I am officially done checking in with airline web sites, hoping desparately that I will find 4 seats (any four seats...two to a flight would be fine even!).
Got Honolulu to BKK via Narita on All Nippon Air, I like them; then BKK to Siem Reap and return on Bangkok Airways, then Bkk to Hong Kong (Gulf Air, who are they?) and home to Honolulu, again on ANA.
All hotels are also booked. One thing that bothered me though- the Oriental Bangkok has already charged my credit card for two room nights. It would have been nice if they had warned me...I was planning to put it on a different card once I got there.
Then, the Peninsula just sent me an email. Not only did they confirm a balcony room, (I booked grand deluxe), but they want me to fill out a lengthy charge authorization, and FAX it with a copy of the front and back of my credit card to the Hotel by this weekend.
Once received, they will immediately charge a non-refundable $2100+ for our two rooms/three nights over New Year's. I really don't like having to Fax all this, both for the cost and for the security issues.
Salisbury Y in Hong Kong has also charged me in advance without noting it.
I never use booking sites for hotel rooms, as I hate paying in full in advance, but these hotels went ahead and did it without even warning me!!
Now I'll need to take the credit card statements with me to make sure I get the correct credits once there.....
Oh well. It has been such a chore getting tickets for this trip that I'm just glad to have everything locked in.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.cluesforhealth.com/strongmen-male-enhancement/
- 2 India itinerary critique please
- 3 Japan Itinerary!
- 4 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 5 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 6 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 7 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 8 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 9 Magical India
- 10 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 11 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 12 Vientiane and ??
- 13 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 14 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 15 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 16 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 17 Himachal Pradesh
- 18 Luggage size China ?
- 19 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 20 Thai Elephants
- 21 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 22 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 23 Sri Lanka in August
- 24 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 25 Japan/Korea/HK