I'm wondering how easy / difficult would be to visit a few monasteries in Nepal, maybe for a few hours or stay a few days in each, travelling on our own, without travel agency.
We are not really dedicated to that kind of travel, but especially for Nepal, would like to experience this particular side, hoping also, we could comminicate in English!? Else could be not so rewarding...
We plan to also visit the areas around Katmandu, Lukla or Annapurna for general sightseeing -trekking, maybe they are fine for monasteries visit?
Any recomendations about area, transportation, maybe permits, costs or anything else from your expertise, would be of great great help!
many thanks to all!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 2 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 3 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 4 November, March, June... Japan?
- 5 Itinerary Help Japan
- 6 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 7 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 8 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 9 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 10 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 11 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 12 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 13 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 14 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 15 Silk Road Tour - China
- 16 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 17 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 20 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 21 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 22 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 23 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 24 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 25 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set