After several hours of searching and finding conflicting info, I figure I could post several rapid fire questions that educated travelers could easily answer. Will be flying in/out of HCMC with bus trip to Siem Reap in middle. Here goes:
1) Vietnam Visa On Arrival seems like best/cheapest bet as will be landing around midnight and hopefully won't be too much of a wait. Total cost per person should be ~$15 (pre-approval letter) + $65 stamping fee (1 month, multiple entry). True?
2) VN VOA pre-approval letter: is it valid for 30 days from when it is issued from website or is it valid 30 days upon arrival in VN? I don't want to order it early only to have it expire before I even get to VN.
3) Cambodia offers e-visa, and while it is also called Visa On Arrival, it is not the same as the VN Visa On Arrival. That's confusing. Cambodia's VOA is an actual visa and costs $28 total through their Kingdom of Cambodia site. Is it worth getting the e-visa? I read it is only accepted at certain crossings...which leads to:
4) Planning on using Mekong Express bus from HCMC to SR ($27). The bus website says they can obtain the visa quickly and easily at the border crossing. Does e-visa work at the crossing the bus takes, or best to let the bus company take car of it (or is this a possible scam opportunity?)?
If you have experience with any of these issues and wouldn't mind dropping knowledge on me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Cheers.
VN and Cambodia Qs - Conflicting Info
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Financial Blog Corliss Online Group: Two Systems, One Country
- 2 1st time Japan - solo female
- 3 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 4 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 5 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 6 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 7 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 8 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 9 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 10 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 11 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 12 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 13 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 14 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 15 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 16 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 17 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 18 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 19 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 20 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 21 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 22 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 23 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 24 Japan Itinerary for May
- 25 Thai island escape