 18 Bangkok Taxis
- 19 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 20 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 21 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 22 A month in central Asia
- 23 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 24 Something about... Malaysia
- 25 Day trip from Kuala Lumpur
Hello fellow Fodorites!