We are here in Bagan and have so far had quite a disappointing day. Our Balloons over Bagan ride was cancelled due to high altitude winds -- quite understandable as a safety precaution but still disappointing as we likely will not be able to reschedule. We immediately set to work trying to get in touch with Min Thu because we were scheduled (after many email exchanges over the last few months) to meet him this afternoon at 3:30. When we got him on the phone he said he could not take us today or for the whole day we had scheduled tomorrow because he was in tour guide school! He never let us know this and seemed totally unconcerned that this upset our plans. We asked if he could find a substitute and he said he would. Have no idea how this will work out. Is this his usual model operation? If so I can't believe he will continue to have such a good reputation.
Very disappointed in Min Thu
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 2 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 3 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 4 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?
- 5 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 6 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 7 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 8 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 9 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 10 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 11 Anyone in Bangkok
- 12 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?
- 13 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 14 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 15 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 16 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 17 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 18 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 19 Travel Insurance
- 20 South East Asia
- 21 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 22 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 23 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 24 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 25 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!