I will be traveling to Hong Kong (my 6th time), Singapore and Malaysia (both 1sts) in March. I've been an on and off poster/reader of this forum for the last several years. I would like to know if any of you could offer at least 3 places each that are "Must Sees" in Singapore and Malaysia. I will be in Singapore and Malaysia 4 days a piece, so I won't to make the most of my time there.
Also, can any of you tell me the best food courts that each country has. I'm a big food court nut and would like to visit a local mall or food place in general that offers a wide variety of food to eat. I think I saw one that was profiled on No Reservations or Bizarre Foods on Travel Channel, but I don't remember the name.
I'm also a big night market nut, and would like to know the best night markets to visit in both places.
Finally I will be staying at the YWCA Fort Canning Lodge in Singapore. How is the area where this hotel is located? Is it convenient and is it near an MTR so that I can move around town?
In Kuala Lumpur, I'm staying at the Grand Millenium Kuala Lumpur. How is that also in terms of a convenient area and night life?
Thank You very much for reading and I look forward to hearing some of your comments/input. I haven't traveled internationally since 2007, so I am beyond stoked to be heading to Asia once again.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 2 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 3 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 4 Hotel with easy access to Itami airport
- 5 My new 10 year china visa
- 6 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 7 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 8 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 9 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 10 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 11 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 12 Update on riding elephants
- 13 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 14 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
- 15 Medical Trip Insurance: To Buy Or Not To Buy
- 16 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 17 Thailand 1st time - June travel
- 18 Thai Airways International Layover: Baggage Recheck?
- 19 What's the best city to travel in Southeast Asia in a short period of time?
- 20 Best Place To Visit in Delhi
- 21 Fur Women's Trip to India
- 22 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 23 Rajasthan by car in 14 days?
- 24 Advice on 6 day itinerary
- 25 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
Visiting Singapore and Malaysia for 1st time in March. Could use some tips