i'm planning on flying to Kuching for a 10-day trip to Sarawak, going north, doing some trips upriver, stay at longhouses and visit Niah/Mulu caves. (i hope i can make it in such a time frame!)
after that (on the 11th/12th day) is it practical to fly out from Brunei which seem closer on the map, instead of returning to Kuching?
or perhaps do this trip in oposite way, so fly in to Brunei and out from Kuching .
previous postings mention that road transport is slow and difficult up there.
after Sarawak i'm going to Singapore, so the budget choise of flying out seems to be Kuching. Miri seems not (which is also near Mulu) and i'd avoid an extra flight Miri -KK / Kuching because i 'll have so many flights already, so better do that overland, from Mulu to exit point.
i hope this question is not very complicated! what do you suggest?
Trip to Sarawak - fly out from Brunei ?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Adelphi Suites
- 2 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 3 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 4 2 Weeks in Thailand - Looking for suggestions
- 5 Hakone - where to stay for two nights
- 6 Clothing needs
- 7 Silver shops on New Road behind the Oriental Hotel. Bangkok
- 8 Nancy Chandler maps
- 9 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 10 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 11 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 12 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 13 Help re. Visa.
- 14 Snow Monkeys in Japan
- 15 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 16 2-3 days to spend near Shanghai: Hangzhou or Monganshan?
- 17 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 18 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 19 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 20 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 21 Jet Lagged in Mumbai
- 22 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 23 Free Sumo ticket in Fukuoka November 21
- 24 Do we need to reserve trains far in advance or just rock up to Station?
- 25 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?