My husband has offered to take me to Borneo to see orangutans for my 40th birthday. This is a lifelong dream!
I'd love to hear from any of you who have been to Borneo to see orangutans. Tours seem to very greatly from an incredible (and incredibly expensive) tour with Dr. Galdikas herself, to the extremely rustic sleeping on boat decks on mats with mosquito nets (and no guarantees of sightings).
There's a lot to choose from! I love the Galdikas trip, and know it will be mind blowing, but the price tag scares me. I want to know that I will see orangutans close up and possibly have some sort of interaction with them.
We'd also love to spend a little time snorkeling in Borneo before we head back to the states.
I welcome your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 2 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 3 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 4 India Safari 2017
- 5 Japan- National Holiday
- 6 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 7 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 8 India in March and April??
- 9 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 10 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 11 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 12 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 13 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 14 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 15 Rishikesh, India
- 16 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 17 Tokyo Shopping: Sports Team Tees
- 18 Passport
- 19 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 20 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 21 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 22 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 23 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 24 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 25 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16