I will be traveling to Hong Kong (my 6th time), Singapore and Malaysia (both 1sts) in March. I've been an on and off poster/reader of this forum for the last several years. I would like to know if any of you could offer at least 3 places each that are "Must Sees" in Singapore and Malaysia. I will be in Singapore and Malaysia 4 days a piece, so I won't to make the most of my time there.
Also, can any of you tell me the best food courts that each country has. I'm a big food court nut and would like to visit a local mall or food place in general that offers a wide variety of food to eat. I think I saw one that was profiled on No Reservations or Bizarre Foods on Travel Channel, but I don't remember the name.
I'm also a big night market nut, and would like to know the best night markets to visit in both places.
Finally I will be staying at the YWCA Fort Canning Lodge in Singapore. How is the area where this hotel is located? Is it convenient and is it near an MTR so that I can move around town?
In Kuala Lumpur, I'm staying at the Grand Millenium Kuala Lumpur. How is that also in terms of a convenient area and night life?
Thank You very much for reading and I look forward to hearing some of your comments/input. I haven't traveled internationally since 2007, so I am beyond stoked to be heading to Asia once again.
Visiting Singapore and Malaysia for 1st time in March. Could use some tips
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 2 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 3 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 4 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 5 Kathie’s & Cheryl’s Impressions of Japan
- 6 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 7 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 8 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 9 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 10 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 11 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 12 First time to srilanka
- 13 where can i find replica handbags
- 14 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 15 1week in Hyderabad in mid-April need itinerary help
- 16 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 17 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 18 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 19 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 20 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 21 Nepal
- 22 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 23 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 24 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 25 4-5 days in SE Asia