My husband has offered to take me to Borneo to see orangutans for my 40th birthday. This is a lifelong dream!
I'd love to hear from any of you who have been to Borneo to see orangutans. Tours seem to very greatly from an incredible (and incredibly expensive) tour with Dr. Galdikas herself, to the extremely rustic sleeping on boat decks on mats with mosquito nets (and no guarantees of sightings).
There's a lot to choose from! I love the Galdikas trip, and know it will be mind blowing, but the price tag scares me. I want to know that I will see orangutans close up and possibly have some sort of interaction with them.
We'd also love to spend a little time snorkeling in Borneo before we head back to the states.
I welcome your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://primacleanseplus.com/bodyblast-cleanse/
- 2 Something about... Malaysia
- 3 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 4 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 5 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 6 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 7 Budget Servied Apt
- 8 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 9 Terracotta Warriors
- 10 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 11 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 12 hiking japan sept
- 13 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 14 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 15 The best way to My Son
- 16 Japan Itinerary!
- 17 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 18 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 19 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 20 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 21 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 22 Japan rough itinerary
- 23 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 24 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 25 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai