I will be traveling to Hong Kong (my 6th time), Singapore and Malaysia (both 1sts) in March. I've been an on and off poster/reader of this forum for the last several years. I would like to know if any of you could offer at least 3 places each that are "Must Sees" in Singapore and Malaysia. I will be in Singapore and Malaysia 4 days a piece, so I won't to make the most of my time there.
Also, can any of you tell me the best food courts that each country has. I'm a big food court nut and would like to visit a local mall or food place in general that offers a wide variety of food to eat. I think I saw one that was profiled on No Reservations or Bizarre Foods on Travel Channel, but I don't remember the name.
I'm also a big night market nut, and would like to know the best night markets to visit in both places.
Finally I will be staying at the YWCA Fort Canning Lodge in Singapore. How is the area where this hotel is located? Is it convenient and is it near an MTR so that I can move around town?
In Kuala Lumpur, I'm staying at the Grand Millenium Kuala Lumpur. How is that also in terms of a convenient area and night life?
Thank You very much for reading and I look forward to hearing some of your comments/input. I haven't traveled internationally since 2007, so I am beyond stoked to be heading to Asia once again.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 2 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 3 Taxi Service In Dehradun
- 4 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 5 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 6 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 7 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 8 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 9 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 10 November, March, June... Japan?
- 11 Itinerary Help Japan
- 12 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 13 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 14 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 15 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 16 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 17 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 18 Silk Road Tour - China
- 19 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 20 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 21 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 22 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 23 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 24 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 25 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
Visiting Singapore and Malaysia for 1st time in March. Could use some tips