Looking for some guidance on my Vietnam itinerary- My husband and I are slotting in with other family members travel arrangements. They have set their itinerary and we are hoping to join them for at least part of the trip if not all but maybe with some modifications. We know that we definitely want to do the Halong Bay cruise together and we will probably hire a driver together to go from Hue to Hoi An. Looking for some suggestions on how we might vary it a bit.
Here is the it
Day 1: Arrive Hanoi 09.50
Day 2: Hanoi
Day 3: Hanoi to Halong Bay- One night Halong Bay Cruise
Day 4: Halong back to Hanoi and then on to Hue- Travelling companions taking late flight to Hue. We are thinking of maybe doing overnight train instead. Would you see much in terms of scenery with it being night time? I love trains and just like the idea of sleeping on a train though I am sure this is a romantic notion! Think you might get more of a feeling for the country also?? Open to any comments on this.
Day 5: Hue
Day 6: Hue
Day 7: Hire driver together to see sights and transfer to Hoi An
Day 8: Hoi An
Day 9: Hoi An
Day 10: Hoi An to Ho Chi Minh (Fly from Danang)
Day 11: Ho Chi Minh
Day 12: Fly to Phu Quoc
Day 13: Phu Quoc
Day 15: Phu Quoc
Day 16: Phu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh
Day 17: Early morning international flight home
We are keen to have a few days beach relaxation at the end, should I consider cutting one of these days to spend more time in Hoi An or Ho Chi Minh? DH is quite interested in the war history side of things so want to be sure to have enough time to see the main history related sights. Is there any thing we could do to improve this?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary!
- 2 Thai Elephants
- 3 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 4 Sri Lanka in August
- 5 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 6 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 7 India itinerary critique please
- 8 Japan/Korea/HK
- 9 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 10 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 11 Vientiane and ??
- 12 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 13 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 14 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 15 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 16 Impressions of India
- 17 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?
- 18 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 19 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 20 7ish days in Myanmar, advice please (itinerary, ballooning, restaurants)
- 21 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 22 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 23 Mumbai short visit
- 24 which city should i start from first
- 25 Do not miss the variety of Indonesian cultural festivals in 2017