I will be travelling from the U.S. to Asia for the first time in September, and I will be there for a month. I will be visiting Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto, Izu Peninsula) and China (Beijing, Shanghai, Xi’an). I want to make sure that I get all of the vaccinations that I need, and that I start them early enough before I leave for my trip.
Based on my online research, I have listed the vaccinations that are relevant to the regions. Please let me know your thoughts and experiences on which to get and when to get them:
Also, what are your thoughts on eating food from street vendors? I was considering getting street food while in Tokyo (and elsewhere in Japan) some of the days; is this dangerous? How about street food in China?
Should I avoid raw (and possibly unwashed) fruits and vegetables in both Japan and China? Are there any other foods I should not eat while I am there? Are there any concerns with the sushi?
Should I avoid drinking tap water and stick to bottled water in both countries?
Thank you in advance for your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 2 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 3 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 4 Itinerary Help Japan
- 5 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 6 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 7 November, March, June... Japan?
- 8 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 9 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 10 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 11 Silk Road Tour - China
- 12 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 13 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 14 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 15 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 16 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 17 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 18 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 19 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 20 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 21 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 22 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 23 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 24 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 25 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea