I'm hoping that some of you have volunteered abroad! I'm on a mission to promote volunteering and ethical travel at the moment and I'm hoping some of you on Fodors could give me your experiences of volunteering in Asia.
I volunteered in southern Thailand as a volunteer teacher and loved it! It's good for both the kids I was teaching and good for me too. Although I'm sure those of you that have been volunteering will know that.
So could you tell me where you've been and what you did?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 2 Money (and cards) in Myanmar
- 3 Anyone visit an Orphanage while in Sri Lanka???-Want to help if we can
- 4 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 5 Where to stay in Koyasan?
- 6 Your "must try" Japanese food experiences.
- 7 Hakone Ryokan - Gora Kansuiro
- 8 Myanmar Photo Trip. Lot's O' Photos!
- 9 Which Cities in India if Only Have 8 days on Land?
- 10 Suggestions for plan B?: a week in Thailand in early November
- 11 Japan Itinerary Help
- 12 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 13 Low Humidity August and safe for solo travel?
- 14 Itinerary... and lots of trains. Advice Please
- 15 Trip report: Thailand and Laos - Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Luang Prabang
- 16 Great Wall hike
- 17 I will be in Ubud for 9 days?
- 18 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 19 Vietnam - September 2015
- 20 should i stay in Bali longer for the july 15 holiday ?
- 21 Hotel in Tokyo
- 22 Japan family trip in late Dec
- 23 Hanoi, Vietnam - The last days in April, 2015
- 24 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 25 Myanmar Help