I will be in Beijing, Shanghai, Taipei and Hong Kong on a trip with 70 of my classmates. This is a pre-organized trip so most of our sightseeing and hotels are pre-planned/pre-arranged. However, I still have some time left in each city to do a few things on my own:
Beijing: Staying at the Beijing Renaissance Capital hotel.
One evening, after 8 pm the group wants to go clubbing and I'm absolutely not interested in this. After a certain age, clubbing and such is just beyond me. Any interesting things you feel I could do instead? I love photography, FWIW.
- Have almost a full free day (9 am to 4 pm).
- There is one evening at Temple street. I've never been there. But I've heard its touristy. Should I do it just once? Thoughts?
- Shilin night market: One night we're going there from 7-9 pm and then the folks are heading clubbing. Any suggestions on what I can do after?
- Have a dinner at Xin Yeh another night. After that we're free 9 pm onwards. Apparently there is a 24 hour bookstore in that area. Is it worth visiting?
- 2.5 hours in the afternoon at Jiu Fen streets. Any suggestions on vegetarian food there?
- 11:30 am to 4 pm on another day: Completely free.
We will be visiting in the first two weeks of January.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1:888:260:2909 Password Reset CONTACT YAHOO TEC*h 24*7
- 2 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 3 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 4 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 5 India help needed
- 6 Place to stay Hue
- 7 Hotel in Hanoi
- 8 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 9 Go to Pai or not?
- 10 Ko Kraden hotels
- 11 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 12 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 13 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 14 Hoi Ann hotel
- 15 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 16 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 17 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 18 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 19 Trekking outside Sapa
- 20 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 21 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 22 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 23 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 24 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 25 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India
Visiting China, HK and Taipei, have some free time and need suggestions