I have been to Vietnam many times. I love the country and am including it in my around the world trip that I just started. A few of the sites, such as Mui Ne, are first time visits for me while others like Saigon seem like old friends at this point.
I started to blog about my travels last month, largely at the urging of my friends and family who want to follow this trip. I have also back filled the blog with some other trips I had taken in the past half year or so, and plan on back filling in up to two years when time permits.
In the mean time, I will just post this current trip.
I just returned from Mui Ne, and my entry is here.
My Saigon entry starts here
Entries on Sapa and other areas will come as I hit them in the coming week. Entries on Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang, and Danang from my trip last August will come when I have more time.
I have benefited from reading the TRs of others on this site and others, and I hope readers can benefit from mine as well.
As an aside, the single best trip I have taken in the past two decades was Myanmar in 2012. I will definitely post on that when I return from this around the world trip as I believe very strongly that people should go NOW.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 2 Japn tour 10 nights
- 3 Family Trip to Japan
- 4 Tour guides for Tokyo, Kyoto, Hakone, and Nara
- 5 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 6 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 7 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 8 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 9 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 10 My visit to Vietnam
- 11 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 12 Nepal
- 13 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 14 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 15 My visit to Thailand
- 16 What is the Facilities & Services of Maharajas Express Train?
- 17 Gutted!
- 18 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 19 5 weeks in Japan
- 20 My visit to Lao
- 21 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 22 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 23 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 24 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 25 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning