We are 2 couples in our 30s going to Vietnam and Cambodia for the first time. Below is an itinerary that was developed after reading travel forums. Reasons for these choices are to see some main/tourist sites, experience some large cities and enjoy quiet beaches...all while minimizing travel time (hence the flights). We arrive/depart HCMC in Nov/Dec of this year. Any advice on possible problems or missed opportunities would be greatly appreciated. Thoughts from persons experienced with these countries would be excellent as well. Thank you.
Day 1 (Fri) - arrive at night in HCMC
Day 2 (Sat) - explore HCMC
Day 3 (Sun) - bus to Siem Reap
Day 4 (Mon) - explore Siem Reap
Day 5 (Tues) - explore Siem Reap
Day 6 (Weds) - fly to Ha Noi
Day 7 (Thurs) - explore Ha Noi
Day 8 (Fri) - bus to Ha Long Bay, do overnight boat cruise
Day 9 (Sat) - bus back to Ha Noi, explore more
Day 10 (Sun) - fly to Phu Quoc
Day 11 (Mon) - explore Phu Quoc
Day 12 (Tues) - explore Phu Quoc
Day 13 (Weds) - explore Phu Quoc
Day 14 (Thurs) - Ferry/bus to HCMC, explore more
Day 15 (Fri) - fly home
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 2 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 3 5 weeks in Japan
- 4 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 5 Family Trip to Japan
- 6 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 7 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 8 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 9 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 10 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 11 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 12 New Member
- 13 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 14 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 15 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 16 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 17 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 18 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 19 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 21 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 22 Lodge in Borneo
- 23 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 24 China and Japan help
- 25 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014