After several hours of searching and finding conflicting info, I figure I could post several rapid fire questions that educated travelers could easily answer. Will be flying in/out of HCMC with bus trip to Siem Reap in middle. Here goes:
1) Vietnam Visa On Arrival seems like best/cheapest bet as will be landing around midnight and hopefully won't be too much of a wait. Total cost per person should be ~$15 (pre-approval letter) + $65 stamping fee (1 month, multiple entry). True?
2) VN VOA pre-approval letter: is it valid for 30 days from when it is issued from website or is it valid 30 days upon arrival in VN? I don't want to order it early only to have it expire before I even get to VN.
3) Cambodia offers e-visa, and while it is also called Visa On Arrival, it is not the same as the VN Visa On Arrival. That's confusing. Cambodia's VOA is an actual visa and costs $28 total through their Kingdom of Cambodia site. Is it worth getting the e-visa? I read it is only accepted at certain crossings...which leads to:
4) Planning on using Mekong Express bus from HCMC to SR ($27). The bus website says they can obtain the visa quickly and easily at the border crossing. Does e-visa work at the crossing the bus takes, or best to let the bus company take car of it (or is this a possible scam opportunity?)?
If you have experience with any of these issues and wouldn't mind dropping knowledge on me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 2 http://utrimcleanseblog.com/x-alpha/
- 3 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 4 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 5 Travel Itenary
- 6 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 7 Taiwan itinerary help, only 3 nights/2 days.
- 8 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 9 Thailand - Help with Itinerary 15 Days to incl. North & South
- 10 japan itenirary help
- 11 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 12 Is this crazy?
- 13 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 14 thai baht allowance
- 15 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 16 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 17 2 gals and 2 weeks in Bali
- 18 JR Pass or Pay as you Go
- 19 In Seoul for one day
- 20 Japan & WiFi
- 21 Bali airport transportation
- 22 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 23 Halong Bay cruise
- 24 Vietnam - 15 day Visa Waiver extended until 30 June 2017
- 25 Struggling with SE Asia Itinerary for November