I'm wondering how easy / difficult would be to visit a few monasteries in Nepal, maybe for a few hours or stay a few days in each, travelling on our own, without travel agency.
We are not really dedicated to that kind of travel, but especially for Nepal, would like to experience this particular side, hoping also, we could comminicate in English!? Else could be not so rewarding...
We plan to also visit the areas around Katmandu, Lukla or Annapurna for general sightseeing -trekking, maybe they are fine for monasteries visit?
Any recomendations about area, transportation, maybe permits, costs or anything else from your expertise, would be of great great help!
many thanks to all!
Visiting Nepal monasteries independently?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 2 India - 2 Days only
- 3 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 4 Red River Delta in Viet Nam: A Good Idea for a Day Trip from Hanoi?
- 5 Malaysian honeymoon
- 6 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 7 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 8 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 9 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 10 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 11 Travel during China national week?
- 12 My trip report from the Philippines
- 13 China with Collette Tours
- 14 Exploring Thailand
- 15 Air Asia package from Koh Lipe to Bangkok
- 16 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 17 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 18 Traveling solo to Thailand and looking for recommended tour company
- 19 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 20 Buying cycling clothes in Bangkok
- 21 Ho Chi Minh Mekong delta, pnom penh
- 22 Back from Kyoto, Koyasan, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Kyushu. Questions welcome!
- 23 K.L. Ideas on Hotel so on.
- 24 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 25 How would you organize this itinerary?