i'm planning on flying to Kuching for a 10-day trip to Sarawak, going north, doing some trips upriver, stay at longhouses and visit Niah/Mulu caves. (i hope i can make it in such a time frame!)
after that (on the 11th/12th day) is it practical to fly out from Brunei which seem closer on the map, instead of returning to Kuching?
or perhaps do this trip in oposite way, so fly in to Brunei and out from Kuching .
previous postings mention that road transport is slow and difficult up there.
after Sarawak i'm going to Singapore, so the budget choise of flying out seems to be Kuching. Miri seems not (which is also near Mulu) and i'd avoid an extra flight Miri -KK / Kuching because i 'll have so many flights already, so better do that overland, from Mulu to exit point.
i hope this question is not very complicated! what do you suggest?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotel in Hanoi
- 2 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 3 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 4 Tigerwalah Experience
- 5 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 6 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 7 Udon Thani, Thailand - Rustic Pathways high school summer program
- 8 Where best to stay in Penang
- 9 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 10 Bullet train - which JR stations in Tokyo to go to Kyoto
- 11 Beaches closest to Rajasthan
- 12 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 13 Places to see in Kuala Lumpur
- 14 honeymoon in Thailand-help
- 15 Travel from Tokyo to Kanazawa
- 16 Mumbai Airport Help. Is 2 hours enough time for domestic transfer?
- 17 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 18 Sien Reap Guide/Accomodation
- 19 KOYA-SAN: Hotel, please
- 20 Private guide and driver for India
- 21 NYT: Local cuisine in Siem Reap
- 22 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 23 2 weeks in Asia with a 2 year old (in February)
- 24 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 25 vietnam transportation