I have been to Vietnam many times. I love the country and am including it in my around the world trip that I just started. A few of the sites, such as Mui Ne, are first time visits for me while others like Saigon seem like old friends at this point.
I started to blog about my travels last month, largely at the urging of my friends and family who want to follow this trip. I have also back filled the blog with some other trips I had taken in the past half year or so, and plan on back filling in up to two years when time permits.
In the mean time, I will just post this current trip.
I just returned from Mui Ne, and my entry is here.
My Saigon entry starts here
Entries on Sapa and other areas will come as I hit them in the coming week. Entries on Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang, and Danang from my trip last August will come when I have more time.
I have benefited from reading the TRs of others on this site and others, and I hope readers can benefit from mine as well.
As an aside, the single best trip I have taken in the past two decades was Myanmar in 2012. I will definitely post on that when I return from this around the world trip as I believe very strongly that people should go NOW.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 2 Visa on Arrival
- 3 Cooking Classes & Private Tours- Bangkok
- 4 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 5 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 6 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 7 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 8 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 9 Cambodia to Vietnam via Phu Quoc - visa question, please help
- 10 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 11 Japanese art
- 12 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 13 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 14 Seoul Searching Questions
- 15 Which website to check train availability & cost
- 16 First time to SEA
- 17 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 18 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 19 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok
- 20 Hakone station confusion
- 21 Malaysia or Philipines May or end of June
- 22 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 23 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 24 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 25 Backstreet Academy