I am officially done checking in with airline web sites, hoping desparately that I will find 4 seats (any four seats...two to a flight would be fine even!).
Got Honolulu to BKK via Narita on All Nippon Air, I like them; then BKK to Siem Reap and return on Bangkok Airways, then Bkk to Hong Kong (Gulf Air, who are they?) and home to Honolulu, again on ANA.
All hotels are also booked. One thing that bothered me though- the Oriental Bangkok has already charged my credit card for two room nights. It would have been nice if they had warned me...I was planning to put it on a different card once I got there.
Then, the Peninsula just sent me an email. Not only did they confirm a balcony room, (I booked grand deluxe), but they want me to fill out a lengthy charge authorization, and FAX it with a copy of the front and back of my credit card to the Hotel by this weekend.
Once received, they will immediately charge a non-refundable $2100+ for our two rooms/three nights over New Year's. I really don't like having to Fax all this, both for the cost and for the security issues.
Salisbury Y in Hong Kong has also charged me in advance without noting it.
I never use booking sites for hotel rooms, as I hate paying in full in advance, but these hotels went ahead and did it without even warning me!!
Now I'll need to take the credit card statements with me to make sure I get the correct credits once there.....
Oh well. It has been such a chore getting tickets for this trip that I'm just glad to have everything locked in.
Wat a relief! Xmas trip finally booked
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Colombo
- 2 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 3 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 4 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 5 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 6 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 7 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 8 6 Hour Layover in Ho Chi Minh
- 9 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 10 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 11 Nepal- recipe?
- 12 Cu Chi tunnels claustrophobia
- 13 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka
- 14 China trip - 15 nights
- 15 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 16 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 17 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 18 best dining in Kyoto
- 19 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 20 Traveling India in 8 Months
- 21 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 22 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 23 Mostly Myanmar and a bit of Thailand
- 24 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 25 From Pittsburgh To Bangalore India In 1 minute