We are a couple travelling with our 5 year old daughter visiting Vietnam for the first time. Tentative broad itinerary is to fly into Hanoi, explore the city the next day, then take an overnight cruise to ha long bay. From there, go to hoi an and spend 3/4 days exploring hue and hoi an. Move on to HCMC for couple of days and then finally bust the budget and spend 2/3 days at six senses, con dao. Fly out of HCMC.
Specific questions since we are doing this in June end -
- does it make sense to do Sapa because of better weather? Hanoi would be quite hot at this time.
- I had heard Ha long bay is one of the trip highlights but for that reason is quite crowded. Is the bay really dirty and over crowded? Is Bai Tu Long bay better and worth it? Or should we just forget about this area and do sapa instead?
- again from weather perspective, is it better to spend more days in hoi an / hue area or shift focus to HCMC / Mekong delta?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 2 3 weeks in Japan
- 3 New Years in Japan
- 4 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 5 A first time for everything in Japan
- 6 India Tour Companies
- 7 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 8 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 9 Suggestions for a trip with my daughter
- 10 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 11 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 12 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 13 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 14 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 15 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 16 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 17 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 18 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 19 Vietnam Dong
- 20 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 21 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 22 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 23 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 24 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 25 Touristy Thailand