My husband and I have traveled extensively with and without our children, but we have never been to Asia WITH our kids and none of us has ever been to Cambodia or Vietnam. We are thinking of a trip there next Fall (2011) with them. It looks absolutely stunning and exciting to visit. We would not want to stay in a resort where we were isolated but rather get out with the local culture and explore, perhaps renting a small house on the beach somewhere if that is possible. At that time the kids will be 5 1/2 and 7 1/2. My daughter is a beautiful blond and my son is a very pronounced red head. As I started to plan, I have become concerned about their safety since they will stand out so much in this region. I am also wondering about the health risks - my daughter in particular is very allergic to mosquitos and tends to be susceptible to illnesses. I was wondering if anyone has advice on these risks given our situation. Perhaps I am just being paranoid but if I need to worry the whole time I don't think that would be much of a vacation. Any advice is welcome!
Vietnam and/or Cambodia - safe with kids?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 2 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 3 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 4 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 5 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 6 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 7 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 8 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 9 vietnam and laos
- 10 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 11 Connaught Place
- 12 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 13 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 14 My SEA trip - photos update
- 15 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 16 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 17 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do
- 18 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 19 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 20 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 21 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 22 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 23 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 24 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 25 What did you think of Mumbai?