My husband and I and another couple will be in Beijing at the end of April. This is our first trip to China and we want to visit the Great Wall. We don't want to go on an organized tour. What is the best way for us to do this? Do we need to hire a van and driver? Is a guide necessary? If we do need a guide, can anyone recommend one? How much should we expect to pay for both? Should we arrange this before we get to Beijing or can we do this once we get there? i would appreciate any advice. Karen
visit to the Great Wall
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 flight details from Chicago area to BKK
- 2 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 3 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 4 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 5 Travel during China national week?
- 6 Don't use World Expeditions
- 7 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 8 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 9 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 10 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 11 Affordable accommodation in Yangon near Sule Pagoda
- 12 Bangkok - Side trip to Ayutthaya
- 13 3 days in Teheran
- 14 Destination Bangkok, again
- 15 Trip Report and Diary - Tokyo in 7 Days
- 16 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 17 Bangkok - Weekend train excursion to Kanchanaburi and/or Nam Tok
- 18 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?
- 19 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 20 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 21 Favorite travel apps?
- 22 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 23 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 24 Foreign currency
- 25 how to book a train from -DaNang to Hue, Vietnam