I'm wondering how easy / difficult would be to visit a few monasteries in Nepal, maybe for a few hours or stay a few days in each, travelling on our own, without travel agency.
We are not really dedicated to that kind of travel, but especially for Nepal, would like to experience this particular side, hoping also, we could comminicate in English!? Else could be not so rewarding...
We plan to also visit the areas around Katmandu, Lukla or Annapurna for general sightseeing -trekking, maybe they are fine for monasteries visit?
Any recomendations about area, transportation, maybe permits, costs or anything else from your expertise, would be of great great help!
many thanks to all!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Buy Ielts certificates, Buy Passport, Buy Visa, Buy Driving Licence
- 2 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 3 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 4 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 5 Japan Itinerary!
- 6 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 7 Magical India
- 8 India itinerary critique please
- 9 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 10 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 11 Vientiane and ??
- 12 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 13 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 14 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 15 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 16 Himachal Pradesh
- 17 Luggage size China ?
- 18 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 19 Thai Elephants
- 20 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 21 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 22 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 23 Sri Lanka in August
- 24 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 25 Japan/Korea/HK