A friend of mine and I are planning on a trip to Cambodia and Vietnam in the middle of Feb. We are two women in our 40's and both of us have traveled extensively although I have never been to Asia.
We are planning on flying into Siem Reap from Chicago. We originally wanted to visit Phnom Penh but after considering all of the cities we wanted to visit in our limited time, we decided to eliminate it. (Not sure if that is a wise decision.) Can you give me your opinions on the following itinerary.
Day 1 - Arrive in Siem Reap very late.
Day 2 - Siem Reap
Day 3 - Siem Reap
Day 4 - Siem Reap
Day 5 - Travel to HCM City
Day 6 - HCM City
Day 7 - HCM City
Day 8 - HCM City
Day 9 - Travel to Hoi An
Day 10 - Hoi An
Day 11 - Travel to Hue
Day 12 - Hue
Day 13 - Travel to Hanoi
Day 14 - Travel to Halong Bay and take 2D/1N cruise
Day 14 - Travel back to Hanoi
Day 15 - Leave for Home.
Are we staying too long in Siem Reap and not enough time in Hoi An/ Hue? Since we don't have a lot of time, we wanted to get a good flavor of the countries. One of us is very interested in history and the other is very interested in food and cooking. We both love just taking in a new culture and experiences.
Thanks so much for any assistance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam visa debate
- 2 Please help us with planning a Silk Road tour in China 2017
- 3 Japan Cherry Blossom time 2018
- 4 Transfers and hotel Hong Kong
- 5 Vietnam visa
- 6 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 7 Silk Road Tour - China
- 8 Bye bye SE Asia
- 9 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 12 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 13 India Tour Companies
- 14 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 15 Laos planning.
- 16 Japan rough itinerary
- 17 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 18 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 19 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 20 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 21 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 22 One night in Osaka
- 23 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 24 Japan - costs
- 25 Japan for Foodies