I am currently looking into doing a 2 week trip to Bali, 6-8 days volunteering and the remainder of the time exploring/beaching. I am trying to find nonprofits/NGOs that focus on women's empowerment through education (I have experience teaching english and computer skills) or microfinance opportunities. I've been searching online but haven't found too many organizations like this in Bali (or they don't have websites that are easily findable in english).
Does anyone know of any organizations that might be open to this short term type of volunteer opportunity? I'm not looking for housing or formalized volunteer programs, I'm more interested in organizations that would be receptive to a short term volunteer looking to give back.
Thank you for the help and input!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel India solo
- 2 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 3 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 4 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 5 Indian Restaurant suggestions:
- 6 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 7 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 8 myanmar
- 9 Busan Central Bus Terminal
- 10 2 months in Taiwan - relaxing & hassle-free breaks in/out of the country?
- 11 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 12 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 13 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 14 Osaka, aquarium?
- 15 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 16 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 17 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 18 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 19 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 20 North India Itinerary advice
- 21 Indonesia travel agent
- 22 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 23 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 24 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 25 Advice on Hainan Island?