After several hours of searching and finding conflicting info, I figure I could post several rapid fire questions that educated travelers could easily answer. Will be flying in/out of HCMC with bus trip to Siem Reap in middle. Here goes:
1) Vietnam Visa On Arrival seems like best/cheapest bet as will be landing around midnight and hopefully won't be too much of a wait. Total cost per person should be ~$15 (pre-approval letter) + $65 stamping fee (1 month, multiple entry). True?
2) VN VOA pre-approval letter: is it valid for 30 days from when it is issued from website or is it valid 30 days upon arrival in VN? I don't want to order it early only to have it expire before I even get to VN.
3) Cambodia offers e-visa, and while it is also called Visa On Arrival, it is not the same as the VN Visa On Arrival. That's confusing. Cambodia's VOA is an actual visa and costs $28 total through their Kingdom of Cambodia site. Is it worth getting the e-visa? I read it is only accepted at certain crossings...which leads to:
4) Planning on using Mekong Express bus from HCMC to SR ($27). The bus website says they can obtain the visa quickly and easily at the border crossing. Does e-visa work at the crossing the bus takes, or best to let the bus company take car of it (or is this a possible scam opportunity?)?
If you have experience with any of these issues and wouldn't mind dropping knowledge on me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hakone accommodation options
- 2 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 3 night life in sri lanka
- 4 Best thing to do in colombo
- 5 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 6 What to do with 2 weeks on honeymoon in Paradise Bali
- 7 2-3 nights in Ubud, where to stay?
- 8 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 9 Off the beaten track in Japan (Recommendation, please)
- 10 Visa
- 11 Comments please on 6 week South India Itinerary
- 12 Restaurants
- 13 hanoi eats
- 14 My First Passage to India
- 15 Northern Vietnam Itinerary
- 16 Castle & King tour operator review
- 17 Indiana to India Via Texas
- 18 International Schools in Palolem / South Goa
- 19 Vietnam Visa Exemption
- 20 Sri Lanka plan
- 21 Thinking about a trip to China....
- 22 Burma and Vietnam, when to go.
- 23 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 24 Eight Days in Central Java
- 25 Hotel for two night stop over in Singapore