After several hours of searching and finding conflicting info, I figure I could post several rapid fire questions that educated travelers could easily answer. Will be flying in/out of HCMC with bus trip to Siem Reap in middle. Here goes:
1) Vietnam Visa On Arrival seems like best/cheapest bet as will be landing around midnight and hopefully won't be too much of a wait. Total cost per person should be ~$15 (pre-approval letter) + $65 stamping fee (1 month, multiple entry). True?
2) VN VOA pre-approval letter: is it valid for 30 days from when it is issued from website or is it valid 30 days upon arrival in VN? I don't want to order it early only to have it expire before I even get to VN.
3) Cambodia offers e-visa, and while it is also called Visa On Arrival, it is not the same as the VN Visa On Arrival. That's confusing. Cambodia's VOA is an actual visa and costs $28 total through their Kingdom of Cambodia site. Is it worth getting the e-visa? I read it is only accepted at certain crossings...which leads to:
4) Planning on using Mekong Express bus from HCMC to SR ($27). The bus website says they can obtain the visa quickly and easily at the border crossing. Does e-visa work at the crossing the bus takes, or best to let the bus company take car of it (or is this a possible scam opportunity?)?
If you have experience with any of these issues and wouldn't mind dropping knowledge on me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Requesting Passport Number
- 2 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 3 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 4 Using Bravo Indochina Tours Services
- 5 Phu Quoc
- 6 How can i transform my Offline Travel Business to Online??
- 7 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 8 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 9 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 10 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 11 5 weeks in Japan
- 12 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 13 China and Japan help
- 14 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 15 Help! India Visa question....
- 16 Singapore hotel
- 17 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
- 18 Indonesia in February/rainy season
- 19 Still contemplating SEA this winter and have questions
- 20 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 21 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 23 Solo female first-timer: Thailand
- 24 Shanghai Pollution in January 2016
- 25 Japan winter! 2-month itinerary