I'm wondering how easy / difficult would be to visit a few monasteries in Nepal, maybe for a few hours or stay a few days in each, travelling on our own, without travel agency.
We are not really dedicated to that kind of travel, but especially for Nepal, would like to experience this particular side, hoping also, we could comminicate in English!? Else could be not so rewarding...
We plan to also visit the areas around Katmandu, Lukla or Annapurna for general sightseeing -trekking, maybe they are fine for monasteries visit?
Any recomendations about area, transportation, maybe permits, costs or anything else from your expertise, would be of great great help!
many thanks to all!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 2 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 3 First time to SEA
- 4 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok
- 5 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 6 Hakone station confusion
- 7 Seoul Searching Questions
- 8 Malaysia or Philipines May or end of June
- 9 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 10 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 11 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 12 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 13 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 14 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 15 Japanese art
- 16 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 17 Backstreet Academy
- 18 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 19 Visa on Arrival
- 20 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 21 Cebu where to stay
- 22 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 23 Borneo/Sabah Itinerary: Danum or Kinabatagan?
- 24 Last questions (train pass!) on 19-day itinerary
- 25 Traveling to SE Asia