i'm planning on flying to Kuching for a 10-day trip to Sarawak, going north, doing some trips upriver, stay at longhouses and visit Niah/Mulu caves. (i hope i can make it in such a time frame!)
after that (on the 11th/12th day) is it practical to fly out from Brunei which seem closer on the map, instead of returning to Kuching?
or perhaps do this trip in oposite way, so fly in to Brunei and out from Kuching .
previous postings mention that road transport is slow and difficult up there.
after Sarawak i'm going to Singapore, so the budget choise of flying out seems to be Kuching. Miri seems not (which is also near Mulu) and i'd avoid an extra flight Miri -KK / Kuching because i 'll have so many flights already, so better do that overland, from Mulu to exit point.
i hope this question is not very complicated! what do you suggest?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Rookies in Japan
- 2 Would travelers still be wise to use travel agents for Myanmar?
- 3 Getting From Bangkok to Koh Phangan
- 4 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 5 Taiwan in 7 days
- 6 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 7 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 8 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 9 changing left over currency
- 10 Japan, Thailand Itinerary
- 11 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
- 12 Alternative to Koyasan
- 13 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 14 Silk weaving community in Bangkok
- 15 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 16 Moderate hotel in Phuket
- 17 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 18 Itinerary feedback please
- 19 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 20 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 21 Tokyo hotel help
- 22 Transportation from PVG to Hotel
- 23 IMMUNIZATIONS Needed?? Thailand/Cambodia/Beijing
- 24 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 25 Impressions of India