I'm wondering how easy / difficult would be to visit a few monasteries in Nepal, maybe for a few hours or stay a few days in each, travelling on our own, without travel agency.
We are not really dedicated to that kind of travel, but especially for Nepal, would like to experience this particular side, hoping also, we could comminicate in English!? Else could be not so rewarding...
We plan to also visit the areas around Katmandu, Lukla or Annapurna for general sightseeing -trekking, maybe they are fine for monasteries visit?
Any recomendations about area, transportation, maybe permits, costs or anything else from your expertise, would be of great great help!
many thanks to all!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 2 Indonesia travel agent
- 3 Need Burma Travel Agent
- 4 Yangon & Bagan - Travel Agent or Independently?
- 5 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 6 A beach of choice on Samui
- 7 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 8 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 9 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 10 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 11 Bangkok Taxis
- 12 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 13 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 14 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 15 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 16 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 17 A month in central Asia
- 18 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 19 Something about... Malaysia
- 20 Day trip from Kuala Lumpur
- 21 Two Round Trip Tickets?
- 22 Osaka, aquarium?
- 23 favorite activities in krabi area
- 24 itinerary help for cambodia and laos
- 25 Cambodia arrival visa