I have been to Vietnam many times. I love the country and am including it in my around the world trip that I just started. A few of the sites, such as Mui Ne, are first time visits for me while others like Saigon seem like old friends at this point.
I started to blog about my travels last month, largely at the urging of my friends and family who want to follow this trip. I have also back filled the blog with some other trips I had taken in the past half year or so, and plan on back filling in up to two years when time permits.
In the mean time, I will just post this current trip.
I just returned from Mui Ne, and my entry is here.
My Saigon entry starts here
Entries on Sapa and other areas will come as I hit them in the coming week. Entries on Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang, and Danang from my trip last August will come when I have more time.
I have benefited from reading the TRs of others on this site and others, and I hope readers can benefit from mine as well.
As an aside, the single best trip I have taken in the past two decades was Myanmar in 2012. I will definitely post on that when I return from this around the world trip as I believe very strongly that people should go NOW.
Vietnam Trip Report
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 2 Overnight Train from Beijing to Xian
- 3 Suggestions for Itinerary from Beijing to Shanghai?
- 4 Thailand for 2 weeks January 2016
- 5 Amazing aerial footage from Kathmandu to Everest
- 6 Indus Travel - Royal India Tour March 2016
- 7 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 8 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 9 Thailand Itinerary Rough Plan
- 10 Cambodia itinerary advice and luggage storage?
- 11 "Copying" Favorite Clothes
- 12 Tokyo: Belated Trip Report
- 13 Question: Using JR Pass on Narita Express upon arrival
- 14 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 15 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 16 Weather in April
- 17 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
- 18 Can you take luggage on the bullet train, or should the hotel send it on?
- 19 Malaysia travel route help!
- 20 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 21 Nepal - Lucky Escape!
- 22 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 23 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 24 help with planning a trip to Vietnam
- 25 Seeking itinerary advice - 14 days in Japan in November