i'm planning on flying to Kuching for a 10-day trip to Sarawak, going north, doing some trips upriver, stay at longhouses and visit Niah/Mulu caves. (i hope i can make it in such a time frame!)
after that (on the 11th/12th day) is it practical to fly out from Brunei which seem closer on the map, instead of returning to Kuching?
or perhaps do this trip in oposite way, so fly in to Brunei and out from Kuching .
previous postings mention that road transport is slow and difficult up there.
after Sarawak i'm going to Singapore, so the budget choise of flying out seems to be Kuching. Miri seems not (which is also near Mulu) and i'd avoid an extra flight Miri -KK / Kuching because i 'll have so many flights already, so better do that overland, from Mulu to exit point.
i hope this question is not very complicated! what do you suggest?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 2 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 3 Kyushu in late September
- 4 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 5 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 6 hanoi eats
- 7 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 8 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 9 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 10 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 11 My First India Trip
- 12 Advice on tour company to Sri Lanka
- 13 Chiang Mai Itinerary 3 days - help with organizing?
- 14 Planning a 2-week trip to Thailand in mid-August
- 15 Castle & King tour questions
- 16 5 days Japan
- 17 Bicycle riding required?
- 18 A train ride through Java
- 19 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 20 Jogyakarta & - Bali?
- 21 A graduation celebration: Two weeks in Singapore, Java and Bali
- 22 Shanghai to Guilin Weekend Trip-July
- 23 Kathie’s Return to Jogja
- 24 Would This Deter You From Flying On Lao Airlines?
- 25 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!