My husband and I and another couple will be in Beijing at the end of April. This is our first trip to China and we want to visit the Great Wall. We don't want to go on an organized tour. What is the best way for us to do this? Do we need to hire a van and driver? Is a guide necessary? If we do need a guide, can anyone recommend one? How much should we expect to pay for both? Should we arrange this before we get to Beijing or can we do this once we get there? i would appreciate any advice. Karen
visit to the Great Wall
- 1 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 2 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 3 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 4 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 5 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 6 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 7 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 8 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 9 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 10 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 11 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 12 where to go in SE Asia
- 13 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 14 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 15 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 16 Kuala Lumpur - Doubletree (Hilton) or Renaissance (Marriott)?
- 17 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 18 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 19 Siem Reap from San Fran in winter 2013 FIRST TIME to Asia
- 20 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 21 Hilton coming in Zhengzhou, China?
- 22 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 23 Cambodia, Laos and a bit of Hong Kong - 5 1/2 weeks (Jan.24-March 4, 2013)
- 24 Sri Lanka
- 25 Suggestion for Bali