I am currently looking into doing a 2 week trip to Bali, 6-8 days volunteering and the remainder of the time exploring/beaching. I am trying to find nonprofits/NGOs that focus on women's empowerment through education (I have experience teaching english and computer skills) or microfinance opportunities. I've been searching online but haven't found too many organizations like this in Bali (or they don't have websites that are easily findable in english).
Does anyone know of any organizations that might be open to this short term type of volunteer opportunity? I'm not looking for housing or formalized volunteer programs, I'm more interested in organizations that would be receptive to a short term volunteer looking to give back.
Thank you for the help and input!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 2 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 3 India help needed
- 4 Place to stay Hue
- 5 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 6 Hotel in Hanoi
- 7 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 8 Go to Pai or not?
- 9 Ko Kraden hotels
- 10 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 11 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 12 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 13 Hoi Ann hotel
- 14 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 15 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 16 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 17 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 18 Trekking outside Sapa
- 19 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 20 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 21 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 22 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 23 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 24 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India
- 25 Thai Island Itinerary