I will be in Beijing, Shanghai, Taipei and Hong Kong on a trip with 70 of my classmates. This is a pre-organized trip so most of our sightseeing and hotels are pre-planned/pre-arranged. However, I still have some time left in each city to do a few things on my own:
Beijing: Staying at the Beijing Renaissance Capital hotel.
One evening, after 8 pm the group wants to go clubbing and I'm absolutely not interested in this. After a certain age, clubbing and such is just beyond me. Any interesting things you feel I could do instead? I love photography, FWIW.
- Have almost a full free day (9 am to 4 pm).
- There is one evening at Temple street. I've never been there. But I've heard its touristy. Should I do it just once? Thoughts?
- Shilin night market: One night we're going there from 7-9 pm and then the folks are heading clubbing. Any suggestions on what I can do after?
- Have a dinner at Xin Yeh another night. After that we're free 9 pm onwards. Apparently there is a 24 hour bookstore in that area. Is it worth visiting?
- 2.5 hours in the afternoon at Jiu Fen streets. Any suggestions on vegetarian food there?
- 11:30 am to 4 pm on another day: Completely free.
We will be visiting in the first two weeks of January.
Visiting China, HK and Taipei, have some free time and need suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip Report : Incredible India!
- 2 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 3 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 4 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 5 What I like about Mumbai
- 6 vietnam and laos
- 7 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 8 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 9 5 Days in Siem Reap
- 10 Driver Guide wanted March 2015
- 11 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 12 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 13 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 14 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 15 Connaught Place
- 16 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 17 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 18 Nepal- recipe?
- 19 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 20 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 21 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 22 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 23 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 24 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 25 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!