I am officially done checking in with airline web sites, hoping desparately that I will find 4 seats (any four seats...two to a flight would be fine even!).
Got Honolulu to BKK via Narita on All Nippon Air, I like them; then BKK to Siem Reap and return on Bangkok Airways, then Bkk to Hong Kong (Gulf Air, who are they?) and home to Honolulu, again on ANA.
All hotels are also booked. One thing that bothered me though- the Oriental Bangkok has already charged my credit card for two room nights. It would have been nice if they had warned me...I was planning to put it on a different card once I got there.
Then, the Peninsula just sent me an email. Not only did they confirm a balcony room, (I booked grand deluxe), but they want me to fill out a lengthy charge authorization, and FAX it with a copy of the front and back of my credit card to the Hotel by this weekend.
Once received, they will immediately charge a non-refundable $2100+ for our two rooms/three nights over New Year's. I really don't like having to Fax all this, both for the cost and for the security issues.
Salisbury Y in Hong Kong has also charged me in advance without noting it.
I never use booking sites for hotel rooms, as I hate paying in full in advance, but these hotels went ahead and did it without even warning me!!
Now I'll need to take the credit card statements with me to make sure I get the correct credits once there.....
Oh well. It has been such a chore getting tickets for this trip that I'm just glad to have everything locked in.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 2 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 3 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 4 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 5 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 6 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 7 Planning my Philippines trip
- 8 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 9 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 10 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 11 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 12 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 13 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 14 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 15 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 16 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 17 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 18 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 19 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 20 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 21 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 22 November, March, June... Japan?
- 23 Itinerary Help Japan
- 24 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 25 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha