I have been to Vietnam many times. I love the country and am including it in my around the world trip that I just started. A few of the sites, such as Mui Ne, are first time visits for me while others like Saigon seem like old friends at this point.
I started to blog about my travels last month, largely at the urging of my friends and family who want to follow this trip. I have also back filled the blog with some other trips I had taken in the past half year or so, and plan on back filling in up to two years when time permits.
In the mean time, I will just post this current trip.
I just returned from Mui Ne, and my entry is here.
My Saigon entry starts here
Entries on Sapa and other areas will come as I hit them in the coming week. Entries on Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang, and Danang from my trip last August will come when I have more time.
I have benefited from reading the TRs of others on this site and others, and I hope readers can benefit from mine as well.
As an aside, the single best trip I have taken in the past two decades was Myanmar in 2012. I will definitely post on that when I return from this around the world trip as I believe very strongly that people should go NOW.
Vietnam Trip Report
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 2 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 3 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 4 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 5 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 6 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 7 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 8 vietnam and laos
- 9 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 10 My SEA trip - photos update
- 11 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 12 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 13 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 14 1 week in Southeast Asia
- 15 Drink Rec for Sri Lankan Food
- 16 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 17 Jewelry shopping in Bangkok
- 18 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 19 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 20 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 21 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 22 Advice needed for April itinerary and rail pass
- 23 visiting Edu castle on 1/2/15
- 24 Are teens dressed in costumes in Harajuku on days other than Sunday?
- 25 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination