We are a couple travelling with our 5 year old daughter visiting Vietnam for the first time. Tentative broad itinerary is to fly into Hanoi, explore the city the next day, then take an overnight cruise to ha long bay. From there, go to hoi an and spend 3/4 days exploring hue and hoi an. Move on to HCMC for couple of days and then finally bust the budget and spend 2/3 days at six senses, con dao. Fly out of HCMC.
Specific questions since we are doing this in June end -
- does it make sense to do Sapa because of better weather? Hanoi would be quite hot at this time.
- I had heard Ha long bay is one of the trip highlights but for that reason is quite crowded. Is the bay really dirty and over crowded? Is Bai Tu Long bay better and worth it? Or should we just forget about this area and do sapa instead?
- again from weather perspective, is it better to spend more days in hoi an / hue area or shift focus to HCMC / Mekong delta?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 is this a good travel plan?
- 2 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 3 currency conversion
- 4 Phenom Penh
- 5 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 6 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 7 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 8 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 9 One day in Saigon
- 10 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 11 Bali private driver recommendation
- 12 North India Itinerary advice
- 13 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 14 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 15 The Indian money crunch.
- 16 The truth about elephant tourism
- 17 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 18 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 19 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 20 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 21 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 22 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 23 Kerala trip
- 24 E Visa for India?
- 25 1-2 months South East Asia