I have been to Vietnam many times. I love the country and am including it in my around the world trip that I just started. A few of the sites, such as Mui Ne, are first time visits for me while others like Saigon seem like old friends at this point.
I started to blog about my travels last month, largely at the urging of my friends and family who want to follow this trip. I have also back filled the blog with some other trips I had taken in the past half year or so, and plan on back filling in up to two years when time permits.
In the mean time, I will just post this current trip.
I just returned from Mui Ne, and my entry is here.
My Saigon entry starts here
Entries on Sapa and other areas will come as I hit them in the coming week. Entries on Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang, and Danang from my trip last August will come when I have more time.
I have benefited from reading the TRs of others on this site and others, and I hope readers can benefit from mine as well.
As an aside, the single best trip I have taken in the past two decades was Myanmar in 2012. I will definitely post on that when I return from this around the world trip as I believe very strongly that people should go NOW.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 2 Amakusa island help
- 3 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 4 Passport
- 5 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 6 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 7 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 8 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 9 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 10 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 11 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 12 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 13 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 14 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 15 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 16 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 17 Japan Itinerary
- 18 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 19 Toddler twin travel in India
- 20 Train vs Taxi from BKK to hotel
- 21 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 22 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 23 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 24 Help with Kyushu itinerary appreciated.
- 25 Hong Kong - Travel Report