I'm wondering how easy / difficult would be to visit a few monasteries in Nepal, maybe for a few hours or stay a few days in each, travelling on our own, without travel agency.
We are not really dedicated to that kind of travel, but especially for Nepal, would like to experience this particular side, hoping also, we could comminicate in English!? Else could be not so rewarding...
We plan to also visit the areas around Katmandu, Lukla or Annapurna for general sightseeing -trekking, maybe they are fine for monasteries visit?
Any recomendations about area, transportation, maybe permits, costs or anything else from your expertise, would be of great great help!
many thanks to all!
Visiting Nepal monasteries independently?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 2 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 3 1week in Hyderabad in mid-April need itinerary help
- 4 which is your nest city ?
- 5 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 6 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 7 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 8 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 9 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 10 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 11 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 12 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 13 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 14 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 15 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 16 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 17 Nepal
- 18 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 19 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 20 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 21 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 22 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 23 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 24 1st time Japan - solo female
- 25 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013