I have been to Vietnam many times. I love the country and am including it in my around the world trip that I just started. A few of the sites, such as Mui Ne, are first time visits for me while others like Saigon seem like old friends at this point.
I started to blog about my travels last month, largely at the urging of my friends and family who want to follow this trip. I have also back filled the blog with some other trips I had taken in the past half year or so, and plan on back filling in up to two years when time permits.
In the mean time, I will just post this current trip.
I just returned from Mui Ne, and my entry is here.
My Saigon entry starts here
Entries on Sapa and other areas will come as I hit them in the coming week. Entries on Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang, and Danang from my trip last August will come when I have more time.
I have benefited from reading the TRs of others on this site and others, and I hope readers can benefit from mine as well.
As an aside, the single best trip I have taken in the past two decades was Myanmar in 2012. I will definitely post on that when I return from this around the world trip as I believe very strongly that people should go NOW.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 2 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 3 where to stay in Bali
- 4 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 5 Honeymoon Indonesia 10 days. Where?
- 6 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 7 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 8 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 9 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 10 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 11 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 12 Confused how to organize Burma itinerary.
- 13 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 15 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 16 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 17 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 18 Totally unprepared
- 19 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 20 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 21 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 22 An island paradise?
- 23 1946-2007: An Old Soldier Returns to Camp Site in Beppu
- 24 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 25 Yet again! This time in Dharamsala