My husband and I have traveled extensively with and without our children, but we have never been to Asia WITH our kids and none of us has ever been to Cambodia or Vietnam. We are thinking of a trip there next Fall (2011) with them. It looks absolutely stunning and exciting to visit. We would not want to stay in a resort where we were isolated but rather get out with the local culture and explore, perhaps renting a small house on the beach somewhere if that is possible. At that time the kids will be 5 1/2 and 7 1/2. My daughter is a beautiful blond and my son is a very pronounced red head. As I started to plan, I have become concerned about their safety since they will stand out so much in this region. I am also wondering about the health risks - my daughter in particular is very allergic to mosquitos and tends to be susceptible to illnesses. I was wondering if anyone has advice on these risks given our situation. Perhaps I am just being paranoid but if I need to worry the whole time I don't think that would be much of a vacation. Any advice is welcome!
Vietnam and/or Cambodia - safe with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Foreign currency
- 2 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 3 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 4 Favorite travel apps?
- 5 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 6 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 7 Airfare from Bali to Ko Samui
- 8 Destination Bangkok, again
- 9 Honeymoon In sept
- 10 Vietnam October 2014
- 11 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 12 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 13 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 14 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 15 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 16 Indonesian visa update
- 17 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 18 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 19 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 20 where can i find replica handbags
- 21 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 22 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 23 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 24 Distance from Tokyo to port of Yokohama
- 25 Interesting article about "Good News" being tweeted about Tibet