My husband and I have traveled extensively with and without our children, but we have never been to Asia WITH our kids and none of us has ever been to Cambodia or Vietnam. We are thinking of a trip there next Fall (2011) with them. It looks absolutely stunning and exciting to visit. We would not want to stay in a resort where we were isolated but rather get out with the local culture and explore, perhaps renting a small house on the beach somewhere if that is possible. At that time the kids will be 5 1/2 and 7 1/2. My daughter is a beautiful blond and my son is a very pronounced red head. As I started to plan, I have become concerned about their safety since they will stand out so much in this region. I am also wondering about the health risks - my daughter in particular is very allergic to mosquitos and tends to be susceptible to illnesses. I was wondering if anyone has advice on these risks given our situation. Perhaps I am just being paranoid but if I need to worry the whole time I don't think that would be much of a vacation. Any advice is welcome!
Vietnam and/or Cambodia - safe with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 2 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 3 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 4 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 5 Odyssey unlimited
- 6 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 7 1st time Japan - solo female
- 8 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 9 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 10 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 11 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 12 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 13 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 14 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 15 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 16 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 17 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 18 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 19 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 20 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 21 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 22 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 23 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 24 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 25 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!