I will be in Beijing, Shanghai, Taipei and Hong Kong on a trip with 70 of my classmates. This is a pre-organized trip so most of our sightseeing and hotels are pre-planned/pre-arranged. However, I still have some time left in each city to do a few things on my own:
Beijing: Staying at the Beijing Renaissance Capital hotel.
One evening, after 8 pm the group wants to go clubbing and I'm absolutely not interested in this. After a certain age, clubbing and such is just beyond me. Any interesting things you feel I could do instead? I love photography, FWIW.
- Have almost a full free day (9 am to 4 pm).
- There is one evening at Temple street. I've never been there. But I've heard its touristy. Should I do it just once? Thoughts?
- Shilin night market: One night we're going there from 7-9 pm and then the folks are heading clubbing. Any suggestions on what I can do after?
- Have a dinner at Xin Yeh another night. After that we're free 9 pm onwards. Apparently there is a 24 hour bookstore in that area. Is it worth visiting?
- 2.5 hours in the afternoon at Jiu Fen streets. Any suggestions on vegetarian food there?
- 11:30 am to 4 pm on another day: Completely free.
We will be visiting in the first two weeks of January.
Visiting China, HK and Taipei, have some free time and need suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 2 Phuket travel plans and hotel advise
- 3 Myanmar itinerary help
- 4 6 full days in Yagoon
- 5 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 6 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 7 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 8 Terrible experience with BLS international Houston
- 9 A wow spot
- 10 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 11 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 12 Can I arrive 5 days earlier then stated on VISA application?
- 13 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 14 Reading Suggestion for Burma
- 15 T Money or Seoul City Pass Plus
- 16 Considering a month in Hong Kong - Feb/15. Any apartment suggestions?
- 17 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 18 Thailand Hotel HELP
- 19 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 20 Bangkok GTG early November ?
- 21 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 22 Travel during China national week?
- 23 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 24 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 25 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina