Hello everyone, Current UK medical advice is that one only needs Japanese encephalitis immunisation if one is travelling to rural areas in Vintnam for more than 4 weeks [which we are not] OR if there is a current outbreak of this in the area to be visited. Can anyone point us to a website or info which would alert us to any current outbreak areas ? We will have up to date travel typhoid and hep A imms and a course of relevant malaria tablets plus all routine UK imms for tetanus, measles etc but are not sure how to identify this risk of local outbreaks of Japanese encephalitis, in particular around our planned two night visit to SaP in September this year. . Thanks.
vietnam : latest info on japanese encephalitis outbreaks in Sapa
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Colombo
- 2 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 3 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 4 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 5 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 6 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 7 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 8 6 Hour Layover in Ho Chi Minh
- 9 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 10 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 11 Nepal- recipe?
- 12 Cu Chi tunnels claustrophobia
- 13 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka
- 14 China trip - 15 nights
- 15 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 16 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 17 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 18 best dining in Kyoto
- 19 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 20 Traveling India in 8 Months
- 21 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 22 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 23 Mostly Myanmar and a bit of Thailand
- 24 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 25 From Pittsburgh To Bangalore India In 1 minute