After several hours of searching and finding conflicting info, I figure I could post several rapid fire questions that educated travelers could easily answer. Will be flying in/out of HCMC with bus trip to Siem Reap in middle. Here goes:
1) Vietnam Visa On Arrival seems like best/cheapest bet as will be landing around midnight and hopefully won't be too much of a wait. Total cost per person should be ~$15 (pre-approval letter) + $65 stamping fee (1 month, multiple entry). True?
2) VN VOA pre-approval letter: is it valid for 30 days from when it is issued from website or is it valid 30 days upon arrival in VN? I don't want to order it early only to have it expire before I even get to VN.
3) Cambodia offers e-visa, and while it is also called Visa On Arrival, it is not the same as the VN Visa On Arrival. That's confusing. Cambodia's VOA is an actual visa and costs $28 total through their Kingdom of Cambodia site. Is it worth getting the e-visa? I read it is only accepted at certain crossings...which leads to:
4) Planning on using Mekong Express bus from HCMC to SR ($27). The bus website says they can obtain the visa quickly and easily at the border crossing. Does e-visa work at the crossing the bus takes, or best to let the bus company take car of it (or is this a possible scam opportunity?)?
If you have experience with any of these issues and wouldn't mind dropping knowledge on me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 2 Hotel in Hanoi
- 3 Udon Thani, Thailand - Rustic Pathways high school summer program
- 4 Where best to stay in Penang
- 5 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 6 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 7 Bullet train - which JR stations in Tokyo to go to Kyoto
- 8 Beaches closest to Rajasthan
- 9 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 10 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 11 Places to see in Kuala Lumpur
- 12 honeymoon in Thailand-help
- 13 Travel from Tokyo to Kanazawa
- 14 Mumbai Airport Help. Is 2 hours enough time for domestic transfer?
- 15 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 16 Sien Reap Guide/Accomodation
- 17 KOYA-SAN: Hotel, please
- 18 Private guide and driver for India
- 19 NYT: Local cuisine in Siem Reap
- 20 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 21 2 weeks in Asia with a 2 year old (in February)
- 22 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 23 vietnam transportation
- 24 Private transfer from Singapore Airport
- 25 Qatar airlines to mumbai