After several hours of searching and finding conflicting info, I figure I could post several rapid fire questions that educated travelers could easily answer. Will be flying in/out of HCMC with bus trip to Siem Reap in middle. Here goes:
1) Vietnam Visa On Arrival seems like best/cheapest bet as will be landing around midnight and hopefully won't be too much of a wait. Total cost per person should be ~$15 (pre-approval letter) + $65 stamping fee (1 month, multiple entry). True?
2) VN VOA pre-approval letter: is it valid for 30 days from when it is issued from website or is it valid 30 days upon arrival in VN? I don't want to order it early only to have it expire before I even get to VN.
3) Cambodia offers e-visa, and while it is also called Visa On Arrival, it is not the same as the VN Visa On Arrival. That's confusing. Cambodia's VOA is an actual visa and costs $28 total through their Kingdom of Cambodia site. Is it worth getting the e-visa? I read it is only accepted at certain crossings...which leads to:
4) Planning on using Mekong Express bus from HCMC to SR ($27). The bus website says they can obtain the visa quickly and easily at the border crossing. Does e-visa work at the crossing the bus takes, or best to let the bus company take car of it (or is this a possible scam opportunity?)?
If you have experience with any of these issues and wouldn't mind dropping knowledge on me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Cheers.
VN and Cambodia Qs - Conflicting Info
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How is FREEWHEELING?
- 2 driver&business assitant&guide in Shanghai
- 3 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 4 Help ! How bad is the rain in Bangkok early/mid September? Thanks
- 5 DENTAL IMPLANT
- 6 April in Bangkok, again!
- 7 3 1/2 week trip to Japan advise please!
- 8 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 9 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 10 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 11 Japan night bus
- 12 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 13 Living in Singapore Questions
- 14 Thailand - Koh Samui vs Koh Tao
- 15 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 16 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 17 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 18 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 19 Problems at 12,000'
- 20 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 21 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 22 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 23 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 24 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 25 Which Putu in Bali????