I have been to Vietnam many times. I love the country and am including it in my around the world trip that I just started. A few of the sites, such as Mui Ne, are first time visits for me while others like Saigon seem like old friends at this point.
I started to blog about my travels last month, largely at the urging of my friends and family who want to follow this trip. I have also back filled the blog with some other trips I had taken in the past half year or so, and plan on back filling in up to two years when time permits.
In the mean time, I will just post this current trip.
I just returned from Mui Ne, and my entry is here.
My Saigon entry starts here
Entries on Sapa and other areas will come as I hit them in the coming week. Entries on Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang, and Danang from my trip last August will come when I have more time.
I have benefited from reading the TRs of others on this site and others, and I hope readers can benefit from mine as well.
As an aside, the single best trip I have taken in the past two decades was Myanmar in 2012. I will definitely post on that when I return from this around the world trip as I believe very strongly that people should go NOW.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Place to stay Hue
- 2 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 3 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 4 Hotel in Hanoi
- 5 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 6 Go to Pai or not?
- 7 Ko Kraden hotels
- 8 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 9 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 10 India help needed
- 11 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 12 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 13 Hoi Ann hotel
- 14 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 15 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 16 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 17 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 18 Trekking outside Sapa
- 19 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 20 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 21 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 22 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 23 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 24 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India
- 25 Thai Island Itinerary