After several hours of searching and finding conflicting info, I figure I could post several rapid fire questions that educated travelers could easily answer. Will be flying in/out of HCMC with bus trip to Siem Reap in middle. Here goes:
1) Vietnam Visa On Arrival seems like best/cheapest bet as will be landing around midnight and hopefully won't be too much of a wait. Total cost per person should be ~$15 (pre-approval letter) + $65 stamping fee (1 month, multiple entry). True?
2) VN VOA pre-approval letter: is it valid for 30 days from when it is issued from website or is it valid 30 days upon arrival in VN? I don't want to order it early only to have it expire before I even get to VN.
3) Cambodia offers e-visa, and while it is also called Visa On Arrival, it is not the same as the VN Visa On Arrival. That's confusing. Cambodia's VOA is an actual visa and costs $28 total through their Kingdom of Cambodia site. Is it worth getting the e-visa? I read it is only accepted at certain crossings...which leads to:
4) Planning on using Mekong Express bus from HCMC to SR ($27). The bus website says they can obtain the visa quickly and easily at the border crossing. Does e-visa work at the crossing the bus takes, or best to let the bus company take car of it (or is this a possible scam opportunity?)?
If you have experience with any of these issues and wouldn't mind dropping knowledge on me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Cheers.
VN and Cambodia Qs - Conflicting Info
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo Sumo and Baseball
- 2 help with planning a trip to Vietnam
- 3 Guardian news story about security and safety in Maldives
- 4 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 5 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 6 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 7 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 8 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 9 2-3 days in Georgia
- 10 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 11 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 12 Need advice on where to stay in Kyoto - Machiya vs Hotel?
- 13 Malaysia travel route help!
- 14 Seeking itinerary advice - 14 days in Japan in November
- 15 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 16 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 17 Travel Insurance
- 18 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?
- 19 July 2008 in India: a slightly odd trip report
- 20 Tokyo: Belated Trip Report
- 21 best dining in Kyoto
- 22 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 23 6.5 days in Java and Bali
- 24 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 25 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015