I have been to Vietnam many times. I love the country and am including it in my around the world trip that I just started. A few of the sites, such as Mui Ne, are first time visits for me while others like Saigon seem like old friends at this point.
I started to blog about my travels last month, largely at the urging of my friends and family who want to follow this trip. I have also back filled the blog with some other trips I had taken in the past half year or so, and plan on back filling in up to two years when time permits.
In the mean time, I will just post this current trip.
I just returned from Mui Ne, and my entry is here.
My Saigon entry starts here
Entries on Sapa and other areas will come as I hit them in the coming week. Entries on Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang, and Danang from my trip last August will come when I have more time.
I have benefited from reading the TRs of others on this site and others, and I hope readers can benefit from mine as well.
As an aside, the single best trip I have taken in the past two decades was Myanmar in 2012. I will definitely post on that when I return from this around the world trip as I believe very strongly that people should go NOW.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please help us find our MISSING friend
- 2 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 3 Is it possible to do the Southeast Asian mainland on a bus?
- 4 i Lanka Tea Plantaion Stay
- 5 Is there a train from Laem Chabong to Bangkok
- 6 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 7 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 8 Bangkok to Chiang Mai, train or fly?
- 9 Buying jewelry in India
- 10 Jaipur's Gem Palace
- 11 Chiang Mai
- 12 Phuket Weather
- 13 hanoi eats
- 14 Castle & King tour operator review
- 15 If choice is necessary: Ninh Binh or Ba Be ?
- 16 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 17 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 18 Five day itinerary for Bangkok. Ideas?
- 19 Bangkok for 3 nights, first time
- 20 Mongolia itinerary
- 21 Buying Jewelry in India
- 22 Indochina Junk - Which vessel?
- 23 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 24 New Delhi - What to see?
- 25 Another Vietnam Visa Question