I have been reading through a lot of excellent trip reports on this forum in putting together an itinerary for August in Vietnam. Two weeks is all I could unfortunately swing from work so will do the best we can in that time!
With regards to the weather, my impression is that in August North South Vietnam will be experiencing rain but Central Vietnam should be hot and dry. Please correct me if I am off the mark!
11 Halong Bay (Overnight)
12 Halong Bay (Overnight to Hue from Hanoi)
15 Hue/ Hoi An
16 Hoi An
17 Hoi An
18 Ho Chi Minh
19 Ho Chi Minh
20 Mekong Delta (Overnight)
21 Mekong Delta (back in HCMC in evening)
22 Ho Chi Minh
23 FLY HOME EARLY FROM HCMC
This is tentative and based on my perceived weather impressions. A couple of questions:
1) I have excluded Sapa based on the fact that it will be rainy and misty in August and maybe not the best time to visit. Is this correct?
2) I assume that if we wanted a bit of beach time, the best given the weather would be in Central Vietnam around Hoi An maybe (Cua Dai, An Bang?). Are the beaches generally quite clean and the water nice for swimming?
3) I had initially included a flight to Phu Quoc for a couple of days as part of the trip but understood it is past its best days now and the weather may not be so good.
4) Missing Nha Trang since although there is a nice stretch of coast it seems a bit hectic and not worth a stop in the city. Understand this will be a long overnight from Hoi An to Ho Chi Minh, how long is the bus?
5) Travelling will be me and my sister, both mid-20s, Enjoy a good mix of everything, very interested in culture, enjoy just generally walking around soaking in the atmosphere, both quite fit and adventurous as well.
Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 VERIZON@ Password ReSet CONTACT 1:800:982:8520 TECH SUPPORT CAre*
- 2 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 3 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 4 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 5 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 6 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 7 hiking japan sept
- 8 Terracotta Warriors
- 9 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 10 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 11 The best way to My Son
- 12 Japan Itinerary!
- 13 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 14 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 15 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 16 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 17 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 18 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 19 Japan rough itinerary
- 20 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 21 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 22 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 23 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 24 shanghai for 4 days
- 25 Budget Servied Apt