i'm planning on flying to Kuching for a 10-day trip to Sarawak, going north, doing some trips upriver, stay at longhouses and visit Niah/Mulu caves. (i hope i can make it in such a time frame!)
after that (on the 11th/12th day) is it practical to fly out from Brunei which seem closer on the map, instead of returning to Kuching?
or perhaps do this trip in oposite way, so fly in to Brunei and out from Kuching .
previous postings mention that road transport is slow and difficult up there.
after Sarawak i'm going to Singapore, so the budget choise of flying out seems to be Kuching. Miri seems not (which is also near Mulu) and i'd avoid an extra flight Miri -KK / Kuching because i 'll have so many flights already, so better do that overland, from Mulu to exit point.
i hope this question is not very complicated! what do you suggest?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Xi'an advice please
- 2 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 3 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 4 Visa for India
- 5 NY Times article on Sulawesi and seeing the Torajan death rituals
- 6 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 7 Is there a train from Laem Chabong to Bangkok
- 8 Is it possible to do the Southeast Asian mainland on a bus?
- 9 Vietnam-Halong Bay overnight Cruises
- 10 Bangkok to Chiang Mai, train or fly?
- 11 Mobile apps for Asian countries
- 12 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 13 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 14 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 15 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 16 Flower Arranging in Kyoto
- 17 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 18 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 19 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 20 Hotel for two night stop over in Singapore
- 21 i Lanka Tea Plantaion Stay
- 22 Buying jewelry in India
- 23 Jaipur's Gem Palace
- 24 Chiang Mai
- 25 Phuket Weather