I have been to Vietnam many times. I love the country and am including it in my around the world trip that I just started. A few of the sites, such as Mui Ne, are first time visits for me while others like Saigon seem like old friends at this point.
I started to blog about my travels last month, largely at the urging of my friends and family who want to follow this trip. I have also back filled the blog with some other trips I had taken in the past half year or so, and plan on back filling in up to two years when time permits.
In the mean time, I will just post this current trip.
I just returned from Mui Ne, and my entry is here.
My Saigon entry starts here
Entries on Sapa and other areas will come as I hit them in the coming week. Entries on Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang, and Danang from my trip last August will come when I have more time.
I have benefited from reading the TRs of others on this site and others, and I hope readers can benefit from mine as well.
As an aside, the single best trip I have taken in the past two decades was Myanmar in 2012. I will definitely post on that when I return from this around the world trip as I believe very strongly that people should go NOW.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 2 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 3 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 4 Tour Guide for Jewish Tour of Cochin
- 5 3 weeks itinerary China
- 6 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 7 Tour group for Cambodia and Vietnam or Myanmar?
- 8 Bicycle riding required?
- 9 Castle & King tour questions
- 10 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
- 11 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 12 Blog about our 6 week backpacking trip through Southeast Asia
- 13 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 14 Tokyo Hotels Etc.
- 15 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 16 trekking in july in Myanmar
- 17 Nancy Chandler. 1938 - 22 June 2015
- 18 Private guides in Japan
- 19 New Delhi - What to see?
- 20 Warning! Don't use Sinorama Holidays to book a trip to China
- 21 Japan itinerary thoughts please!
- 22 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 23 Choosing The Perfect Beach (Thai Honey Moon)
- 24 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 25 Travel in Kyushu.