I will be traveling to Hong Kong (my 6th time), Singapore and Malaysia (both 1sts) in March. I've been an on and off poster/reader of this forum for the last several years. I would like to know if any of you could offer at least 3 places each that are "Must Sees" in Singapore and Malaysia. I will be in Singapore and Malaysia 4 days a piece, so I won't to make the most of my time there.
Also, can any of you tell me the best food courts that each country has. I'm a big food court nut and would like to visit a local mall or food place in general that offers a wide variety of food to eat. I think I saw one that was profiled on No Reservations or Bizarre Foods on Travel Channel, but I don't remember the name.
I'm also a big night market nut, and would like to know the best night markets to visit in both places.
Finally I will be staying at the YWCA Fort Canning Lodge in Singapore. How is the area where this hotel is located? Is it convenient and is it near an MTR so that I can move around town?
In Kuala Lumpur, I'm staying at the Grand Millenium Kuala Lumpur. How is that also in terms of a convenient area and night life?
Thank You very much for reading and I look forward to hearing some of your comments/input. I haven't traveled internationally since 2007, so I am beyond stoked to be heading to Asia once again.
Visiting Singapore and Malaysia for 1st time in March. Could use some tips
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Missing Air Asia flight
- 2 Hanoi driver wanted
- 3 5 nights in Japan.
- 4 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 5 Delhi this winter, in pictures!
- 6 vietnam and laos
- 7 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 8 2nd location on the beach
- 9 Buying loose sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 10 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 11 Your favorites in south India & places you'd probably not recommend
- 12 Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO
- 13 Safe to buy Sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 14 Thailand - Food recos
- 15 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 16 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 17 Laos for the backpacker
- 18 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 19 Single parent traveling to Thailand with a 4-yo son
- 20 Amazing Samurai Armor Exhibition
- 21 Thailand Hotel
- 22 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 23 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 24 Honeymoon in Thailand
- 25 One Week in Asia, First Time Trip to Asia