I'm wondering how easy / difficult would be to visit a few monasteries in Nepal, maybe for a few hours or stay a few days in each, travelling on our own, without travel agency.
We are not really dedicated to that kind of travel, but especially for Nepal, would like to experience this particular side, hoping also, we could comminicate in English!? Else could be not so rewarding...
We plan to also visit the areas around Katmandu, Lukla or Annapurna for general sightseeing -trekking, maybe they are fine for monasteries visit?
Any recomendations about area, transportation, maybe permits, costs or anything else from your expertise, would be of great great help!
many thanks to all!
Visiting Nepal monasteries independently?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 2 1st time Japan - solo female
- 3 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 4 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 5 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 6 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 7 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 8 Odyssey unlimited
- 9 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 10 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 11 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 12 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 13 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 14 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 15 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 16 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 17 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 18 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 19 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 20 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 21 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 22 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 23 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 24 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 25 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!