Hello everyone, Current UK medical advice is that one only needs Japanese encephalitis immunisation if one is travelling to rural areas in Vintnam for more than 4 weeks [which we are not] OR if there is a current outbreak of this in the area to be visited. Can anyone point us to a website or info which would alert us to any current outbreak areas ? We will have up to date travel typhoid and hep A imms and a course of relevant malaria tablets plus all routine UK imms for tetanus, measles etc but are not sure how to identify this risk of local outbreaks of Japanese encephalitis, in particular around our planned two night visit to SaP in September this year. . Thanks.
vietnam : latest info on japanese encephalitis outbreaks in Sapa
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help re. Visa.
- 2 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 3 Bangkok and Manila
- 4 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 5 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 6 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 7 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 8 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 9 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 10 Visa
- 11 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 12 Gluten free in Japan?
- 13 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 14 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 15 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 16 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 17 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 18 Need a guide in Burma?
- 19 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 20 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 21 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 22 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 23 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 24 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 25 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?