I have been to Vietnam many times. I love the country and am including it in my around the world trip that I just started. A few of the sites, such as Mui Ne, are first time visits for me while others like Saigon seem like old friends at this point.
I started to blog about my travels last month, largely at the urging of my friends and family who want to follow this trip. I have also back filled the blog with some other trips I had taken in the past half year or so, and plan on back filling in up to two years when time permits.
In the mean time, I will just post this current trip.
I just returned from Mui Ne, and my entry is here.
My Saigon entry starts here
Entries on Sapa and other areas will come as I hit them in the coming week. Entries on Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang, and Danang from my trip last August will come when I have more time.
I have benefited from reading the TRs of others on this site and others, and I hope readers can benefit from mine as well.
As an aside, the single best trip I have taken in the past two decades was Myanmar in 2012. I will definitely post on that when I return from this around the world trip as I believe very strongly that people should go NOW.
Vietnam Trip Report
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A hero in Myanmar: A man who does his job
- 2 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 3 Obtaining Thai Visa in Laos
- 4 Thailand mid-December
- 5 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 6 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 7 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 8 Phillipines: itinerary suggestions
- 9 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 10 What I like about Mumbai
- 11 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 12 Sumatra for 2 weeks in December
- 13 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 14 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 15 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 16 Indian visa
- 17 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 18 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 19 US citizens applying for India visa--take care which website you use
- 20 One week in Thailand
- 21 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 22 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 23 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara
- 24 Which is better with kids, Dubai or Singapore ?
- 25 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much