Based on what I've read here I decided that VOA was the way to go. We are using Tonkin Travel for our Vietnam arrangements (incredibly responsive) so I asked them about doing the paperwork for VOA. Today I received an email warning me that if other international flights arrive at the same time the wait can be very long. Since we don't have a consulate nearby I'm debating sending the passports to DC, even though we are leaving in a month. The embassy website mentions something called a "loose paper visa" which doesn't require sending the actual passport, just a copy. An unanticipated difficulty is that the website does not give the fees. (The state dept. warns that the fees are variable and not stated.) Anybody tried the loose paper visa? I hate the thought of standing in a long line with a hungry impatient husband. And I don't want to even consider the possibility of having to replace passports during the holidays.
Wait time for Vietnam visa on arrival
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 1/2 week trip to Japan advise please!
- 2 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 3 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 4 Japan night bus
- 5 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 6 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 7 Living in Singapore Questions
- 8 Thailand - Koh Samui vs Koh Tao
- 9 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 10 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 11 April in Bangkok, again!
- 12 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 13 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 14 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 15 Problems at 12,000'
- 16 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 17 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 18 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 19 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 20 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 21 Which Putu in Bali????
- 22 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 23 Japan, japan
- 24 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 25 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions