We are supposed to depart for Hong Kong from Korea in 5 days for a 6 day trip. The baby has a low grade fever right now of 100.6 F. Several of the babies in daycare just developed higher fevers, so I don't know she has the same thing. I'm trying to prepare various options. Hopefully she will get better, but she might get worse. Our adult flights were bought through orbitz and the infant ticket through the airline. The orbitz cancellation policy is that we can rebook for $200 fee each on top of the ticket price difference if we go in the future. The tickets we got were less than $200 each. We didn't purchase travel insurance, but from my quick research, it seems that travel insurance only works if the fees are totally nonrefundable, right? So, with the flights and the first night of hotel which is nonrefundable, we will be out $750 or so if we have to cancel. I'm guessing there is no point in getting travel insurance now or if it would even apply for our scenario. Also, we are concerned that if she has a fever, she might be denied entry into Hong Kong even if it's just a cold? Anyone know anything about this? Of course, if she is sick right before the departure date, we would bring her to the pediatrician to get his/her opinion on whether it's best to stay home.
trip to Hong Kong, baby may be sick, travel insurance, etc
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Chiang Mai seven days - help please?
- 2 Keng Tung Trek, difficult, moderate, or easy?
- 3 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 4 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 5 Tokyo to Takayama with transit in Matsumoto in one day
- 6 Myanmar: Anyone traveled to Mrauk U ?
- 7 Sri Lanka Itinerary: comments welcome
- 8 Singapòre with a 9 year old
- 9 Feedback on our C&K India itinerary
- 10 Malaysian honeymoon
- 11 Backpacking - Does she remind you of anyone?
- 12 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 13 Indonesia - 1 month itinerary
- 14 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 15 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 16 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 17 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 18 India - 2 Days only
- 19 China with Collette Tours
- 20 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 22 Beach selection in Thailand
- 23 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 24 Burma river cruise
- 25 hotel Paradise Island in Bentota, Sri Lanka toxic hepatitis.