My husband has offered to take me to Borneo to see orangutans for my 40th birthday. This is a lifelong dream!
I'd love to hear from any of you who have been to Borneo to see orangutans. Tours seem to very greatly from an incredible (and incredibly expensive) tour with Dr. Galdikas herself, to the extremely rustic sleeping on boat decks on mats with mosquito nets (and no guarantees of sightings).
There's a lot to choose from! I love the Galdikas trip, and know it will be mind blowing, but the price tag scares me. I want to know that I will see orangutans close up and possibly have some sort of interaction with them.
We'd also love to spend a little time snorkeling in Borneo before we head back to the states.
I welcome your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Traffic and Police in India
- 2 New Years in Japan
- 3 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 4 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 5 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 6 3 weeks in Japan
- 7 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 8 A first time for everything in Japan
- 9 India Tour Companies
- 10 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 11 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 12 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 13 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 14 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 15 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 16 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 17 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 18 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 19 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 20 Vietnam Dong
- 21 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 22 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 23 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 24 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 25 Touristy Thailand