i'm planning on flying to Kuching for a 10-day trip to Sarawak, going north, doing some trips upriver, stay at longhouses and visit Niah/Mulu caves. (i hope i can make it in such a time frame!)
after that (on the 11th/12th day) is it practical to fly out from Brunei which seem closer on the map, instead of returning to Kuching?
or perhaps do this trip in oposite way, so fly in to Brunei and out from Kuching .
previous postings mention that road transport is slow and difficult up there.
after Sarawak i'm going to Singapore, so the budget choise of flying out seems to be Kuching. Miri seems not (which is also near Mulu) and i'd avoid an extra flight Miri -KK / Kuching because i 'll have so many flights already, so better do that overland, from Mulu to exit point.
i hope this question is not very complicated! what do you suggest?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 2 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 3 Phu Quoc
- 4 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 5 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 6 5 weeks in Japan
- 7 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 8 Requesting Passport Number
- 9 China and Japan help
- 10 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 11 Help! India Visa question....
- 12 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 13 Singapore hotel
- 14 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 15 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
- 16 Indonesia in February/rainy season
- 17 Still contemplating SEA this winter and have questions
- 18 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 19 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 21 Solo female first-timer: Thailand
- 22 Shanghai Pollution in January 2016
- 23 Japan winter! 2-month itinerary
- 24 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 25 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?