I am looking at flights from Tokyo, Japan to Phuket, Thailand. In both Japan and Thailand, with a Canadian passport, I don't have to worry about any visas. I found a great priced flight with a layover in Guangzhou CAN airport for 1h 35m. I was wondering if I need a visa even for a layover in China and even if I don't leave the airport.
I had a friend who couldn't get on a flight because he is Tunisian and didn't have a visa for the US so for a flight from Canada to Europe via NYC, he had to rebook his flight tickets. Since that story, I don't want to take any chances anymore.
Anybody know the rules?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam visa debate
- 2 Please help us with planning a Silk Road tour in China 2017
- 3 Japan Cherry Blossom time 2018
- 4 Transfers and hotel Hong Kong
- 5 Vietnam visa
- 6 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 7 Silk Road Tour - China
- 8 Bye bye SE Asia
- 9 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 12 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 13 India Tour Companies
- 14 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 15 Laos planning.
- 16 Japan rough itinerary
- 17 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 18 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 19 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 20 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 21 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 22 One night in Osaka
- 23 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 24 Japan - costs
- 25 Japan for Foodies
Visa for a Canadian on layover in Guangzhou airport (CAN airport)?