Please help! We want to visit Vietnam for the first time in April 2014 (couple traveling together). Did some research and really want to visit the North (Hanoi, Halong Bay and Sapa) as well as Hoi An. We like nature, being active (hiking and biking) as well as a few days in the city (fine dining and visiting sites). My problem is I can only find affordable flights to and from Saigon. We thought we might as well spend a few days there as well, but I am worried that the trip will be to rushed. Please view my itinerary and advise if I am being over ambitious time wise?
8 April - arrive Saigon at 19h00
9 - 12 April: Saigon (3 full days, 4 nights) with day trips to Mekong delta and Cu Chi tunnels
12 April: Fly Saigon to Hanoi (2 days, 1 night)
13 April: overnight train to Sapa
14 - 16 April: Sapa, catching overnight train back to Hanoi 16th.
17 April: Hanoi
18 April: Halong Bay (1 night, 2 days)
19 April: Fly Hanoi to Da Nang, train to Hoi An
19 - 22 April: Hoi An (3 nights, 2.5 days)
22 April: train to Da Nang, fly to Saigon for midnight flight back home.
Please advise if you think we will be too rushed or is the time in each location sufficient?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Woodblock prints in Tokyo
- 2 Beach time in Thailand - mid November
- 3 4.5 days in Singapore
- 4 Bus service in Nepal
- 5 Travel to India in May?
- 6 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 7 9 days in Bali
- 8 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 9 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 10 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 11 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 12 Italy from an Asian base
- 13 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 14 Advice for a newbie!
- 15 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 16 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 17 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 18 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 19 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 20 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 21 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 22 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 23 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 24 Activation of JR Pass
- 25 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process