I am looking at flights from Tokyo, Japan to Phuket, Thailand. In both Japan and Thailand, with a Canadian passport, I don't have to worry about any visas. I found a great priced flight with a layover in Guangzhou CAN airport for 1h 35m. I was wondering if I need a visa even for a layover in China and even if I don't leave the airport.
I had a friend who couldn't get on a flight because he is Tunisian and didn't have a visa for the US so for a flight from Canada to Europe via NYC, he had to rebook his flight tickets. Since that story, I don't want to take any chances anymore.
Anybody know the rules?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AVAST@ Installation renewal CONTACT☎18006817208 AVAST@Tec*h Supp0rt 24/7
- 2 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 3 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 4 India help needed
- 5 Place to stay Hue
- 6 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 7 Hotel in Hanoi
- 8 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 9 Go to Pai or not?
- 10 Ko Kraden hotels
- 11 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 12 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 13 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 14 Hoi Ann hotel
- 15 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 16 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 17 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 18 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 19 Trekking outside Sapa
- 20 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 21 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 22 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 23 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 24 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 25 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India
Visa for a Canadian on layover in Guangzhou airport (CAN airport)?