I am officially done checking in with airline web sites, hoping desparately that I will find 4 seats (any four seats...two to a flight would be fine even!).
Got Honolulu to BKK via Narita on All Nippon Air, I like them; then BKK to Siem Reap and return on Bangkok Airways, then Bkk to Hong Kong (Gulf Air, who are they?) and home to Honolulu, again on ANA.
All hotels are also booked. One thing that bothered me though- the Oriental Bangkok has already charged my credit card for two room nights. It would have been nice if they had warned me...I was planning to put it on a different card once I got there.
Then, the Peninsula just sent me an email. Not only did they confirm a balcony room, (I booked grand deluxe), but they want me to fill out a lengthy charge authorization, and FAX it with a copy of the front and back of my credit card to the Hotel by this weekend.
Once received, they will immediately charge a non-refundable $2100+ for our two rooms/three nights over New Year's. I really don't like having to Fax all this, both for the cost and for the security issues.
Salisbury Y in Hong Kong has also charged me in advance without noting it.
I never use booking sites for hotel rooms, as I hate paying in full in advance, but these hotels went ahead and did it without even warning me!!
Now I'll need to take the credit card statements with me to make sure I get the correct credits once there.....
Oh well. It has been such a chore getting tickets for this trip that I'm just glad to have everything locked in.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 2 Which Thailand beach is best for early October weather?
- 3 Bali & Singapore
- 4 Thailand - Help with Itinerary 15 Days to incl. North & South
- 5 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 6 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 7 An island paradise?
- 8 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 9 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 10 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 11 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 12 Budget accommodation in Krabi and Phi Phi island??
- 13 Is SE Asia overrated as a cheap destination?
- 14 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 16 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 17 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 18 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 19 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 20 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 21 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 22 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 23 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 24 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 25 Earthquake in Myanmar