i'm planning on flying to Kuching for a 10-day trip to Sarawak, going north, doing some trips upriver, stay at longhouses and visit Niah/Mulu caves. (i hope i can make it in such a time frame!)
after that (on the 11th/12th day) is it practical to fly out from Brunei which seem closer on the map, instead of returning to Kuching?
or perhaps do this trip in oposite way, so fly in to Brunei and out from Kuching .
previous postings mention that road transport is slow and difficult up there.
after Sarawak i'm going to Singapore, so the budget choise of flying out seems to be Kuching. Miri seems not (which is also near Mulu) and i'd avoid an extra flight Miri -KK / Kuching because i 'll have so many flights already, so better do that overland, from Mulu to exit point.
i hope this question is not very complicated! what do you suggest?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 2 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 3 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 4 2 weeks in Java
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 6 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 7 Italy from an Asian base
- 8 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 9 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 10 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 11 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 12 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 13 My new 10 year china visa
- 14 Hotel with easy access to Itami airport
- 15 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 16 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 17 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 18 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 19 Update on riding elephants
- 20 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 21 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
- 22 Medical Trip Insurance: To Buy Or Not To Buy
- 23 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 24 Thailand 1st time - June travel
- 25 Thai Airways International Layover: Baggage Recheck?