I will be travelling from the U.S. to Asia for the first time in September, and I will be there for a month. I will be visiting Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto, Izu Peninsula) and China (Beijing, Shanghai, Xi’an). I want to make sure that I get all of the vaccinations that I need, and that I start them early enough before I leave for my trip.
Based on my online research, I have listed the vaccinations that are relevant to the regions. Please let me know your thoughts and experiences on which to get and when to get them:
Also, what are your thoughts on eating food from street vendors? I was considering getting street food while in Tokyo (and elsewhere in Japan) some of the days; is this dangerous? How about street food in China?
Should I avoid raw (and possibly unwashed) fruits and vegetables in both Japan and China? Are there any other foods I should not eat while I am there? Are there any concerns with the sushi?
Should I avoid drinking tap water and stick to bottled water in both countries?
Thank you in advance for your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 4 Travel India solo
- 5 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 6 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 7 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 8 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 9 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 10 North India Itinerary advice
- 11 Indonesia travel agent
- 12 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 13 Osaka, aquarium?
- 14 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 15 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 16 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 17 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 18 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 19 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 20 A beach of choice on Samui
- 21 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 22 Bangkok Taxis
- 23 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 24 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 25 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US