We are a couple travelling with our 5 year old daughter visiting Vietnam for the first time. Tentative broad itinerary is to fly into Hanoi, explore the city the next day, then take an overnight cruise to ha long bay. From there, go to hoi an and spend 3/4 days exploring hue and hoi an. Move on to HCMC for couple of days and then finally bust the budget and spend 2/3 days at six senses, con dao. Fly out of HCMC.
Specific questions since we are doing this in June end -
- does it make sense to do Sapa because of better weather? Hanoi would be quite hot at this time.
- I had heard Ha long bay is one of the trip highlights but for that reason is quite crowded. Is the bay really dirty and over crowded? Is Bai Tu Long bay better and worth it? Or should we just forget about this area and do sapa instead?
- again from weather perspective, is it better to spend more days in hoi an / hue area or shift focus to HCMC / Mekong delta?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sim cards and adaptors
- 2 Sri Lanka Visa
- 3 Hoi Ann hotel
- 4 Hotel in Hanoi
- 5 Place to stay Hue
- 6 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 7 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 8 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 9 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 10 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 11 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 12 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 13 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 14 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 15 India help needed
- 16 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 17 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 18 Trekking outside Sapa
- 19 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 20 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 21 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 22 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 23 Go to Pai or not?
- 24 Ko Kraden hotels
- 25 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake