My husband has offered to take me to Borneo to see orangutans for my 40th birthday. This is a lifelong dream!
I'd love to hear from any of you who have been to Borneo to see orangutans. Tours seem to very greatly from an incredible (and incredibly expensive) tour with Dr. Galdikas herself, to the extremely rustic sleeping on boat decks on mats with mosquito nets (and no guarantees of sightings).
There's a lot to choose from! I love the Galdikas trip, and know it will be mind blowing, but the price tag scares me. I want to know that I will see orangutans close up and possibly have some sort of interaction with them.
We'd also love to spend a little time snorkeling in Borneo before we head back to the states.
I welcome your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 EPSON printer Installation CONTACT☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h Supp0rt care
- 2 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 3 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 4 Hotel in Hanoi
- 5 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 6 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 7 India help needed
- 8 Place to stay Hue
- 9 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 10 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 11 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 12 Hoi Ann hotel
- 13 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 14 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 15 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 16 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 17 Trekking outside Sapa
- 18 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 19 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 20 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 21 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 22 Go to Pai or not?
- 23 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 24 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India
- 25 Thai Island Itinerary