After several hours of searching and finding conflicting info, I figure I could post several rapid fire questions that educated travelers could easily answer. Will be flying in/out of HCMC with bus trip to Siem Reap in middle. Here goes:
1) Vietnam Visa On Arrival seems like best/cheapest bet as will be landing around midnight and hopefully won't be too much of a wait. Total cost per person should be ~$15 (pre-approval letter) + $65 stamping fee (1 month, multiple entry). True?
2) VN VOA pre-approval letter: is it valid for 30 days from when it is issued from website or is it valid 30 days upon arrival in VN? I don't want to order it early only to have it expire before I even get to VN.
3) Cambodia offers e-visa, and while it is also called Visa On Arrival, it is not the same as the VN Visa On Arrival. That's confusing. Cambodia's VOA is an actual visa and costs $28 total through their Kingdom of Cambodia site. Is it worth getting the e-visa? I read it is only accepted at certain crossings...which leads to:
4) Planning on using Mekong Express bus from HCMC to SR ($27). The bus website says they can obtain the visa quickly and easily at the border crossing. Does e-visa work at the crossing the bus takes, or best to let the bus company take car of it (or is this a possible scam opportunity?)?
If you have experience with any of these issues and wouldn't mind dropping knowledge on me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Singapore or Bali
- 2 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 3 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 4 Hotel in Tokyo
- 5 Borobudur and Yogyakarta - How long?
- 6 Kuala Lumpur & Penang
- 7 traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help
- 8 Business class on JAL
- 9 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 10 Mumbai and tiger trek
- 11 First Time in Thailand Trip Report - Bangkok & Surin Beach, Phuket
- 12 Trekking in Tsum Valley Nepal with Great Vision Treks&Expedition
- 13 Need some planning information for Sri lanka trip
- 14 Sri Lanka itinerary questions and beach resort whale watching
- 15 Kunming, Yunnan, China
- 16 What beach to choose?!?!
- 17 Good Honeymoon Location in August 2015 on a budget
- 18 Private guides & drivers in China
- 19 Dogster: The Great Stumble Forward - India
- 20 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 21 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 22 Transit between International flight and domestic at Narita airport
- 23 Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia in June
- 24 Traffic in Hanoi
- 25 Beaches a few hours from Bangkok