I will be traveling to Hong Kong (my 6th time), Singapore and Malaysia (both 1sts) in March. I've been an on and off poster/reader of this forum for the last several years. I would like to know if any of you could offer at least 3 places each that are "Must Sees" in Singapore and Malaysia. I will be in Singapore and Malaysia 4 days a piece, so I won't to make the most of my time there.
Also, can any of you tell me the best food courts that each country has. I'm a big food court nut and would like to visit a local mall or food place in general that offers a wide variety of food to eat. I think I saw one that was profiled on No Reservations or Bizarre Foods on Travel Channel, but I don't remember the name.
I'm also a big night market nut, and would like to know the best night markets to visit in both places.
Finally I will be staying at the YWCA Fort Canning Lodge in Singapore. How is the area where this hotel is located? Is it convenient and is it near an MTR so that I can move around town?
In Kuala Lumpur, I'm staying at the Grand Millenium Kuala Lumpur. How is that also in terms of a convenient area and night life?
Thank You very much for reading and I look forward to hearing some of your comments/input. I haven't traveled internationally since 2007, so I am beyond stoked to be heading to Asia once again.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 ATMs in Japan
- 2 "necessities" for India
- 3 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 4 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 5 Changing planes at Dubai
- 6 50th Anniversary trip
- 7 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 8 Short trip to Myanmar
- 9 Four Best Sakura Sightseeing Places in Tokyo
- 10 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 11 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 12 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 13 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 14 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 15 Mandalay questions
- 16 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 17 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 18 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 19 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 20 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 21 Help - India take 2
- 22 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 23 CNX late arrival?
- 24 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 25 best singapore hotel
Visiting Singapore and Malaysia for 1st time in March. Could use some tips