I'm wondering how easy / difficult would be to visit a few monasteries in Nepal, maybe for a few hours or stay a few days in each, travelling on our own, without travel agency.
We are not really dedicated to that kind of travel, but especially for Nepal, would like to experience this particular side, hoping also, we could comminicate in English!? Else could be not so rewarding...
We plan to also visit the areas around Katmandu, Lukla or Annapurna for general sightseeing -trekking, maybe they are fine for monasteries visit?
Any recomendations about area, transportation, maybe permits, costs or anything else from your expertise, would be of great great help!
many thanks to all!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Planning Bhutan holiday in November 2016
- 2 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 3 Air Travel in India
- 4 Totally unprepared
- 5 Advice for Japan trip in November
- 6 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 7 where to stay in Bali
- 8 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 9 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 10 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 11 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 12 Honeymoon Indonesia 10 days. Where?
- 13 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 14 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 15 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 16 Confused how to organize Burma itinerary.
- 17 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 19 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 20 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 21 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 22 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 23 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 24 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 25 An island paradise?