My husband has offered to take me to Borneo to see orangutans for my 40th birthday. This is a lifelong dream!
I'd love to hear from any of you who have been to Borneo to see orangutans. Tours seem to very greatly from an incredible (and incredibly expensive) tour with Dr. Galdikas herself, to the extremely rustic sleeping on boat decks on mats with mosquito nets (and no guarantees of sightings).
There's a lot to choose from! I love the Galdikas trip, and know it will be mind blowing, but the price tag scares me. I want to know that I will see orangutans close up and possibly have some sort of interaction with them.
We'd also love to spend a little time snorkeling in Borneo before we head back to the states.
I welcome your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo hotel help
- 2 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 3 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 4 Bali - What to do?
- 5 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 6 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 7 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 8 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 9 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Bangkok transport to Shangri La Hotel
- 12 Private tours in Northern India
- 13 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 14 To the Gili Islands - From Ubud or South Bali?
- 15 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 16 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 17 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 18 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 19 Vietnam visa
- 20 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 21 Family Friendly Penang
- 22 Train trip costs help please
- 23 Weather forecast
- 24 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 25 New Vietnam eVisa service