I will be in Beijing, Shanghai, Taipei and Hong Kong on a trip with 70 of my classmates. This is a pre-organized trip so most of our sightseeing and hotels are pre-planned/pre-arranged. However, I still have some time left in each city to do a few things on my own:
Beijing: Staying at the Beijing Renaissance Capital hotel.
One evening, after 8 pm the group wants to go clubbing and I'm absolutely not interested in this. After a certain age, clubbing and such is just beyond me. Any interesting things you feel I could do instead? I love photography, FWIW.
- Have almost a full free day (9 am to 4 pm).
- There is one evening at Temple street. I've never been there. But I've heard its touristy. Should I do it just once? Thoughts?
- Shilin night market: One night we're going there from 7-9 pm and then the folks are heading clubbing. Any suggestions on what I can do after?
- Have a dinner at Xin Yeh another night. After that we're free 9 pm onwards. Apparently there is a 24 hour bookstore in that area. Is it worth visiting?
- 2.5 hours in the afternoon at Jiu Fen streets. Any suggestions on vegetarian food there?
- 11:30 am to 4 pm on another day: Completely free.
We will be visiting in the first two weeks of January.
Visiting China, HK and Taipei, have some free time and need suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam Itinerary- Help!
- 2 Vietnam - September 2015
- 3 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 4 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 5 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 6 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 7 Khao Lak
- 8 Nepal
- 9 Mongolia tour or independently
- 10 Thailand scenic places and must sees
- 11 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 12 Trip Report - 2 perfect days in New Delhi and driver recommendation
- 13 Please comment on Thailand and Cambodia Itinerary
- 14 At the top of Macau Tower!
- 15 Three days in Bangkok
- 16 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 17 Tiger Temple to lose all its tiger population soon
- 18 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 19 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 20 Photos from India!
- 21 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 22 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 23 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 24 Myanmar River Cruises
- 25 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?