Thinking of visiting relative now based in the Laotian capital. Would begin my trip from JFK. I have been to SEA numerous times but partner has never been to Asia. No real wish to re-visit LP again.
What combines well with Vientiane? I would love to return to Japan and thinking along those lines. While I've been to Siem Reap (2000) I have never visited PP. Trip has to have a good deal of luxury/comfort in order to satisfy more timid travel partner.
At this point just casting for general ideas..maybe combine Tokyo/Kyoto with Vientiane? Maybe a side trip to PP? Would love a luxurious beach option with clear, flat water but no need to fly too far to find that....
Total trip no longer than three weeks..budget generous but not Aman-level (although could be arm-twisted, maybe, as this is celebration to mark return to decent health for both of us) ...many thanks!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 base bangkok or manilla
- 2 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 3 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 4 Idiotic time zone question
- 5 Christmas in the Alps
- 6 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 7 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 8 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 9 Mount Koya
- 10 Sometahing is wrong
- 11 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 12 Twin rooms in Japan
- 13 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 14 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 15 sri lanka- tips required
- 16 Change my Itinerary?
- 17 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week