My husband has offered to take me to Borneo to see orangutans for my 40th birthday. This is a lifelong dream!
I'd love to hear from any of you who have been to Borneo to see orangutans. Tours seem to very greatly from an incredible (and incredibly expensive) tour with Dr. Galdikas herself, to the extremely rustic sleeping on boat decks on mats with mosquito nets (and no guarantees of sightings).
There's a lot to choose from! I love the Galdikas trip, and know it will be mind blowing, but the price tag scares me. I want to know that I will see orangutans close up and possibly have some sort of interaction with them.
We'd also love to spend a little time snorkeling in Borneo before we head back to the states.
I welcome your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 4 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 5 Road Scholar tour in China
- 6 Being customs
- 7 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 8 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 9 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 10 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 11 Tips in Myanmar
- 12 myanmar
- 13 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 14 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 15 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 16 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 17 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 18 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 19 A beach of choice on Samui
- 20 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 21 Travel India solo
- 22 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 23 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 24 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 25 Busan Central Bus Terminal