I will be in Beijing, Shanghai, Taipei and Hong Kong on a trip with 70 of my classmates. This is a pre-organized trip so most of our sightseeing and hotels are pre-planned/pre-arranged. However, I still have some time left in each city to do a few things on my own:
Beijing: Staying at the Beijing Renaissance Capital hotel.
One evening, after 8 pm the group wants to go clubbing and I'm absolutely not interested in this. After a certain age, clubbing and such is just beyond me. Any interesting things you feel I could do instead? I love photography, FWIW.
- Have almost a full free day (9 am to 4 pm).
- There is one evening at Temple street. I've never been there. But I've heard its touristy. Should I do it just once? Thoughts?
- Shilin night market: One night we're going there from 7-9 pm and then the folks are heading clubbing. Any suggestions on what I can do after?
- Have a dinner at Xin Yeh another night. After that we're free 9 pm onwards. Apparently there is a 24 hour bookstore in that area. Is it worth visiting?
- 2.5 hours in the afternoon at Jiu Fen streets. Any suggestions on vegetarian food there?
- 11:30 am to 4 pm on another day: Completely free.
We will be visiting in the first two weeks of January.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Rental Car Bali
- 2 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 3 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 4 Kintamani Tour
- 5 Yet again! This time in Dharamsala
- 6 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 7 Some notes about South Korea
- 8 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 9 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 10 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 11 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 12 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 13 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 14 Awesome trip to Yellow Mountains and Hangzhou in China!
- 15 Totally unprepared
- 16 Sulawesi
- 17 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 18 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 19 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 20 passport visa ques.
- 21 Looking for Serviced apt.
- 22 In Seoul for one day
- 23 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 24 A great trip in India
- 25 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
Visiting China, HK and Taipei, have some free time and need suggestions