We are supposed to depart for Hong Kong from Korea in 5 days for a 6 day trip. The baby has a low grade fever right now of 100.6 F. Several of the babies in daycare just developed higher fevers, so I don't know she has the same thing. I'm trying to prepare various options. Hopefully she will get better, but she might get worse. Our adult flights were bought through orbitz and the infant ticket through the airline. The orbitz cancellation policy is that we can rebook for $200 fee each on top of the ticket price difference if we go in the future. The tickets we got were less than $200 each. We didn't purchase travel insurance, but from my quick research, it seems that travel insurance only works if the fees are totally nonrefundable, right? So, with the flights and the first night of hotel which is nonrefundable, we will be out $750 or so if we have to cancel. I'm guessing there is no point in getting travel insurance now or if it would even apply for our scenario. Also, we are concerned that if she has a fever, she might be denied entry into Hong Kong even if it's just a cold? Anyone know anything about this? Of course, if she is sick right before the departure date, we would bring her to the pediatrician to get his/her opinion on whether it's best to stay home.
trip to Hong Kong, baby may be sick, travel insurance, etc
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 1week in Hyderabad in mid-April need itinerary help
- 2 which is your nest city ?
- 3 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 4 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 5 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 6 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 7 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 8 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 9 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 10 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 11 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 12 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 13 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 14 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 15 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 16 Nepal
- 17 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 18 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 19 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 20 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 21 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 22 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 23 1st time Japan - solo female
- 24 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 25 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures