I have been to Vietnam many times. I love the country and am including it in my around the world trip that I just started. A few of the sites, such as Mui Ne, are first time visits for me while others like Saigon seem like old friends at this point.
I started to blog about my travels last month, largely at the urging of my friends and family who want to follow this trip. I have also back filled the blog with some other trips I had taken in the past half year or so, and plan on back filling in up to two years when time permits.
In the mean time, I will just post this current trip.
I just returned from Mui Ne, and my entry is here.
My Saigon entry starts here
Entries on Sapa and other areas will come as I hit them in the coming week. Entries on Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang, and Danang from my trip last August will come when I have more time.
I have benefited from reading the TRs of others on this site and others, and I hope readers can benefit from mine as well.
As an aside, the single best trip I have taken in the past two decades was Myanmar in 2012. I will definitely post on that when I return from this around the world trip as I believe very strongly that people should go NOW.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kyushu in late September
- 2 Bangkok, buffet restaurants.
- 3 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 4 Bangkok, day tours.
- 5 Nancy Chandler. 1938 - 22 June 2015
- 6 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 7 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 8 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 9 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 10 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 11 hanoi eats
- 12 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 13 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 14 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 15 My First India Trip
- 16 Advice on tour company to Sri Lanka
- 17 Chiang Mai Itinerary 3 days - help with organizing?
- 18 Planning a 2-week trip to Thailand in mid-August
- 19 Castle & King tour questions
- 20 5 days Japan
- 21 Bicycle riding required?
- 22 A train ride through Java
- 23 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 24 Jogyakarta & - Bali?
- 25 A graduation celebration: Two weeks in Singapore, Java and Bali