We are 2 couples in our 30s going to Vietnam and Cambodia for the first time. Below is an itinerary that was developed after reading travel forums. Reasons for these choices are to see some main/tourist sites, experience some large cities and enjoy quiet beaches...all while minimizing travel time (hence the flights). We arrive/depart HCMC in Nov/Dec of this year. Any advice on possible problems or missed opportunities would be greatly appreciated. Thoughts from persons experienced with these countries would be excellent as well. Thank you.
Day 1 (Fri) - arrive at night in HCMC
Day 2 (Sat) - explore HCMC
Day 3 (Sun) - bus to Siem Reap
Day 4 (Mon) - explore Siem Reap
Day 5 (Tues) - explore Siem Reap
Day 6 (Weds) - fly to Ha Noi
Day 7 (Thurs) - explore Ha Noi
Day 8 (Fri) - bus to Ha Long Bay, do overnight boat cruise
Day 9 (Sat) - bus back to Ha Noi, explore more
Day 10 (Sun) - fly to Phu Quoc
Day 11 (Mon) - explore Phu Quoc
Day 12 (Tues) - explore Phu Quoc
Day 13 (Weds) - explore Phu Quoc
Day 14 (Thurs) - Ferry/bus to HCMC, explore more
Day 15 (Fri) - fly home
Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary Critique
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 2 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 3 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 4 vietnam and laos
- 5 Driver Guide wanted March 2015
- 6 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 7 Connaught Place
- 8 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 9 Free and best app for searching restaurants in China
- 10 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 11 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 12 Nepal- recipe?
- 13 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 14 5 Days in Siem Reap
- 15 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 16 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 17 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 18 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 19 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 20 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 21 My SEA trip - photos update
- 22 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 23 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 24 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 25 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination