I am officially done checking in with airline web sites, hoping desparately that I will find 4 seats (any four seats...two to a flight would be fine even!).
Got Honolulu to BKK via Narita on All Nippon Air, I like them; then BKK to Siem Reap and return on Bangkok Airways, then Bkk to Hong Kong (Gulf Air, who are they?) and home to Honolulu, again on ANA.
All hotels are also booked. One thing that bothered me though- the Oriental Bangkok has already charged my credit card for two room nights. It would have been nice if they had warned me...I was planning to put it on a different card once I got there.
Then, the Peninsula just sent me an email. Not only did they confirm a balcony room, (I booked grand deluxe), but they want me to fill out a lengthy charge authorization, and FAX it with a copy of the front and back of my credit card to the Hotel by this weekend.
Once received, they will immediately charge a non-refundable $2100+ for our two rooms/three nights over New Year's. I really don't like having to Fax all this, both for the cost and for the security issues.
Salisbury Y in Hong Kong has also charged me in advance without noting it.
I never use booking sites for hotel rooms, as I hate paying in full in advance, but these hotels went ahead and did it without even warning me!!
Now I'll need to take the credit card statements with me to make sure I get the correct credits once there.....
Oh well. It has been such a chore getting tickets for this trip that I'm just glad to have everything locked in.
Wat a relief! Xmas trip finally booked
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Connaught Place
- 2 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 3 vietnam and laos
- 4 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 5 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 6 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 7 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 8 My SEA trip - photos update
- 9 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 10 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 11 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 12 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do
- 13 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 14 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 15 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 16 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 17 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 18 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 19 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 20 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 21 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 22 1 week in Southeast Asia
- 23 Drink Rec for Sri Lankan Food
- 24 Jewelry shopping in Bangkok
- 25 Great place for a honeymoon destination?