i'm planning on flying to Kuching for a 10-day trip to Sarawak, going north, doing some trips upriver, stay at longhouses and visit Niah/Mulu caves. (i hope i can make it in such a time frame!)
after that (on the 11th/12th day) is it practical to fly out from Brunei which seem closer on the map, instead of returning to Kuching?
or perhaps do this trip in oposite way, so fly in to Brunei and out from Kuching .
previous postings mention that road transport is slow and difficult up there.
after Sarawak i'm going to Singapore, so the budget choise of flying out seems to be Kuching. Miri seems not (which is also near Mulu) and i'd avoid an extra flight Miri -KK / Kuching because i 'll have so many flights already, so better do that overland, from Mulu to exit point.
i hope this question is not very complicated! what do you suggest?
Trip to Sarawak - fly out from Brunei ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Destination Bangkok, again
- 2 Indonesian visa update
- 3 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 4 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 5 Solo F Traveller 25yrs 15th August 2014- 11th September 2014
- 6 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 7 10 Day trip to Thailand - end of March
- 8 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 9 Help us fill our blank itinerary: 1 week in China
- 10 Japan and China for 16 days
- 11 Exploring Thailand
- 12 Drivers for Laos & Java
- 13 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 14 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 15 Japan in December
- 16 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 17 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 18 Phuket
- 19 More time in Hoi An or Nha Trang? Not beach enthusiasts
- 20 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 21 Looking for advice on short Burma itinerary
- 22 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 23 Phones in Asia
- 24 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 25 marmot and Others - Looking for Bali Furniture Advice