I am looking at flights from Tokyo, Japan to Phuket, Thailand. In both Japan and Thailand, with a Canadian passport, I don't have to worry about any visas. I found a great priced flight with a layover in Guangzhou CAN airport for 1h 35m. I was wondering if I need a visa even for a layover in China and even if I don't leave the airport.
I had a friend who couldn't get on a flight because he is Tunisian and didn't have a visa for the US so for a flight from Canada to Europe via NYC, he had to rebook his flight tickets. Since that story, I don't want to take any chances anymore.
Anybody know the rules?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 the EU floor
- 2 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 3 Sentosa Singapore
- 4 imported flooring market
- 5 India's Palace on Wheels Train Trip
- 6 Best tour operator in Bhutan 2016
- 7 What Does Garden Decking Mean?
- 8 clinton romesha
- 9 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 10 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 11 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 12 Rishikesh, India
- 13 India in March and April??
- 14 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 15 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 16 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 17 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 18 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 19 Tokyo Shopping: Sports Team Tees
- 20 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 21 Japan- National Holiday
- 22 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 23 Passport
- 24 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 25 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
Visa for a Canadian on layover in Guangzhou airport (CAN airport)?