I am officially done checking in with airline web sites, hoping desparately that I will find 4 seats (any four seats...two to a flight would be fine even!).
Got Honolulu to BKK via Narita on All Nippon Air, I like them; then BKK to Siem Reap and return on Bangkok Airways, then Bkk to Hong Kong (Gulf Air, who are they?) and home to Honolulu, again on ANA.
All hotels are also booked. One thing that bothered me though- the Oriental Bangkok has already charged my credit card for two room nights. It would have been nice if they had warned me...I was planning to put it on a different card once I got there.
Then, the Peninsula just sent me an email. Not only did they confirm a balcony room, (I booked grand deluxe), but they want me to fill out a lengthy charge authorization, and FAX it with a copy of the front and back of my credit card to the Hotel by this weekend.
Once received, they will immediately charge a non-refundable $2100+ for our two rooms/three nights over New Year's. I really don't like having to Fax all this, both for the cost and for the security issues.
Salisbury Y in Hong Kong has also charged me in advance without noting it.
I never use booking sites for hotel rooms, as I hate paying in full in advance, but these hotels went ahead and did it without even warning me!!
Now I'll need to take the credit card statements with me to make sure I get the correct credits once there.....
Oh well. It has been such a chore getting tickets for this trip that I'm just glad to have everything locked in.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 2 Tokyo daytrip
- 3 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 4 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 5 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 6 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 7 Japan GTG, early April
- 8 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 9 Bali - What to do?
- 10 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 11 Impressions of India
- 12 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 13 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 14 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 15 Taiwan confusion..
- 16 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 17 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 18 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 19 Laos- two weeks in January
- 20 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 21 Visa for India
- 22 Snapshots From Kerala
- 23 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 24 Other than Kyoto?
- 25 Japan itinerary advice