Hello fellow Fodorites!
I'm mulling over visiting Japan in October of 2016. Question is, what is the weather like during that time of the year? I made my first visit to Tokyo, Japan in mid September of 2012 and while I LOVED visiting the country, it was fairly humid and I was sweatin' like a pig and consuming vast quantities of bottled water. Will it be less humid in October?
When I was there in 2012, I pretty much did everything that was on my itinerary except make it out to Mt. Fuji and ride a bullet train. All of my activity was Tokyo based except the half-day trip I took to Kamakura to see the giant bronze Buddha. This time around I plan on spending some time in Tokyo and then heading down to Kyoto to spend some time there. My travel plans will be as in 2012, leave the U.S. on a Friday with arrival at midday or early evening in Tokyo on Saturday. From there I plan to stay until Monday with check out of hotel on Tuesday to go to Kyoto. I figure part of Tuesday and then all of Wednesday and Thursday should be ample time to see the highlights of Kyoto. Friday I will return to Tokyo and then fly home on Saturday.
As I have never been to Kyoto, for those who have, what are the must see and do things there? And is the time I have allotted to Kyoto a reasonable amount of time? Thanks in advance for any information!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 2 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 3 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 4 Beijing tours
- 5 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 6 help with trip itinerary in April/May
- 7 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 8 Japan GTG, early April
- 9 Trip Report : China
- 10 Japan itinerary advice
- 11 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 12 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 13 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 14 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 15 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 16 Other than Kyoto?
- 17 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 18 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 19 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 20 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 21 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 22 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 23 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 24 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 25 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
Hello fellow Fodorites!