I have been to Vietnam many times. I love the country and am including it in my around the world trip that I just started. A few of the sites, such as Mui Ne, are first time visits for me while others like Saigon seem like old friends at this point.
I started to blog about my travels last month, largely at the urging of my friends and family who want to follow this trip. I have also back filled the blog with some other trips I had taken in the past half year or so, and plan on back filling in up to two years when time permits.
In the mean time, I will just post this current trip.
I just returned from Mui Ne, and my entry is here.
My Saigon entry starts here
Entries on Sapa and other areas will come as I hit them in the coming week. Entries on Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang, and Danang from my trip last August will come when I have more time.
I have benefited from reading the TRs of others on this site and others, and I hope readers can benefit from mine as well.
As an aside, the single best trip I have taken in the past two decades was Myanmar in 2012. I will definitely post on that when I return from this around the world trip as I believe very strongly that people should go NOW.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best beaches in Sri Lanka
- 2 Yangon Birthday Dinner
- 3 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 4 A tour operator overwhelmingly mentioned on another site
- 5 Eating in India
- 6 Trekking in India
- 7 Where best to stay in Penang
- 8 Vietnam - September 2015
- 9 Hotel in Hanoi
- 10 17-Day Itinerary
- 11 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 12 Advice on tour company to Sri Lanka
- 13 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 14 Need Help for the itinerary
- 15 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 16 India On Arrival Visa
- 17 vietnam transportation
- 18 Where to eat on a budget in Tokyo
- 19 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 20 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 21 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 22 12 days in Japan
- 23 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 24 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 25 Tigerwalah Experience