I will be in Beijing, Shanghai, Taipei and Hong Kong on a trip with 70 of my classmates. This is a pre-organized trip so most of our sightseeing and hotels are pre-planned/pre-arranged. However, I still have some time left in each city to do a few things on my own:
Beijing: Staying at the Beijing Renaissance Capital hotel.
One evening, after 8 pm the group wants to go clubbing and I'm absolutely not interested in this. After a certain age, clubbing and such is just beyond me. Any interesting things you feel I could do instead? I love photography, FWIW.
- Have almost a full free day (9 am to 4 pm).
- There is one evening at Temple street. I've never been there. But I've heard its touristy. Should I do it just once? Thoughts?
- Shilin night market: One night we're going there from 7-9 pm and then the folks are heading clubbing. Any suggestions on what I can do after?
- Have a dinner at Xin Yeh another night. After that we're free 9 pm onwards. Apparently there is a 24 hour bookstore in that area. Is it worth visiting?
- 2.5 hours in the afternoon at Jiu Fen streets. Any suggestions on vegetarian food there?
- 11:30 am to 4 pm on another day: Completely free.
We will be visiting in the first two weeks of January.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://bodyfitnessupplement.com/zynev/
- 2 Traffic and Police in India
- 3 Serendipity Srilanka
- 4 TOP 1O MUST – TRY VIETNAM DISHES IN HA NOI FOR FOOD LOVING GLOBETROTTERS
- 5 Best Travel agent in India. Any Advise?
- 6 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 7 New Thai Visa
- 8 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 9 6 Things You May Want To Know About Vietnam Visa On Arrival In 2017
- 10 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 11 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 12 New Years in Japan
- 13 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 14 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 15 Sri Lanka in December
- 16 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 17 january 31 in colombo
- 18 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 19 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 20 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 21 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 22 3 weeks in Japan
- 23 A first time for everything in Japan
- 24 India Tour Companies
- 25 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
Visiting China, HK and Taipei, have some free time and need suggestions