My husband and I are planning a trip to Sri Lanka in August for about 3 weeks, so I have some questions for anyone who can answer them
1) Itinerary suggestions - So far we only know we want to visit Nuwara Eliya and Kandy, but we dont' know what we want to do there. Things we enjoy include, short hikes for amazing views, historical sites, caves, nature/animals (so long as the animals are not being mistreated or used for 'entertainment'), nice beaches. We would prefer to avoid shopping and tourist traps and would rather experience authentic food and culture.
2) Driver - Are we better off hiring one driver for the entire trip, or 'releasing' him for part of it?
- Is it a worthwhile experience to take the train between places, rather than a driver?
- If we have a driver, do we need to stay in hotels and specific places with driver accommodation, or can we book accommodation through other sites like AirBnB that don't include accommodation for the driver?
3) Part of our reason to travel there is to find my biological parents - I was adopted directly, rather than through an orphanage, and only have a photo and a name. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could go to make enquiries to try to find them and see if they wanted to meet me, in the safest and most diplomatic way possible? Also is it possible to hire a translator if I needed one for such a situation?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 토토총판 모집 kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017
- 2 Cab Service In Jaipur
- 3 Laos planning.
- 4 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 5 Bye bye SE Asia
- 6 Japan - costs
- 7 Japan for Foodies
- 8 Lava Tour Merapi Yogyakarta Report
- 9 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 10 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 11 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 12 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 13 Japan Rail Pass
- 14 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 15 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 16 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 17 Sri Lanka May
- 18 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 19 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 20 Japan rough itinerary
- 21 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 22 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 23 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 24 One night in Osaka
- 25 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017