I am currently looking into doing a 2 week trip to Bali, 6-8 days volunteering and the remainder of the time exploring/beaching. I am trying to find nonprofits/NGOs that focus on women's empowerment through education (I have experience teaching english and computer skills) or microfinance opportunities. I've been searching online but haven't found too many organizations like this in Bali (or they don't have websites that are easily findable in english).
Does anyone know of any organizations that might be open to this short term type of volunteer opportunity? I'm not looking for housing or formalized volunteer programs, I'm more interested in organizations that would be receptive to a short term volunteer looking to give back.
Thank you for the help and input!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.healthyorder.org/alpha-muscle-complex/
- 2 best options for cell phone in Vietnam and Thailand
- 3 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 4 Traffic and Police in India
- 5 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 6 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 7 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 8 New Thai Visa
- 9 New Years in Japan
- 10 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 11 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 12 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 13 3 weeks in Japan
- 14 A first time for everything in Japan
- 15 India Tour Companies
- 16 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 17 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 18 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 19 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 20 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 21 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 22 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 23 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 24 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 25 Vietnam Dong