Please help! We want to visit Vietnam for the first time in April 2014 (couple traveling together). Did some research and really want to visit the North (Hanoi, Halong Bay and Sapa) as well as Hoi An. We like nature, being active (hiking and biking) as well as a few days in the city (fine dining and visiting sites). My problem is I can only find affordable flights to and from Saigon. We thought we might as well spend a few days there as well, but I am worried that the trip will be to rushed. Please view my itinerary and advise if I am being over ambitious time wise?
8 April - arrive Saigon at 19h00
9 - 12 April: Saigon (3 full days, 4 nights) with day trips to Mekong delta and Cu Chi tunnels
12 April: Fly Saigon to Hanoi (2 days, 1 night)
13 April: overnight train to Sapa
14 - 16 April: Sapa, catching overnight train back to Hanoi 16th.
17 April: Hanoi
18 April: Halong Bay (1 night, 2 days)
19 April: Fly Hanoi to Da Nang, train to Hoi An
19 - 22 April: Hoi An (3 nights, 2.5 days)
22 April: train to Da Nang, fly to Saigon for midnight flight back home.
Please advise if you think we will be too rushed or is the time in each location sufficient?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 2 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 3 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 4 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 5 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 6 Bali airport transportation
- 7 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 8 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 9 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 10 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 11 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 12 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 13 China visa 60 day limit--leave for weekend?
- 14 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 15 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 16 Passport for Indonesia
- 17 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 18 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 19 Is this crazy?
- 20 Dollar traveller cheques
- 21 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 22 India help with where to go
- 23 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 24 Hoi An in December?
- 25 Getting to Hoi An from Hue