I have been reading through a lot of excellent trip reports on this forum in putting together an itinerary for August in Vietnam. Two weeks is all I could unfortunately swing from work so will do the best we can in that time!
With regards to the weather, my impression is that in August North South Vietnam will be experiencing rain but Central Vietnam should be hot and dry. Please correct me if I am off the mark!
11 Halong Bay (Overnight)
12 Halong Bay (Overnight to Hue from Hanoi)
15 Hue/ Hoi An
16 Hoi An
17 Hoi An
18 Ho Chi Minh
19 Ho Chi Minh
20 Mekong Delta (Overnight)
21 Mekong Delta (back in HCMC in evening)
22 Ho Chi Minh
23 FLY HOME EARLY FROM HCMC
This is tentative and based on my perceived weather impressions. A couple of questions:
1) I have excluded Sapa based on the fact that it will be rainy and misty in August and maybe not the best time to visit. Is this correct?
2) I assume that if we wanted a bit of beach time, the best given the weather would be in Central Vietnam around Hoi An maybe (Cua Dai, An Bang?). Are the beaches generally quite clean and the water nice for swimming?
3) I had initially included a flight to Phu Quoc for a couple of days as part of the trip but understood it is past its best days now and the weather may not be so good.
4) Missing Nha Trang since although there is a nice stretch of coast it seems a bit hectic and not worth a stop in the city. Understand this will be a long overnight from Hoi An to Ho Chi Minh, how long is the bus?
5) Travelling will be me and my sister, both mid-20s, Enjoy a good mix of everything, very interested in culture, enjoy just generally walking around soaking in the atmosphere, both quite fit and adventurous as well.
Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 해외야구배팅（⋰✢⋱ YOYO88 .COM ⋰✢⋱）^gallo^ 해외축구배팅사이트
- 2 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 3 currency conversion
- 4 is this a good travel plan?
- 5 Phenom Penh
- 6 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 7 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 8 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 9 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 10 One day in Saigon
- 11 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 12 Bali private driver recommendation
- 13 North India Itinerary advice
- 14 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 15 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 16 The Indian money crunch.
- 17 The truth about elephant tourism
- 18 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 19 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 20 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 21 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 22 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 23 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 24 Kerala trip
- 25 E Visa for India?