I will be in Beijing, Shanghai, Taipei and Hong Kong on a trip with 70 of my classmates. This is a pre-organized trip so most of our sightseeing and hotels are pre-planned/pre-arranged. However, I still have some time left in each city to do a few things on my own:
Beijing: Staying at the Beijing Renaissance Capital hotel.
One evening, after 8 pm the group wants to go clubbing and I'm absolutely not interested in this. After a certain age, clubbing and such is just beyond me. Any interesting things you feel I could do instead? I love photography, FWIW.
- Have almost a full free day (9 am to 4 pm).
- There is one evening at Temple street. I've never been there. But I've heard its touristy. Should I do it just once? Thoughts?
- Shilin night market: One night we're going there from 7-9 pm and then the folks are heading clubbing. Any suggestions on what I can do after?
- Have a dinner at Xin Yeh another night. After that we're free 9 pm onwards. Apparently there is a 24 hour bookstore in that area. Is it worth visiting?
- 2.5 hours in the afternoon at Jiu Fen streets. Any suggestions on vegetarian food there?
- 11:30 am to 4 pm on another day: Completely free.
We will be visiting in the first two weeks of January.
Visiting China, HK and Taipei, have some free time and need suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 2 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 3 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 4 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 5 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 6 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 7 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 8 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 9 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 10 Nepal
- 11 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 12 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 13 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 14 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 15 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 16 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 17 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 18 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 19 1st time Japan - solo female
- 20 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 21 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 22 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 23 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 24 Odyssey unlimited
- 25 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?