I will be traveling to Hong Kong (my 6th time), Singapore and Malaysia (both 1sts) in March. I've been an on and off poster/reader of this forum for the last several years. I would like to know if any of you could offer at least 3 places each that are "Must Sees" in Singapore and Malaysia. I will be in Singapore and Malaysia 4 days a piece, so I won't to make the most of my time there.
Also, can any of you tell me the best food courts that each country has. I'm a big food court nut and would like to visit a local mall or food place in general that offers a wide variety of food to eat. I think I saw one that was profiled on No Reservations or Bizarre Foods on Travel Channel, but I don't remember the name.
I'm also a big night market nut, and would like to know the best night markets to visit in both places.
Finally I will be staying at the YWCA Fort Canning Lodge in Singapore. How is the area where this hotel is located? Is it convenient and is it near an MTR so that I can move around town?
In Kuala Lumpur, I'm staying at the Grand Millenium Kuala Lumpur. How is that also in terms of a convenient area and night life?
Thank You very much for reading and I look forward to hearing some of your comments/input. I haven't traveled internationally since 2007, so I am beyond stoked to be heading to Asia once again.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 2 Tips in Myanmar
- 3 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 4 myanmar
- 5 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 6 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 7 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 8 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 9 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 10 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 11 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 12 Being customs
- 13 Road Scholar tour in China
- 14 A beach of choice on Samui
- 15 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 16 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 17 Travel India solo
- 18 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 19 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 20 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 21 Busan Central Bus Terminal
- 22 2 months in Taiwan - relaxing & hassle-free breaks in/out of the country?
- 23 Osaka, aquarium?
- 24 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 25 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
Visiting Singapore and Malaysia for 1st time in March. Could use some tips