I went for my first Wat Pho massage (on this forum I have posted other non spa reasonable recos for massages). We went to the massage room in the main Wat. The room was crowded and non a/c. On the desk was a paper saying their a/c massage room was nearby in case anyone wanted to try. I asked the woman at the counter and she tried to dissuade me telling me it was a 5 min walk and I should stay here. Neither my companion nor I were at all happy with the hygiene level or space offered so we disregarded her pushing us to stay and aksed her to direct us to the other place. The walk was less than 5 mins and the place far better. rates are the same. Anyone going for a Wat Pho massage is well advised to make the effort. I would still reco my other places tho - as good as Wat Pho.
Wat Pho - massage tip
- 1 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 2 Cambodia, Laos and a bit of Hong Kong - 5 1/2 weeks (Jan.24-March 4, 2013)
- 3 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 4 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 5 Family Japan Trip in August for First Time - Hotel Planning Advice
- 6 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 7 Hello, Vietnam
- 8 Is it worth switching hotels in Tokyo?
- 9 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 10 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 11 Sri Lanka
- 12 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 13 Kashmir or Nepal
- 14 Udaipur, India
- 15 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 16 Ipoh
- 17 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 18 Treasure Junk Halong/Bai Tu Long bay crusie?
- 19 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 20 LCCT to KL Sentral or 1Utama?
- 21 Honeymoon in Bali, July 2013
- 22 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 23 Saphan Taksin station in the news again?
- 24 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 25 Rajasthan tour: Car and Driver services, advise needed