Looking for some guidance on my Vietnam itinerary- My husband and I are slotting in with other family members travel arrangements. They have set their itinerary and we are hoping to join them for at least part of the trip if not all but maybe with some modifications. We know that we definitely want to do the Halong Bay cruise together and we will probably hire a driver together to go from Hue to Hoi An. Looking for some suggestions on how we might vary it a bit.
Here is the it
Day 1: Arrive Hanoi 09.50
Day 2: Hanoi
Day 3: Hanoi to Halong Bay- One night Halong Bay Cruise
Day 4: Halong back to Hanoi and then on to Hue- Travelling companions taking late flight to Hue. We are thinking of maybe doing overnight train instead. Would you see much in terms of scenery with it being night time? I love trains and just like the idea of sleeping on a train though I am sure this is a romantic notion! Think you might get more of a feeling for the country also?? Open to any comments on this.
Day 5: Hue
Day 6: Hue
Day 7: Hire driver together to see sights and transfer to Hoi An
Day 8: Hoi An
Day 9: Hoi An
Day 10: Hoi An to Ho Chi Minh (Fly from Danang)
Day 11: Ho Chi Minh
Day 12: Fly to Phu Quoc
Day 13: Phu Quoc
Day 15: Phu Quoc
Day 16: Phu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh
Day 17: Early morning international flight home
We are keen to have a few days beach relaxation at the end, should I consider cutting one of these days to spend more time in Hoi An or Ho Chi Minh? DH is quite interested in the war history side of things so want to be sure to have enough time to see the main history related sights. Is there any thing we could do to improve this?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 2 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 3 How is "Vientiane" Pronounced?
- 4 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 5 Itinerary Help Japan
- 6 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 7 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 8 November, March, June... Japan?
- 9 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 10 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 11 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 12 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 13 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 14 Silk Road Tour - China
- 15 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 16 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 17 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 18 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 19 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 20 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 21 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 22 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 23 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 24 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 25 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set