I will be traveling to Hong Kong (my 6th time), Singapore and Malaysia (both 1sts) in March. I've been an on and off poster/reader of this forum for the last several years. I would like to know if any of you could offer at least 3 places each that are "Must Sees" in Singapore and Malaysia. I will be in Singapore and Malaysia 4 days a piece, so I won't to make the most of my time there.
Also, can any of you tell me the best food courts that each country has. I'm a big food court nut and would like to visit a local mall or food place in general that offers a wide variety of food to eat. I think I saw one that was profiled on No Reservations or Bizarre Foods on Travel Channel, but I don't remember the name.
I'm also a big night market nut, and would like to know the best night markets to visit in both places.
Finally I will be staying at the YWCA Fort Canning Lodge in Singapore. How is the area where this hotel is located? Is it convenient and is it near an MTR so that I can move around town?
In Kuala Lumpur, I'm staying at the Grand Millenium Kuala Lumpur. How is that also in terms of a convenient area and night life?
Thank You very much for reading and I look forward to hearing some of your comments/input. I haven't traveled internationally since 2007, so I am beyond stoked to be heading to Asia once again.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visa on Arrival
- 2 Cooking Classes & Private Tours- Bangkok
- 3 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 4 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 5 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 6 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 7 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 8 Cambodia to Vietnam via Phu Quoc - visa question, please help
- 9 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 10 Japanese art
- 11 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 12 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 13 Seoul Searching Questions
- 14 Which website to check train availability & cost
- 15 First time to SEA
- 16 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 17 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 18 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 19 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok
- 20 Hakone station confusion
- 21 Malaysia or Philipines May or end of June
- 22 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 23 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 24 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 25 Backstreet Academy
Visiting Singapore and Malaysia for 1st time in March. Could use some tips