I'm wondering how easy / difficult would be to visit a few monasteries in Nepal, maybe for a few hours or stay a few days in each, travelling on our own, without travel agency.
We are not really dedicated to that kind of travel, but especially for Nepal, would like to experience this particular side, hoping also, we could comminicate in English!? Else could be not so rewarding...
We plan to also visit the areas around Katmandu, Lukla or Annapurna for general sightseeing -trekking, maybe they are fine for monasteries visit?
Any recomendations about area, transportation, maybe permits, costs or anything else from your expertise, would be of great great help!
many thanks to all!
Visiting Nepal monasteries independently?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 10 Day trip to Thailand - end of March
- 2 Drivers for Laos & Java
- 3 Exploring Thailand
- 4 Looking for affordable yet nice hotel in Beijing, centrally located
- 5 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 6 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 7 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 8 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 9 Japan in December
- 10 Destination Bangkok, again
- 11 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 12 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 13 Phuket
- 14 More time in Hoi An or Nha Trang? Not beach enthusiasts
- 15 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 16 Looking for advice on short Burma itinerary
- 17 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 18 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 19 Phones in Asia
- 20 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 21 marmot and Others - Looking for Bali Furniture Advice
- 22 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 23 India Add-on
- 24 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 25 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?