I will be traveling to Hong Kong (my 6th time), Singapore and Malaysia (both 1sts) in March. I've been an on and off poster/reader of this forum for the last several years. I would like to know if any of you could offer at least 3 places each that are "Must Sees" in Singapore and Malaysia. I will be in Singapore and Malaysia 4 days a piece, so I won't to make the most of my time there.
Also, can any of you tell me the best food courts that each country has. I'm a big food court nut and would like to visit a local mall or food place in general that offers a wide variety of food to eat. I think I saw one that was profiled on No Reservations or Bizarre Foods on Travel Channel, but I don't remember the name.
I'm also a big night market nut, and would like to know the best night markets to visit in both places.
Finally I will be staying at the YWCA Fort Canning Lodge in Singapore. How is the area where this hotel is located? Is it convenient and is it near an MTR so that I can move around town?
In Kuala Lumpur, I'm staying at the Grand Millenium Kuala Lumpur. How is that also in terms of a convenient area and night life?
Thank You very much for reading and I look forward to hearing some of your comments/input. I haven't traveled internationally since 2007, so I am beyond stoked to be heading to Asia once again.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 2 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 3 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 4 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 6 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 7 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 8 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 9 An island paradise?
- 10 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 11 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 12 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 13 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 14 Budget accommodation in Krabi and Phi Phi island??
- 15 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 16 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 17 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 18 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 19 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 20 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 21 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 22 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 23 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 24 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 25 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
Visiting Singapore and Malaysia for 1st time in March. Could use some tips