After several hours of searching and finding conflicting info, I figure I could post several rapid fire questions that educated travelers could easily answer. Will be flying in/out of HCMC with bus trip to Siem Reap in middle. Here goes:
1) Vietnam Visa On Arrival seems like best/cheapest bet as will be landing around midnight and hopefully won't be too much of a wait. Total cost per person should be ~$15 (pre-approval letter) + $65 stamping fee (1 month, multiple entry). True?
2) VN VOA pre-approval letter: is it valid for 30 days from when it is issued from website or is it valid 30 days upon arrival in VN? I don't want to order it early only to have it expire before I even get to VN.
3) Cambodia offers e-visa, and while it is also called Visa On Arrival, it is not the same as the VN Visa On Arrival. That's confusing. Cambodia's VOA is an actual visa and costs $28 total through their Kingdom of Cambodia site. Is it worth getting the e-visa? I read it is only accepted at certain crossings...which leads to:
4) Planning on using Mekong Express bus from HCMC to SR ($27). The bus website says they can obtain the visa quickly and easily at the border crossing. Does e-visa work at the crossing the bus takes, or best to let the bus company take car of it (or is this a possible scam opportunity?)?
If you have experience with any of these issues and wouldn't mind dropping knowledge on me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Cheers.
VN and Cambodia Qs - Conflicting Info
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 2 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 3 Photos from India!
- 4 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 5 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 6 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 7 How to handle cash in Japan
- 8 Great Wall hike
- 9 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 10 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 11 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer
- 12 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 13 Six days in Hong Kong
- 14 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 15 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 16 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 17 Storing photos while traveling
- 18 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 19 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 20 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 21 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 22 BANGKOK HOTELS
- 23 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 24 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 25 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey