My husband and I and another couple will be in Beijing at the end of April. This is our first trip to China and we want to visit the Great Wall. We don't want to go on an organized tour. What is the best way for us to do this? Do we need to hire a van and driver? Is a guide necessary? If we do need a guide, can anyone recommend one? How much should we expect to pay for both? Should we arrange this before we get to Beijing or can we do this once we get there? i would appreciate any advice. Karen
visit to the Great Wall
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 2 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 3 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 4 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 5 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 6 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 7 Travel Insurance
- 8 Anyone in Bangkok
- 9 South East Asia
- 10 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 11 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 12 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 13 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 14 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 15 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 16 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 17 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 18 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 19 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 20 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 21 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 22 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 23 1 week Philippines
- 24 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 25 Japan: best time to go?