We are a couple travelling with our 5 year old daughter visiting Vietnam for the first time. Tentative broad itinerary is to fly into Hanoi, explore the city the next day, then take an overnight cruise to ha long bay. From there, go to hoi an and spend 3/4 days exploring hue and hoi an. Move on to HCMC for couple of days and then finally bust the budget and spend 2/3 days at six senses, con dao. Fly out of HCMC.
Specific questions since we are doing this in June end -
- does it make sense to do Sapa because of better weather? Hanoi would be quite hot at this time.
- I had heard Ha long bay is one of the trip highlights but for that reason is quite crowded. Is the bay really dirty and over crowded? Is Bai Tu Long bay better and worth it? Or should we just forget about this area and do sapa instead?
- again from weather perspective, is it better to spend more days in hoi an / hue area or shift focus to HCMC / Mekong delta?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 2 Terracotta Warriors
- 3 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 4 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 5 Japan Itinerary!
- 6 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 7 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 8 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 9 hiking japan sept
- 10 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 11 Japan rough itinerary
- 12 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 13 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 14 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 15 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 16 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 17 shanghai for 4 days
- 18 Budget Servied Apt
- 19 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 20 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 22 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 23 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 24 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 25 Something about... Malaysia