After several hours of searching and finding conflicting info, I figure I could post several rapid fire questions that educated travelers could easily answer. Will be flying in/out of HCMC with bus trip to Siem Reap in middle. Here goes:
1) Vietnam Visa On Arrival seems like best/cheapest bet as will be landing around midnight and hopefully won't be too much of a wait. Total cost per person should be ~$15 (pre-approval letter) + $65 stamping fee (1 month, multiple entry). True?
2) VN VOA pre-approval letter: is it valid for 30 days from when it is issued from website or is it valid 30 days upon arrival in VN? I don't want to order it early only to have it expire before I even get to VN.
3) Cambodia offers e-visa, and while it is also called Visa On Arrival, it is not the same as the VN Visa On Arrival. That's confusing. Cambodia's VOA is an actual visa and costs $28 total through their Kingdom of Cambodia site. Is it worth getting the e-visa? I read it is only accepted at certain crossings...which leads to:
4) Planning on using Mekong Express bus from HCMC to SR ($27). The bus website says they can obtain the visa quickly and easily at the border crossing. Does e-visa work at the crossing the bus takes, or best to let the bus company take car of it (or is this a possible scam opportunity?)?
If you have experience with any of these issues and wouldn't mind dropping knowledge on me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Cheers.
VN and Cambodia Qs - Conflicting Info
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 2 Stop-over in Seoul
- 3 Need help planning a trip to Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam
- 4 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 5 Taken to the police station for not carrying documents... please, help!
- 6 Sri Lanka itinerary-please critic
- 7 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 8 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 9 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 10 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 11 meeting at beijing airport
- 12 One week in Tokyo
- 13 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 14 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 15 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 16 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 17 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 18 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 19 Hotel in Singapore
- 20 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 21 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 22 Bali - January 2015
- 23 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 24 Visa Cambodia
- 25 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions