Hello fellow Fodorites!
I'm mulling over visiting Japan in October of 2016. Question is, what is the weather like during that time of the year? I made my first visit to Tokyo, Japan in mid September of 2012 and while I LOVED visiting the country, it was fairly humid and I was sweatin' like a pig and consuming vast quantities of bottled water. Will it be less humid in October?
When I was there in 2012, I pretty much did everything that was on my itinerary except make it out to Mt. Fuji and ride a bullet train. All of my activity was Tokyo based except the half-day trip I took to Kamakura to see the giant bronze Buddha. This time around I plan on spending some time in Tokyo and then heading down to Kyoto to spend some time there. My travel plans will be as in 2012, leave the U.S. on a Friday with arrival at midday or early evening in Tokyo on Saturday. From there I plan to stay until Monday with check out of hotel on Tuesday to go to Kyoto. I figure part of Tuesday and then all of Wednesday and Thursday should be ample time to see the highlights of Kyoto. Friday I will return to Tokyo and then fly home on Saturday.
As I have never been to Kyoto, for those who have, what are the must see and do things there? And is the time I have allotted to Kyoto a reasonable amount of time? Thanks in advance for any information!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam visa
- 2 Bali - What to do?
- 3 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 4 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 5 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 6 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 7 Sri Lanka advice
- 8 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 9 Ryokan in Japan
- 10 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 11 Effects of Labour Day & Buddha's Birthday on HK touring?
- 12 Sri Lanka for 13 nights -need advice
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 Itinerary & airport help
- 15 Dinner spots for solo traveller
- 16 [Travel to ThaiLand]
- 17 Train trip costs help please
- 18 Snapshots From Kerala
- 19 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 20 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 21 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 22 help with trip itinerary in April/May
- 23 Visiting Sri Lanka for the First Time
- 24 Awesome trip to Yellow Mountains and Hangzhou in China!
- 25 Bhutan... Have You Been
Hello fellow Fodorites!