We are supposed to depart for Hong Kong from Korea in 5 days for a 6 day trip. The baby has a low grade fever right now of 100.6 F. Several of the babies in daycare just developed higher fevers, so I don't know she has the same thing. I'm trying to prepare various options. Hopefully she will get better, but she might get worse. Our adult flights were bought through orbitz and the infant ticket through the airline. The orbitz cancellation policy is that we can rebook for $200 fee each on top of the ticket price difference if we go in the future. The tickets we got were less than $200 each. We didn't purchase travel insurance, but from my quick research, it seems that travel insurance only works if the fees are totally nonrefundable, right? So, with the flights and the first night of hotel which is nonrefundable, we will be out $750 or so if we have to cancel. I'm guessing there is no point in getting travel insurance now or if it would even apply for our scenario. Also, we are concerned that if she has a fever, she might be denied entry into Hong Kong even if it's just a cold? Anyone know anything about this? Of course, if she is sick right before the departure date, we would bring her to the pediatrician to get his/her opinion on whether it's best to stay home.
trip to Hong Kong, baby may be sick, travel insurance, etc
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 2 Can you bargain tour price?
- 3 How is FREEWHEELING?
- 4 3 1/2 week trip to Japan advise please!
- 5 4 week solo trip through Myanmar/ Burma
- 6 DENTAL IMPLANT
- 7 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 8 driver&business assitant&guide in Shanghai
- 9 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 10 Help ! How bad is the rain in Bangkok early/mid September? Thanks
- 11 April in Bangkok, again!
- 12 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 13 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 14 Japan night bus
- 15 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 16 Living in Singapore Questions
- 17 Thailand - Koh Samui vs Koh Tao
- 18 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 19 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 20 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 21 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 22 Problems at 12,000'
- 23 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 24 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 25 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship