I have been to Vietnam many times. I love the country and am including it in my around the world trip that I just started. A few of the sites, such as Mui Ne, are first time visits for me while others like Saigon seem like old friends at this point.
I started to blog about my travels last month, largely at the urging of my friends and family who want to follow this trip. I have also back filled the blog with some other trips I had taken in the past half year or so, and plan on back filling in up to two years when time permits.
In the mean time, I will just post this current trip.
I just returned from Mui Ne, and my entry is here.
My Saigon entry starts here
Entries on Sapa and other areas will come as I hit them in the coming week. Entries on Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang, and Danang from my trip last August will come when I have more time.
I have benefited from reading the TRs of others on this site and others, and I hope readers can benefit from mine as well.
As an aside, the single best trip I have taken in the past two decades was Myanmar in 2012. I will definitely post on that when I return from this around the world trip as I believe very strongly that people should go NOW.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam in January
- 2 http://www.fitwaypoint.com/luxia-no-7/
- 3 http://brainfireadvice.com/rexburn/
- 4 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 5 Where to Layover
- 6 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 7 http://yoursbetterhealthsolutions.com/chamomile-calm/
- 8 READ MORE== http://www.seremolynbuy.com/testropin-reviews/
- 9 Luxia No 7: Achive Younger Lookking Skin
- 10 Japan tickets purchased a itinerary help needed
- 11 2 weeks in Java
- 12 Tokyo & Kyoto
- 13 Interesting destinations for 6 weeks in Jan., Feb., or March
- 14 The Must-see temples in Bali!!
- 15 9 days in Bali
- 16 4.5 days in Singapore
- 17 Italy from an Asian base
- 18 Blooming chart in Japan
- 19 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 20 Travel to India in May?
- 21 Itinerary review: Alpine Route
- 22 Itinerary Review: What do you think?
- 23 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 24 Saigon: French, War, Now Ho Chi Minh
- 25 Layover in Hong Kong