We are a couple travelling with our 5 year old daughter visiting Vietnam for the first time. Tentative broad itinerary is to fly into Hanoi, explore the city the next day, then take an overnight cruise to ha long bay. From there, go to hoi an and spend 3/4 days exploring hue and hoi an. Move on to HCMC for couple of days and then finally bust the budget and spend 2/3 days at six senses, con dao. Fly out of HCMC.
Specific questions since we are doing this in June end -
- does it make sense to do Sapa because of better weather? Hanoi would be quite hot at this time.
- I had heard Ha long bay is one of the trip highlights but for that reason is quite crowded. Is the bay really dirty and over crowded? Is Bai Tu Long bay better and worth it? Or should we just forget about this area and do sapa instead?
- again from weather perspective, is it better to spend more days in hoi an / hue area or shift focus to HCMC / Mekong delta?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 2 Japan rough itinerary
- 3 One night in Osaka
- 4 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 5 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 6 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 7 Japan for Foodies
- 8 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 9 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 10 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 11 Singapore weather in August/September
- 12 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 13 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 14 First time going abroad
- 15 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 16 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 17 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 18 Backpacking on a budget
- 19 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 20 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 21 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 22 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 23 electric plug
- 24 Day trips from Sapporo
- 25 Etiquette in Japan