I am planning a trip to Uzbekistan next year(April- May), I am trying to build a rough estimate of how much things might actually cost.
1. Is it actually possible(and easy) to exchange dollars to som for something like 2800/$ ? Even in smaller places like Bukhara or Khiva?
2. Is 10-15$ a day a realistic budget for food? I wont be eating in expensive places, and am a vegetarian so, will there be any options in local/low cost eateries, like pilaf, fruits and cheese,pizzas and stuff?
3. I couldnt really find out the cost of admission for sites, like Registan or the towers in Khiva or the "photography pass" in various cities ? Or are they mostly not very significant? Mosques would be free, right? Is there a list with all costs available somehwere?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tiger Temple - Horrific find.
- 2 Wagha Border Ceremony
- 3 Japan: T-Mobile?
- 4 Driving in Japan
- 5 Help! Shanghai intern housing
- 6 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 7 Where to go SOLO in (SE. Asia?) june/july (3-4 weeks)? Help me decide
- 8 Laos in the end of June
- 9 Japanese Alps
- 10 Taiwan / Taipei Advice Sought
- 11 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 12 Hong Kong Trip planning
- 13 Malaria in Yangshuo/Guilin/Yunnan Province?
- 14 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 15 Tiger Temple
- 16 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 17 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 18 Hong Kong or Toyko
- 19 Hilton Toyko to Kabukicho ---evening walk??
- 20 5 day rain-free trip in India
- 21 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 22 First time trip to Japan questions
- 23 Japan & WiFi
- 24 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 25 Sri Lanka in 12 Days